There are 233 users in the forums

Buffalo Bills Signaling that Fitzpatrick is their QB of the Future

Looks like Buffalo is VERY happy with Fitzpatrick. They either go CB or trade down and take a Left Tackle, their biggest need.

Good news for us - another team (probably) crossed off the Luck List.

'Chan Gailey was asked whether there was a chance Fitzpatrick would not be the starter next year, assuming the Bills do indeed heed the owners’ wishes and draft a quarterback near the top of the first round where they likely will be picking.

“Today, there’s no way I can envision that,” Gailey said matter-of-factly. “To be honest with you, that would be kind of dumb not to think that the way the guy has played.”'

http://rocnow.com/article/bills/201011250317
interesting news Nick, thanks for the link buddy.

I really can see them passing on Luck, same with Carolina.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:

They may not draft Luck ( although I still think Carolina would) but there is no chance they would just pass over him. It is a one time opportunity to either get a franchise QB or trade him for multiple picks. You can bet your house on the fact that Andrew Luck is not going to simply fall to the 49ers.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

They may not draft Luck ( although I still think Carolina would) but there is no chance they would just pass over him. It is a one time opportunity to either get a franchise QB or trade him for multiple picks. You can bet your house on the fact that Andrew Luck is not going to simply fall to the 49ers.

Agree - someone is trying to try and trade up for him.
we trade up!!!!!!!
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
we trade up!!!!!!!

Yes! This is great news because if a team is set on taking a quarterback, no trade deal will get them to give up the pick.
There you go. No surprise here.
Even if that does hold to be true, they'd still be candidates for Luck. Don't kid yourself.
  • dj43
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

Except that the way Fitz and the Bills have been playing the past four games, it is highly likely they finish with a better record than the 49ers. They play Detroit, Cincy, Pittsburgh, Minne, Cleveland and Miami. Right now I could easily see them winning at least four of those games.

Detroit = W
Cincy = W
Pittsburgh = L
Minne = depends on Peterson's health but could be a W even if Peterson is available.
Cleveland= toss up
Miami= W

Even if they only win 3, it is hard to see the 49ers winning more than 2 which would tie, therefore via strength of schedule the 49ers would have the earlier pick.

Of course he's gonna say that. It's just coach talk.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by nickbradley:
Looks like Buffalo is VERY happy with Fitzpatrick. They either go CB or trade down and take a Left Tackle, their biggest need.

Good news for us - another team (probably) crossed off the Luck List.

'Chan Gailey was asked whether there was a chance Fitzpatrick would not be the starter next year, assuming the Bills do indeed heed the owners’ wishes and draft a quarterback near the top of the first round where they likely will be picking.

“Today, there’s no way I can envision that,” Gailey said matter-of-factly. “To be honest with you, that would be kind of dumb not to think that the way the guy has played.”'

http://rocnow.com/article/bills/201011250317

Wow the bolded clearly states who they envision as the starting QB will be on opening day but in no way does that rule out Luck.

What do you want them to say...we are drafting a QB in round 1 hopefully and plan to start him day 1 ?

Buddy Nix flew to Stanford to personally scout Luck in person last week.

Schefter said it best :

Quote:
The fact that Nix already is spending his time scouting quarterbacks up close and personal is an indication that, as good as Ryan Fitzpatrick has been this season, Buffalo knows it must upgrade at the most important position in sports.

They plan on Fitzpatrick being the starter next year but that does not mean they won't take the BPA on their draft board with their 1st pick and also look to upgrade the QB position for the long term. Your fooling yourself.

[ Edited by KRS-1 on Nov 29, 2010 at 17:23:11 ]
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by lamontb:
Of course he's gonna say that. It's just coach talk.

Beyond that L, do you really think Buffalo has said (in November mind you), cross the 1st round QB's off our list Ryan Fitzpatrick is this franchises next Jim Kelly! My first post in this thread stands true, Fitz is the guy they envision today as the opening day starter next year. Next year however is a long ways off and a lot can change, from the draft to free agency to the trade market.

Anyone who thinks Buffalo is out of the Andrew Luck race is kidding themselves or filling themselves up on false hope.
a ton of those yards Fitz has been accumulating have been in garbage time or after Buffalo is already down big in games and theyre forced to throw.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
we trade up!!!!!!!

i pray this happens
Share 49ersWebzone