LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 220 users in the forums

My Mock Take it or leave it.

My Mock Take it or leave it.

You can comment on it too..

FA signings mostly our guys
James Jones WR GB
Jared Gaither OT Bal
Champ Bailey S Den (hear he wants out and to transition to safety)
Ray McDonald DE
A. Franklin DT
Manny Lawson OLB
Troy Smith QB
Dennis Dixon QB

This is all assuming we stay a 3-4 defense and draft players for the WCO.

===
1. Prince Amukamara CB NEB 6'1" 205 big enough to take Nates spot and not be embarrassed by Vincent Jackson or a cast of many as Nate has this season.

2. Dontay Moch OLB Nevada 6-1 245 probably expected to be the fastest OLB in the draft he gets great pressure on QBs racking up 26 sacks in 3 seasons.

3. Ricky Stanzi QB Iowa 6'4" 230 Prototype size and good accuracy someone Coach Jim can mold into a WCO monster. Draft position for this guy is the question I've seen him as high as the 2nd round but as low as the 5th so I took him in the 3rd.

4. DeAndre Brown WR Southern Miss 6'5" 240 lbs Massive WCO style wr, he's had a broken leg that set him back but when healthy reminds me of a T.O. or Andre Johnson style WR. Low risk high reward pick in the 4th.

4. Austin Pettis WR Boise State 6'3" 201 lbs From what I have seen of Pettis is he's a clutch playmaker at wr. Alot of people may ask why draft 2 wr's in the 4th round but other then Crabtree, Morgan, and Ginn no ones else is safe on the roster and injured.

5. John Graves DE Virigina Tech 6'3" 278 lbs, this is a Ray McDonald style pick, Graves has been injured off and on but this guy is a beast when healthy.

6. Terrell McClain DT South Florida 6'2" 310 lbs Good depth and could probably play both end and NT.

6. Anthony Gaitor CB Florida International 5'10" 180lbs

7. Andrew Phillips OG Stanford
7. Chase Beeler C Stanford
Both 7th round picks could be vital if there's a shortened offseason, the more people that know the offense the better transition there will be.
Originally posted by OtisDriftwood:

James Jones WR GB
Jared Gaither OT Bal
Champ Bailey S Den (hear he wants out and to transition to safety)
Ray McDonald DE
A. Franklin DT
Manny Lawson OLB
Troy Smith QB
Dennis Dixon QB

===
1. Prince Amukamara CB NEB 6'1" 205 big enough to take Nates spot and not be embarrassed by Vincent Jackson or a cast of many as Nate has this season.

2. Dontay Moch OLB Nevada 6-1 245 probably expected to be the fastest OLB in the draft he gets great pressure on QBs racking up 26 sacks in 3 seasons.

3. Ricky Stanzi QB Iowa 6'4" 230 Prototype size and good accuracy someone Coach Jim can mold into a WCO monster. Draft position for this guy is the question I've seen him as high as the 2nd round but as low as the 5th so I took him in the 3rd.

4. DeAndre Brown WR Southern Miss 6'5" 240 lbs Massive WCO style wr, he's had a broken leg that set him back but when healthy reminds me of a T.O. or Andre Johnson style WR. Low risk high reward pick in the 4th.

4. Austin Pettis WR Boise State 6'3" 201 lbs From what I have seen of Pettis is he's a clutch playmaker at wr. Alot of people may ask why draft 2 wr's in the 4th round but other then Crabtree, Morgan, and Ginn no ones else is safe on the roster and injured.

5. John Graves DE Virigina Tech 6'3" 278 lbs, this is a Ray McDonald style pick, Graves has been injured off and on but this guy is a beast when healthy.

6. Terrell McClain DT South Florida 6'2" 310 lbs Good depth and could probably play both end and NT.

6. Anthony Gaitor CB Florida International 5'10" 180lbs

Both 7th round picks could be vital if there's a shortened offseason, the more people that know the offense the better transition there will be.

I would take that any day of the week, just add in Marecic from Stanford the FB, he is awesome. Maybe over Pettis, I dont think we need to draft 2 WRs.
Do we really need Gaither?
Hes gonna cost some money, we can use that money else where I think.

But everything else looks great, I like almost every pick.

Except Troy Smith..
Originally posted by TheGoldenState:

Except Troy Smith..

i just dont know who else to sign other then troy.. FA's look rocky.. maybe bring in Matt Moore he's young and needs coached.
I LOVE IT!

James Jones WR GB no, thank you...imo, there are a lot of better FA-wrs out there.
Jared Gaither OT Bal injury-prone
Champ Bailey S Den (hear he wants out and to transition to safety) i thought he talked about transition to safety if denver wanna keep him?
Ray McDonald DE ok
A. Franklin DT depends on the price
Manny Lawson OLB ok
Troy Smith QB no
Dennis Dixon QB ok

===
if there really is no pass-rusher on the board who is worth that pick, i will be down with that

2. Dontay Moch OLB Nevada 6-1 245 probably expected to be the fastest OLB in the draft he gets great pressure on QBs racking up 26 sacks in 3 seasons. ok

3. Ricky Stanzi QB Iowa 6'4" 230 Prototype size and good accuracy someone Coach Jim can mold into a WCO monster. Draft position for this guy is the question I've seen him as high as the 2nd round but as low as the 5th so I took him in the 3rd. i think that the guy would be available in the 4th-round.

4. DeAndre Brown WR Southern Miss 6'5" 240 lbs Massive WCO style wr, he's had a broken leg that set him back but when healthy reminds me of a T.O. or Andre Johnson style WR. Low risk high reward pick in the 4th. love the guy but a too high pick due to his injuries.

4. Austin Pettis WR Boise State 6'3" 201 lbs From what I have seen of Pettis is he's a clutch playmaker at wr. Alot of people may ask why draft 2 wr's in the 4th round but other then Crabtree, Morgan, and Ginn no ones else is safe on the roster and injured. we need receivers but not that badly, i.e. i would not draft wrs with back-to-back picks

5. John Graves DE Virigina Tech 6'3" 278 lbs, this is a Ray McDonald style pick, Graves has been injured off and on but this guy is a beast when healthy. if he can pass-rush and run-defend, i'll take him.

6. Terrell McClain DT South Florida 6'2" 310 lbs Good depth and could probably play both end and NT. yeah, he seems to have some prototypical size for a NT.

6. Anthony Gaitor CB Florida International 5'10" 180lbs why not.

we dont have to draft o-liners from stanford...usually all o-liners have an above avg intelligence.
Originally posted by communist:

James Jones WR GB no, thank you...imo, there are a lot of better FA-wrs out there.
Jared Gaither OT Bal injury-prone
Champ Bailey S Den (hear he wants out and to transition to safety) i thought he talked about transition to safety if denver wanna keep him?
Ray McDonald DE ok
A. Franklin DT depends on the price
Manny Lawson OLB ok
Troy Smith QB no
Dennis Dixon QB ok

===
if there really is no pass-rusher on the board who is worth that pick, i will be down with that

2. Dontay Moch OLB Nevada 6-1 245 probably expected to be the fastest OLB in the draft he gets great pressure on QBs racking up 26 sacks in 3 seasons. ok

3. Ricky Stanzi QB Iowa 6'4" 230 Prototype size and good accuracy someone Coach Jim can mold into a WCO monster. Draft position for this guy is the question I've seen him as high as the 2nd round but as low as the 5th so I took him in the 3rd. i think that the guy would be available in the 4th-round.

4. DeAndre Brown WR Southern Miss 6'5" 240 lbs Massive WCO style wr, he's had a broken leg that set him back but when healthy reminds me of a T.O. or Andre Johnson style WR. Low risk high reward pick in the 4th. love the guy but a too high pick due to his injuries.

4. Austin Pettis WR Boise State 6'3" 201 lbs From what I have seen of Pettis is he's a clutch playmaker at wr. Alot of people may ask why draft 2 wr's in the 4th round but other then Crabtree, Morgan, and Ginn no ones else is safe on the roster and injured. we need receivers but not that badly, i.e. i would not draft wrs with back-to-back picks

5. John Graves DE Virigina Tech 6'3" 278 lbs, this is a Ray McDonald style pick, Graves has been injured off and on but this guy is a beast when healthy. if he can pass-rush and run-defend, i'll take him.

6. Terrell McClain DT South Florida 6'2" 310 lbs Good depth and could probably play both end and NT. yeah, he seems to have some prototypical size for a NT.

6. Anthony Gaitor CB Florida International 5'10" 180lbs why not.

we dont have to draft o-liners from stanford...usually all o-liners have an above avg intelligence.

yes we do.
Originally posted by TheGoldenState:

Except Troy Smith..

i just dont know who else to sign other then troy.. FA's look rocky.. maybe bring in Matt Moore he's young and needs coached.

Yeah I dont blame you our QB situation is tough, I would definitely take Moore over Troy Smith

yes we do.
are u really an o-liner?
Had to leave it. IMHO.

Don't think you did anything to solve the QB situation long term.

WR's need to get smaller and faster as a group not bigger and slower.

I like Dontay Moch though and Akamakura would be a great addition.

You got rid of Franklin and Lawson and didn't really replace them.
[ Edited by ChaunceyGardner on Jan 9, 2011 at 3:44 PM ]

Originally posted by communist:

yes we do.
are u really an o-liner?

Above average... for a football player. Considering all those single digit, Wonderlik All-Stars, it's not too much to be proud of.
Love it! Take out Gaither and put in a good safety and you've hit gold.
Guys I'm pretty high on...Just depends on where and if we can get 'em during draft. Also listed in order of TEAM NEED in my opinion. This does not factor in FA signings.

QB is obviously our biggest need. But with Luck staying put, I can't get excited about anyone in particular. However, I believe Harbaugh can make ANY of these guys Pro Bowlers. This is in no particular order and Im not a pro scout, but here's my opinion on a few guys.

1. Mallet-Pototypical NFL QB. HUGE arm. Looked rattled and indecisive against OSU.
2. Newton- He can do it all. I'm VERY intrigued with his upside.
3. Gabbert- I like his size and accuracy. But he's a "system" QB.
4. Dalton- Another "system"guy, but he is a baller.
5. Locker- ATHLETE. Big arm, mobile.

All of these guys bring their own unique package of skills and all are tempting with ANY pick. Again, I think Harbaugh can take any of them and turn him into the winner that us fans want. Here's my list, in order, of who I'd like to see under center next year, regardless of where they were drafted.

1. Locker-Harbaugh is plenty familiar with him. He's mature and very versatile.
2. Newton- Yes, he's got a LONG ways to go. But with Harbaugh, he could be a star.
3. Mallet- So hard for me to like him, but he's NFL ready.
4. Gabbert-" "
5. Dalton- Would take a while for him to develop. But he's a winner.

CB
1. Prince Amukamura, NEB. - LSU's Peterson will be gone. Absolute shut down corner.
2. Jimmy Smith, COL.- Big, physical corner can add depth. Possible nickel back and solid special teams contributor.
3. Ras-I-Dowling, VA- Always liked his ability. Same contributions as Jimmy Smith.
4. Janoris Jenkins, FLA.- Size is an issue but the guy can cover, and is FAST.

OLB/DE-PASS RUSH
1. Von Miller TXAM,- QB's nightmare. Our OLB-by-commitee is pretty good. Subtract Haralson, add Miller.
2. Robert Quinn, UNC- Guy is a monster. Consistanly disrupts the backfield. HUGE improvent over Sopoaga...who needs to go.
3. Cameron Heyward, OHST- Monster game against Arkansas.
4. Sam Acho. TX and Jeremy Beal, OU- Mid round guys who could be steals. Ask Big 12 coaches and QB's if these guys can pressure QB's. I'd take either.

DT- I don't see us taking a DT until the later rounds. With guys like Fairley and Dareus gone, I do like Corey Liuget-ILL and Drake Nevus-LSU.

WR- Again, the A.J. Green's and Justin Blackmon's will be gone. Plus Crab, Morgan and Ginn...Harbaugh will maximize their potential, he also like to utilize TE's. But if we go WR, some late round guys I like are...

1. Austin Pettis, BSU-possesion
2. Titus Young, BSU-speed
3. Terrance Toliver, LSU
4. D.J. Williams, Tight End, ARK-Would LOVE this pick. Reliable guy that would flourish alongside Vernon and Delanie.

Safety
It's a weak safety class highlighted by Rahim Moore from UCLA, Deandre McDaniel from Clemson and OU's Quinton Carter. Personally, I'd trade Goldson, draft AND START Quinton Carter.

Throw in some speed like the Rodgers brothers, sprinkle in some OL depth and let Harbaugh make history!!

Thoughts??
We're not getting Gathier and Bailey, prolly neither.
Originally posted by Sjceruti:
We're not getting Gathier and Bailey, prolly neither.

and you know this because your Trent Baalke?
Share 49ersWebzone