LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 242 users in the forums

Great Blue North 2 round mock draft

Originally posted by communist:
i thought that we want winners:
"Jake Locker got his signature moment and Washington back to a bowl game for the first time in eight years.

Locker made up for two critical turnovers early by throwing a 27-yard touchdown pass to Jermaine Kearse with 44 seconds left, and Washington became bowl eligible with a stirring 35-28 win over rival Washington State in the 103rd Apple Cup on Saturday night."
source: http://espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=303380265

We do want winners, I want winners. But if we want to win next year, I don't think selecting Locker is going to produce winning results right away, he is a few years a some good coaching away from being a NFL QB. He is not going to step in and have the same success that Sam Bradford has had.. Expect serious growing pains.
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
NE gets Von Miller, Carimi, Baldwin and LaMichael James in first 2 rounds?

Dontay Moch as a rush linebacker in San Diego's defense? Scary.

The top 10 and QB's in particular look right to me but there seems to be too many WR's in the first.

isnt James in his 2nd year?!?!?!
Originally posted by ninertico:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:
Jake Locker......Super Bowl!

Jeff Tuel (WSU) is better than Locker.

Oh no you didn't!!!

He can't even hold Lockers jock strap.

What do you care? Jed and the "Yorkies" are still here.

Originally posted by DaveWilcox:
Originally posted by communist:
i thought that we want winners:
"Jake Locker got his signature moment and Washington back to a bowl game for the first time in eight years.

Locker made up for two critical turnovers early by throwing a 27-yard touchdown pass to Jermaine Kearse with 44 seconds left, and Washington became bowl eligible with a stirring 35-28 win over rival Washington State in the 103rd Apple Cup on Saturday night."
source: http://espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=303380265

We do want winners, I want winners. But if we want to win next year, I don't think selecting Locker is going to produce winning results right away, he is a few years a some good coaching away from being a NFL QB. He is not going to step in and have the same success that Sam Bradford has had.. Expect serious growing pains.
no one will us help from the start unless his name is andrew luck
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by dj43:
This is where trading down into the middle or late in the 1st round would be the best bet IMO. For one, no way is Jake Locker worth a Top 10 pick, and what's with Nick Foles in the 1st round again??

That's if you feel that you MUST draft a QB in the first round. I agree a QB is a must area but so is CB and DE/pass rusher.

There are only so many impact players in any draft, usually that number is between 8 and 12. Therefore, it would make little sense for a team with three high need areas to trade out of a chance to fill one of the other two high need areas to get a QB later in the round who is not as likely to be an impact player as a CB or DE.

OK after looking at the Mock Draft again, I changed my mind, I'd stay where we are and take either J. Blackmon or AJ Green. I'm just not that high on Amukamara as some are on here, or CB for that matter unless his name is Patrick Peterson.

And no, Locker is not worth a top 10 pick.

[ Edited by Kolohe on Dec 10, 2010 at 8:27 PM ]
This is where trading down into the middle or late in the 1st round would be the best bet IMO. For one, no way is Jake Locker worth a Top 10 pick, and what's with Nick Foles in the 1st round again??

That's if you feel that you MUST draft a QB in the first round. I agree a QB is a must area but so is CB and DE/pass rusher.

There are only so many impact players in any draft, usually that number is between 8 and 12. Therefore, it would make little sense for a team with three high need areas to trade out of a chance to fill one of the other two high need areas to get a QB later in the round who is not as likely to be an impact player as a CB or DE.

OK after looking at the Mock Draft again, I changed my mind, I'd stay where we are and take either J. Blackmon or AJ Green. I'm just not that high on Amukamara as some are on here, or CB for that matter unless his name is Patrick Peterson.

He's worth whatever it takes...

Jake the Snake would be a wasted pick as a Nr. 1 for the 9ers.

As much as we need a QB , Jake does not warrant a selection at that slot.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by RogerCraig:

Exactly, we need more of a passer at QB than a Mr. Olympian. Now ask me if I would be mad if we took Jake Locker in the 2nd or 3rd??

Exactly, we need more of a passer at QB than a Mr. Olympian. Now ask me if I would be mad if we took Jake Locker in the 2nd or 3rd??

Would you be mad later?...
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Would you be mad later?...

In the 2nd or 3rd round....no I wouldn't be. Expectations would be lower IMO, and I wouldn't count on him to start right away. Alex Smith would've made a solid 2nd or 3rd round pick.

• dj43

I agree the 49ers need a true #1 wideout but why would you take a WR instead of a pass rusher at #7?

There are only so many stud pass rushers and they have a greater overall influence on the game, IMO.

I agree, for the most part. AJ Green is a complete stud. I really like Blackmon as well.

Prince is really overrated. He's a solid corner and should make a pretty good pro, but he's far from "elite". He has nothing on Peterson. I'm not saying I'd be upset if we drafted him, just as long as it wasn't early in the 1st. He doesn't like a top 15 pick to me.

As for Locker, that would just be another wasted pick, IMO. I don't know why people are so high on him. At QB, I'd rather someone like Ryan Mallett or Kellen Moore. I wouldn't touch Cam Newton early either.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by strickac:

I agree, for the most part. AJ Green is a complete stud. I really like Blackmon as well.

Prince is really overrated. He's a solid corner and should make a pretty good pro, but he's far from "elite". He has nothing on Peterson. I'm not saying I'd be upset if we drafted him, just as long as it wasn't early in the 1st. He doesn't like a top 15 pick to me.

As for Locker, that would just be another wasted pick, IMO. I don't know why people are so high on him. At QB, I'd rather someone like Ryan Mallett or Kellen Moore. I wouldn't touch Cam Newton early either.

He is a late round aka practice squad QB.
Originally posted by Jcool:

He is a late round aka practice squad QB.

He'll make a team's roster. He doesn't have the measurables to get drafted that early, but I think he could be a steal for someone. I'll go out on a limb and say he'll have a longer career than Locker as well.

1.if we dont draft peterson or a DB, we will HAVE to look at a d-liner...WR is way too much luxury. i'm sorry but i dont get how some of guys could seriously think about going us for a WR with our 1st-rounder.
2.i dont trust prince that much either.
3.no, locker isnt worth a top10-pick right now...i hope that he will crash against nebraska again and fall to the 2nd.
[ Edited by communist on Dec 11, 2010 at 1:23 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone