LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 341 users in the forums

How many Draft picks do Niners have....

and rounds they are in???

Thanks
10 picks + any compensatory picks

1 pick in each round +
4th Round from San Diego (2010 Draft Day Trade)
6th Round from Seattle (DL-Balmer)
7th Round from Detroit (QB-Hill)
That many picks allows us to trade up to get Luck or Mallet or Locker and still draft players to help our team. I hope this happens. We need a QB.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
We wouldn't trade more then 1 pick from this year to get Luck....It would be our first round slot, maybe a 5th round pick, a player, and a high pick from next year i.e. first or second round and that sounds like a bit to much for luck when we could land Newton, or Mallett 4 picks later.
Luck might not even come out this year, a diploma is a huge priority for him and if Bill Walsh was as great an influence on him as people say I bet Walsh told him to stay for all 4 years because the nfl will be there anyway(unless the CBA doesn't get signed....). In all seriousness we want Luck to come out and go to Carolina, a team we almost never play, and only put 3-4 other teams in front of us to pick from all their needs. Imagine if Luck doesn't come out and we lose out an Mallett and have to take Newton or another late round QB. It all depends on the direction the new staff will want to go in but I am okay not having Luck even though it would be awesome to get Harbaugh and have him go all out to get Luck and build a TE set offense around him.
Originally posted by sfout:
We wouldn't trade more then 1 pick from this year to get Luck....It would be our first round slot, maybe a 5th round pick, a player, and a high pick from next year i.e. first or second round and that sounds like a bit to much for luck when we could land Newton, or Mallett 4 picks later.
Luck might not even come out this year, a diploma is a huge priority for him and if Bill Walsh was as great an influence on him as people say I bet Walsh told him to stay for all 4 years because the nfl will be there anyway(unless the CBA doesn't get signed....). In all seriousness we want Luck to come out and go to Carolina, a team we almost never play, and only put 3-4 other teams in front of us to pick from all their needs. Imagine if Luck doesn't come out and we lose out an Mallett and have to take Newton or another late round QB. It all depends on the direction the new staff will want to go in but I am okay not having Luck even though it would be awesome to get Harbaugh and have him go all out to get Luck and build a TE set offense around him.

I doubt that will be his decision because in all fact it would be the dumbest in his life. Why would he risk a Jake Locker move which an injury can plummet ur draft status. He can always go back and graduate, the kid has to go while he is hot! If Harbaugh goes he will follow just watch.
  • fan49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ArmchairQB:
That many picks allows us to trade up to get Luck or Mallet or Locker and still draft players to help our team. I hope this happens. We need a QB.

luck or newton imo... newton might be best athlete in draft.
Detroit really got over on the Niners in that Shaun Hill trade. Hill was worth a 4th
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by lamontb:
Detroit really got over on the Niners in that Shaun Hill trade. Hill was worth a 4th

Yup. And Cleveland got a 5th round pick for a unproven QB, Shaun Hill 10-6 as a starter in SF.
opps

[ Edited by KezarLivin on Dec 27, 2010 at 10:24:12 ]
i thought we traded hill for next year's 7th rounder?

Originally posted by YungAce:
i thought we traded hill for next year's 7th rounder?

We did trade him for next years 7th rounder............last year. "49ers trade Shaun Hill for a 7th round draft pick in 2011"

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/362667-san-francisco-49ers-trade-shaun-hill-to-detroit-lions
  • Blitz
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:

I doubt that will be his decision because in all fact it would be the dumbest in his life. Why would he risk a Jake Locker move which an injury can plummet ur draft status. He can always go back and graduate, the kid has to go while he is hot! If Harbaugh goes he will follow just watch.

Sam Bradford, along with his injured shoulder, doesn't agree with you.
Originally posted by Blitz:
Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:

Sam Bradford, along with his injured shoulder, doesn't agree with you.

Jake Locker, Matt Lienart and Taylor Mays do agree with him If you have a shot at going 1st overall (which Locker could have and Lienart would have) or just going in the 1st round (Taylor Mays for instance), you should do it because you NEVER KNOW what could happen
Share 49ersWebzone