LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 228 users in the forums

86th Annual East-West Shrine Game -- 4 PM EST January 22 on NFL Network

Report from yesterday: http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/EastWest-Shrine-practice-review.html
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Report from yesterday: http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/EastWest-Shrine-practice-review.html

thanks OTC
Tomorrow at 4 EST this game will be on, book your DVR's if you have to.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Quote:
At the running back position, Hawaii's Alex Green has been impressive. He's quick with good size and catches the football really well. South Carolina fullback Patrick DiMarco shows good skills in the passing game catching the ball out of the backfield, but he's playing a dying position in today's NFL. By showing he can catch out of the backfield however, he'll prove valuable enough to potentially stick to a roster.

Nice!!!
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Quote:
At the running back position, Hawaii's Alex Green has been impressive. He's quick with good size and catches the football really well. South Carolina fullback Patrick DiMarco shows good skills in the passing game catching the ball out of the backfield, but he's playing a dying position in today's NFL. By showing he can catch out of the backfield however, he'll prove valuable enough to potentially stick to a roster.

Nice!!!

Although I still think we could use a speed threat at RB, I'm not opposed to us taking Green late and using him in the rotation with Gore and Dixon. It would be an especially good move if we can retain Westbrook.
Would really like to get RB Scott from Maryland & LSU's WR Tolliver in the later rounds!
awesome, cant wait for this, NFLN and I will autotune, and be all set for the game.

looking forward to seeing my boy Devlin, along with a few more, Tolliver and Austin.
I'm excited for the game, but not too worried about it, considering the practices tell more of the real story on the players.

By the way, why is this not "officialized" yet? And the Senior Bowl which isn't for another week, already has its thread "official"?
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
I'm excited for the game, but not too worried about it, considering the practices tell more of the real story on the players.

By the way, why is this not "officialized" yet? And the Senior Bowl which isn't for another week, already has its thread "official"?

dont know,
Probably the biggest story of this week may be Wisconsin QB Scott Tolzien. Considered an afterthought going into the East-West practices, it appears from multiple reports, that he was the best QB on either side, showing the best arm strength and accuracy. Meanwhile, a lot of mixed reviews for Pat Devlin, which is a nightmare for his draft prospects, since he was not invited to play in the Senior Bowl. Still a long way to go in the draft process, but if Tolzien is considered superior to Devlin this week, then Devlin is going to need to significantly improve at the combine, Pro-Day and private workouts to be anything more than a 4th-5th round prospect.

The game does not hold as much significance as the practices, so I wouldn't overanalyze what happens at 4PM EST today. However, it is still fun to actually see the guys on the field, rather than read a report.
[ Edited by MadDog49er on Jan 22, 2011 at 9:46 AM ]

Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Probably the biggest story of this week may be Wisconsin QB Scott Tolzien. Considered an afterthought going into the East-West practices, it appears from multiple reports, that he was the best QB on either side, showing the best arm strength and accuracy. Meanwhile, a lot of mixed reviews for Pat Devlin, which is a nightmare for his draft prospects, since he was not invited to play in the Senior Bowl. Still a long way to go in the draft process, but if Tolzien is considered superior to Devlin this week, then Devlin is going to need to significantly improve at the combine, Pro-Day and private workouts to be anything more than a 4th-5th round prospect.

The game does not hold as much significance as the practices, so I wouldn't overanalyze what happens at 4PM EST today. However, it is still fun to actually see the guys on the field, rather than read a report.

I think people get caught up in Devlin due to the Joe Flacco success story. Two completely different players. Devlin is nowhere near Flacco's level, and is rightly considered a 4th rounder for numerous reasons which I believe I covered either in this thread or another.
5 MINS YEAAH
I'll go with Tyrod Tayler as the offensive MVP and Greg Lloyd as defensive MVP.
Originally posted by tohara3:
Would really like to get RB Scott from Maryland & LSU's WR Tolliver in the later rounds!

agreed
  • Dapro
  • Veteran
Is there a stream to this game?
Share 49ersWebzone