LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 240 users in the forums

Bowl Games Prospect Watch #2 (Dec. 29-31)

Originally posted by SF69ers:
Lou Holtz said it best, "You can't give Locker a minus". Receivers have dropped two passes and can't play physical enough against the corners to get any sort of separation. Also, Sark doesn't seem to want Locker to try and win this with his arm. Nebraska has a top rated pass defense so it looks like Chris Polk will win the game for WA.

Lockexcuses
Lou Holtz said it best, "You can't give Locker a minus". Receivers have dropped two passes and can't play physical enough against the corners to get any sort of separation. Also, Sark doesn't seem to want Locker to try and win this with his arm. Nebraska has a top rated pass defense so it looks like Chris Polk will win the game for WA.

What you just said makes me want Prince even more

[ Edited by 49ers18 on Dec 30, 2010 at 21:01:44 ]
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Locker hasn't looked Smithesque. He's looked worse. I'm very disappointed. This is a boring game. I can't wait to watch Mallet, Newton, Pryor, and other possible draft entries that will actually have a chance to THROW in the frickin' game.

Seven attempts? Seven? Wow. The only legitimate passes were thrown by the backup. Overall, it's rather sad.

Cam Newton is looking better and better imo.
you wanna be banned, wont you?
my new Safety Board after Williams injury

Moore, McDaniel, Barron, Carter and then a toss up between 3 guys. WVU Robert Sands, and Florida's pair Will Hill and Ahmad Black.
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Just not the game-breaking QB he was hyped up to be. Much rather take my chances with Stanzi.

It really is a shame and maybe his stock takes a fall to the 2nd, but I still think he can be a very good QB.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

Basically, Sark knows if he passes more than running, they'll likely lose. I expected them to only pass if they were behind. They're not behind so they're going to run all day until they have to do something else because their defense is holding and despite their passing game doing nothing, they're hanging in there.

As I said previously, VERY boring game. I hate this kind of game. But it is what it is, I suppose...

I'm disappointed in the game because we're not getting an opportunity to really grade Locker off this game. However, I do like seeing Washington's defense step up.
Originally posted by communist:
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
Originally posted by TheGoldenState:
I kinda feel bad for locker, yeah hes not accurate but his receivers cant get open for s**t. Whats he supposed to do, throw it to himself?

His receivers are pretty slow but he's not even close on most of these throws so it wouldn't have even mattered that much.
perhaps he even isnt close b/c they can be there in time?

I don't really know what to say at this point. What an ugly game. Washington needs to give Locker some short check down throws to try to get him going.
Originally posted by 49ers18:

What you just said makes me want Prince even more

Prince has barely been talked about only cus they're staying away from his side, but damn is he physical against these receivers.
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:

Lockexcuses

I've been critical of Locker all season, but when Lou and Mark May mention the same thing about his receivers not getting open or dropping passes, you can't really fault Locker.

Originally posted by Kolohe:

Just not the game-breaking QB he was hyped up to be. Much rather take my chances with Stanzi.

LOL You wanted Brennan too. Same guy only Brennan has more accuracy.

Lockexcuses

I've been critical of Locker all season, but when Lou and Mark May mention the same thing about his receivers not getting open or dropping passes, you can't really fault Locker.

only one pass was dropped though.
The Senior Bowl is going to be HUGE for Locker. A good showing and he could start to move back up draft boards.
Originally posted by ninerlifer:

Lockexcuses

only one pass was dropped though.

3 so far but only 1 good pass and drop. Locker isnt a top 10 pick at all. Hes not looking like one so far.
stop the presses!!! locker completes a pass
Share 49ersWebzone