There are 362 users in the forums

The Ryan Mallett Bandwagon

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by communist:

AAaaaaand are you saying Locker doesn't make any???? Cause just about EVERY QB in the world makes stupid decisions at times. But does 1,2 or even 3 bad drives make up a QB's career???
yes, it does. add his non-athleticism and you know why i'm not as high on him as on locker

Wow in that case Peyton Manning, John Elway, Steve Young, Terry Bradshaw, Ben Roethelisberger and so on shouldn't even have been successful in the next level.......BRILLIANT!!!

And athleticism is VERY OVERRATED for a QB. You can have all the athletic QB's in the NFL right now, I'll take the non-athletic QB's in Peyton Manning and Tom Brady.

And if Mallet is so nonathletic, tell me why does he have 6 rushing TD's???

Steve Young and John Elway were not athletic? Wow you learn something new every day on the WZ...

Dude you need to re-read the entire argument, before posting.
  • titan
  • Veteran
^Some people need to read and watch some games before making comments and posting. I don't even respond to some posters anymore. A lot of us normally have a pretty good debate regardless off disagreement, but for some it's not even good to comment cause they just don't know what they are talking about. They just don't like a player and make ridiculous facts that doesn't even support their argument. In fact they haven't even seen the kid play. I will tell you I didn't know anything about Stanzi until you blew him up. Then I started watching him and he is a good player and he should give you a cut if we draft him.
Originally posted by titan:
^Some people need to read and watch some games before making comments and posting. I don't even respond to some posters anymore. A lot of us normally have a pretty good debate regardless off disagreement, but for some it's not even good to comment cause they just don't know what they are talking about. They just don't like a player and make ridiculous facts that doesn't even support their argument. In fact they haven't even seen the kid play. I will tell you I didn't know anything about Stanzi until you blew him up. Then I started watching him and he is a good player and he should give you a cut if we draft him.

Ryan Mallet is not goods becuz he is goofy looking, my proof is ins the photo, he looks like the blue guy....he suxors

Seriously he is going to Dallas my crystal ball told me so!

I agree. Some people say they watched enough games to justify their opinions, but you know there's something wrong when all of us, along with scouts/coaches/analysts, agree on one point, and this poster says this player sucks.

Absolutely ridiculous.
  • DVDA
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

AAaaaaand are you saying Locker doesn't make any???? Cause just about EVERY QB in the world makes stupid decisions at times. But does 1,2 or even 3 bad drives make up a QB's career???
yes, it does. add his non-athleticism and you know why i'm not as high on him as on locker

Wow in that case Peyton Manning, John Elway, Steve Young, Terry Bradshaw, Ben Roethelisberger and so on shouldn't even have been successful in the next level.......BRILLIANT!!!

And athleticism is VERY OVERRATED for a QB. You can have all the athletic QB's in the NFL right now, I'll take the non-athletic QB's in Peyton Manning and Tom Brady.

And if Mallet is so nonathletic, tell me why does he have 6 rushing TD's???

Steve Young and John Elway were not athletic? Wow you learn something new every day on the WZ...

Dude you need to re-read the entire argument, before posting.

Damn republicans.
[ Edited by communist on Nov 11, 2010 at 3:53 PM ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Thank you sir, just trying to provide actual logic and facts.
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Luck, Stanzi, Locker, whatever gimme one of these guys.
f**k malletT

Wow F''''' Mallet huh, tell me what did that guy do to you???

As of right now, I'd take him over Locker. I feel he'd adjust quicker to the Pro's faster than Locker would. Luck and Mallet are the only ones I'd take in the 1st.
mallett hasn't adjusted his brain to college football yet...show me some stable games and we can discuss once more.

Mallett's a f**kin beast dude. You see him own South Carolina minus his top 2 WRs. The guy is legit, he's what the Arkansas team is pretty much built around. He can play for us anyday.

Unreal, Mallet throws for multiple 300 yard games, multiple 3 passing TD games and people say hes hasn't adjusted yet??

I'd take Mallet any day, and I hope he does somehow fall to us, I'd love to see the decision our staff would make if he did.

against good teams he doesnt do to good example alabama he had 1td 3 int
against auburn 96 yds 1 TD

Did you watch those games? Against Bama, his receivers got jammed so bad, the timing was very off on 2 of those INTs.

And you say he only had 96 yards and a TD against AU? Dude, if you had watched the game, you would have known he had legt early in the 2nd quarter due to a concussion and did not return. So you are gonna bash him off of these?

I became a beleiver when he led his team to a last secondf TD against UGA at the beginning of the year, 80 yards, in 45 seconds.
  • titan
  • Veteran
No one knows if Mallet,Luck,Stanzi,Newton,Pryor are going to be successful in the Pros. But for some people to say the kid suck's cause he is tall and is a statue when clearly his stats and play prove other wise is just ridiculous remark.
If we can't get Lucky (did I seriously just make that joke ughhh) Ryan Mallett is not a bad second option. Luck and Mallett are 1 and 1a in my book. After that things get really messy. I definitely wouldn't draft any other QB in the top 20 besides these two

• titan
  • Veteran
Definitely still on the wagon. 6 TD and sat down the entire 4th qtr. Showed good movement and escape ability and of course the arm strength.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Definitely still on the wagon. 6 TD and sat down the entire 4th qtr. Showed good movement and escape ability and of course the arm strength.

Yup. Although I didn't watch the second half, he did look like a franchise QB out there.

And check Mallet out with his 14 yard TD run.

Like I said, people talk like hes got two feet stuck in the ground, but the boy can move.
  • DVDA
  • Veteran

Yup. Although I didn't watch the second half, he did look like a franchise QB out there.

Like I said, people talk like hes got two feet stuck in the ground, but the boy can move.

Wasn't that against UTEP?
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 23zack80:

Wasn't that against UTEP?

Yes it was, but moving in and out of the pocket and showing elusiveness is still QB play in its own. All in all its still defenders trying to take your head off and shouldn't matter how weak or strong your opponent is.
Mallett is garbage. He's like a bigger, goofier version of Druckenmiller. Bad accuracy, horrible footwork, and could you imagine this guy trying to survive in the pocket, playing for the 49ers, with Anthony Davis and Chilo Rachal blocking for him? Nowadays, mobility is an absolute must for a QB, look at the difference that Troy Smith has made in the lineup compared to Carr or even Alex Smith. With the mobility of guys like Luck, Locker and a few others, not sure why Mallett would be considered.

The only way this guy is succeeding is if the team has a top-notch, top of the league OL in place and the long distance weapons to allow him to maximize the use of his arm. It seems that every year there is "one guy" that everyone falls in love with due to his cannon arm and more often than not, that "one guy" turns out to be a huge bust.

I'd rather go with Foles of Arizona who is a similar sized player but with far better accuracy overall.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Nov 15, 2010 at 10:04 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone