LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 322 users in the forums

doesnt that impact that brdford had on the rams tell niners 1 thing

it should be telling them, get luck at all costs
People need to stop thinking about Luck being a 49ers next year. Sorry to break it to you guys, but we aren't going to have a shot at him. Our first round QB options at this point are either Mallett or Newton.
Originally posted by hofer36:

What's your plan for that? We won 4 games. Too many for Luck. The team that picks him will have less wins than that. We love winning meaningless games at the end of the year. We have done it several years in a row. We are masters at throwing away the season and then winning meaningless games for new found hope. Who knows we may even keep Dingleberry. This end of year winning is going so well...
[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Dec 6, 2010 at 1:10 AM ]
Your title is confusing, but I think I understand what you're trying to say.

What Bradford's success tells us is that this is truly a quarterback-driven league...with the recent rule changes. Now, QBs can hit WRs over the middle without fear of the WR getting blown up by a defender.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
People need to stop thinking about Luck being a 49ers next year. Sorry to break it to you guys, but we aren't going to have a shot at him. Our first round QB options at this point are either Mallett or Newton.

Call me a fake fan but i'd rather have gone 1-15 this year and get Luck than go 5-11 or 6-10 or whatever we will go and get Mallett/Newton and even they may be gone too
  • dmax
  • Veteran
STOP WITH ALL THIS "LUCK" TALK...WE WON TO MANY GAMES TO GET HIM. Ryan mallet or jake locker
[ Edited by dmax on Dec 6, 2010 at 8:12 AM ]
  • evil
  • Veteran

No it shouldn't and likely isn't telling them that. Anything can happen, and nothing is guaranteed. Not every QB that is the consensus #1 pick has success right off the bat.
Originally posted by KRS-1:

No it shouldn't and likely isn't telling them that. Anything can happen, and nothing is guaranteed. Not every QB that is the consensus #1 pick has success right off the bat.

What I think he was trying to say was that today's league is QB-driven, and you need a quarterback to win.

It hasn't always been as quarterback-driven as it is today, and you've had more hits than you usually get in the 1st round at QB in the last 5 or 6 years.

Its due to rule changes: WRs can go over the middle without fear now, CBs cannot be as physical, must be gentle with QBs, etc.

The league is turning into a video game, and you need a quality QB to run it.
Originally posted by dmax:
STOP WITH ALL THIS "LUCK" TALK...WE WON TO MANY GAMES TO GET HIM. Ryan mallet or jake locker

WE CAN ALSO TRADE UP FOR HIM OR HAVE YOU FORGOTTEN WHILE YOU WERE TYPING IN ALL CAPSSSSSSS
Originally posted by nickbradley:

??? i dont play video games...explain it for me plz :)

• Otter
  • Veteran
Originally posted by nickbradley:
Originally posted by KRS-1:

What I think he was trying to say was that today's league is QB-driven, and you need a quarterback to win.

It hasn't always been as quarterback-driven as it is today, and you've had more hits than you usually get in the 1st round at QB in the last 5 or 6 years.

Its due to rule changes: WRs can go over the middle without fear now, CBs cannot be as physical, must be gentle with QBs, etc.

Bradford was succeeding before the in season rule change this year about leading with the helmet. Bradford had a reputation for accuracy coming out of college, the concerns were about playing in a gimmick offense, but you couldn't question his accuracy.

In today's NFL, you need an accurate QB, which would seem to point to a kid like Luck succeeding and Locker having trouble.

Luck or Mallet. Stanzi has a nice completion percentage this year, around 65%, but before that it was mid 50's. Question mark in my mind.

As high as his stock is I think Luck stays at Stanford with Harbaugh for another year to go for the national championship. Harbaugh is reportedly getting a new deal and I think Luck will stay for one more season.
Originally posted by blacksailsmd:

WE CAN ALSO TRADE UP FOR HIM OR HAVE YOU FORGOTTEN WHILE YOU WERE TYPING IN ALL CAPSSSSSSS

i know that here is already a thread on this, but IF we trade up, what would you be willing to trade? the farm? players/picks and maybe future picks?

just curious.

me, i would give up a s**tload to get him.
Originally posted by 76Razor:

we cant afford to give up high picks b/c we have too many holes to fill...yeah, we need a franchise qb but we have to replace about a half of our defensive starters in the next 1-2 years.
NT, DE, both OLBs, spikes, clements, gholdson...RG and another outstanding WR would be good either.
[ Edited by communist on Dec 6, 2010 at 4:33 PM ]
Originally posted by communist:
Originally posted by 76Razor:

we cant afford to give up high picks b/c we have too many holes to fill...yeah, we need a franchise qb but we have to replace about a half of our defensive starters in the next 1-2 years.
NT, DE, both OLBs, spikes, clements, gholdson...RG and another outstanding WR would be good either.

FA and 2012 draft could get a lot of that filled. maybe i am just desperate for a franchise QB. maybe i see a lot of good in st louis, that it clouds my judgement. maybe i just don't know if there will be another luck in the 2012 draft. but i am willing to roll the dice, trade a player or players and some draft picks to get that number one spot (if luck comes out). now, i am not saying we go ape s**t and give away the whole 2011 draft, but i would be willing to part our 1st and maybe a 2nd OR a 3rd and some other bulls**t picks (lower rounds).
[ Edited by 76Razor on Dec 6, 2010 at 4:49 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone