There are 238 users in the forums

Which QBs will fit a Harbaugh team?

Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
Originally posted by LionHeartofGold:
If Harbaugh becomes HC and if it is at all possible to trade up to number one to draft LUCK, he must do it. There is no way I would take a chance on not drafting LUCK if I was Harbaugh especially when we are close to him (within 6 six spots). Harbaugh is about to embark on a journey to return this franchise back to glory. LUCK has the skills and caliber to make that happen. No other QB has that prospect, not even in free agency. Why would you not pull the trigger???

Because it's giving up a lot and we're not just a QB away from winning a superbowl.

Your right, but we are a QB away from winning the division.

Long term goals my friend, I'd rather trade back and take a QB not named Luck in the 1st and pick up a couple of picks and fill more needs so we're a more complete team.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Anyone have an opinion on T.J. Yates out of North Carolina?

6'4 220

I have seen a few games, including LSU and Tennessee. He isnt the most mobile qb out there, but has great pocket pressence, and is a leader.
Anybody who plays like this Indianapolis Colts QB:

If Harbaugh becomes HC and if it is at all possible to trade up to number one to draft LUCK, he must do it. There is no way I would take a chance on not drafting LUCK if I was Harbaugh especially when we are close to him (within 6 six spots). Harbaugh is about to embark on a journey to return this franchise back to glory. LUCK has the skills and caliber to make that happen. No other QB has that prospect, not even in free agency. Why would you not pull the trigger???

Because it's giving up a lot and we're not just a QB away from winning a superbowl.

Long term goals my friend, I'd rather trade back and take a QB not named Luck in the 1st and pick up a couple of picks and fill more needs so we're a more complete team.

I think if we load out on picks, there is some serious talent that we will let go that we have...beleive it or not, we have a very talented team, its just the vanilla strategies that we have shown on offense and defense that has pointed to the contrare.

no, we are only a legit HC away from winning this division

offtopic: what is an intermediate pass in terms of range?

1.) Josh Johnson
2.) Jon Kitna
3.) Billy Volek
4.) Matt Hasselbeck
5.) Donovan McNabb
6.) Dennis Dixon
just dont get why you consider JJ as a "real" veteran...Kitna is ok, Vollek is ok, Hasselbeck is still very ok despite his poor performances, McNabb would be a very good solution and DD is the same as JJ.

[ Edited by communist on Jan 5, 2011 at 16:56:07 ]

I like this idea too
Originally posted by communist:

anything between 10 and 20 yards
Originally posted by ninerlifer:
Originally posted by communist:

anything between 10 and 20 yards
thx

6'4 220

I have seen a few games, including LSU and Tennessee. He isnt the most mobile qb out there, but has great pocket pressence, and is a leader.

I like what I've seen out of him too, but I haven't seen enough to make a real informed decision. Hope he gets an invite to an all-star game; could be worth a look as a late round/UDFA type.

6'4 220

I like what I've seen out of him too, but I haven't seen enough to make a real informed decision. Hope he gets an invite to an all-star game; could be worth a look as a late round/UDFA type.

Yeah a late round look is what he can garner IMO.

What about Andy Dalton. good stats big and athletic, four year starter, seems to be a bright kid. Could pick him up in the third possibly?
  • Furlow
  • Veteran

I totally agree with this, IF we get Harbaugh. I think Luck's success is more Harbaugh then Luck (just my gut), and I would have faith in Harbaugh being able to duplicate this process with another QB. We could trade back to the late first round and pick up another 2nd round pick, or trade all the way out of the first round and get a 2nd round pick and a 1st next year. We could still get a good QB prospect in the 2nd/3rd round, and address CB/OLB.
  • Dapro
  • Veteran
Locker fits pretty well I think. He got the tools but not sure about the smarts...
Christian Ponder, QB Florida State. 6'3" 227lbs
reminds a lot of Andrew Luck

mobile
Good, not great arm strength
accurate -especially on short-mid length throws, slants, 60%+ passer last two years
super Intelligent -already working on masters degree, knows offense inside out
Pro style offense - multiple reads, pre/post snap reads, quick reads
Fundamentally sound - quick release, good feet, drop back
Tough competition - one of the toughest defensive schedules this year

probably one of the most pro-ready QB's in draft. big concern would be durability. Injury plagued senior season with recent elbow surgery. doctors review would be important.

What do you guys think? depending on health, 2-3 round pick, Senior bowl will be important
Originally posted by TeamCaptain49:
Christian Ponder, QB Florida State. 6'3" 227lbs
reminds a lot of Andrew Luck

mobile
Good, not great arm strength
accurate -especially on short-mid length throws, slants, 60%+ passer last two years
super Intelligent -already working on masters degree, knows offense inside out
Pro style offense - multiple reads, pre/post snap reads, quick reads
Fundamentally sound - quick release, good feet, drop back
Tough competition - one of the toughest defensive schedules this year

probably one of the most pro-ready QB's in draft. big concern would be durability. Injury plagued senior season with recent elbow surgery. doctors review would be important.

What do you guys think? depending on health, 2-3 round pick, Senior bowl will be important

No, he is destined to be a journeyman qb, plays scared too much, and makes a TON of boneheaded mistakes. Im a FSU man, so beleive me I have seen so much of him, that I dont get why people continue to over-rate him.
Share 49ersWebzone