There are 128 users in the forums

The Ryan Mallett Bandwagon

its ok everyone according to his agent he was ill
I wouldn't go to the panthers work out either....they are the worst team.
Originally posted by CRABTREE:
I wouldn't go to the panthers work out either....they are the worst team.

lol shows his attitude
Is anybody on this guys Bandwagon?
Originally posted by jta854:

if yuou see a guy without a red line below his name (less than 200 posts)hes on the bandwagon
After reading Baalke's last interview, I'm thinking this guy is ours. The only clues he gave to his draft strategy are that he wants size. Mallett is the biggest qb in the draft. Qb is our biggest need. Not sure if we take him at #7, but it will be interesting to see what happens.
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by jta854:

if yuou see a guy without a red line below his name (less than 200 posts)hes on the bandwagon

Dude is it possible for you to talk football without pulling the douche card?
Originally posted by gunslinger8:
After reading Baalke's last interview, I'm thinking this guy is ours. The only clues he gave to his draft strategy are that he wants size. Mallett is the biggest qb in the draft. Qb is our biggest need. Not sure if we take him at #7, but it will be interesting to see what happens.

I think so as well. There is no player that can instantly make this team dangerous on offense in this draft like Mallett. Yea sure he may turn out to be a bust, but does anyone honestly think this team is going to be a whole lot different if we take, say someone like Amukamara instead?
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Originally posted by valrod33:
JoeFortenbaugh

BREAKING: Mallett skips meeting with Panthers after late night on the town. @bradbiggs has the scoop http://t.co/lnoAiFy

lol. welcome to the 3rd or 4th rnd mr. mallett

This seems like a smoke screen, would he really gamble away potentially millions of dollars for a night on the town?!? I mean he doens't strike me as the sharpest tool in the shed, but DAMN!

That's the problem with people with problems. They can't see past the moment at hand.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
JoeFortenbaugh

BREAKING: Mallett skips meeting with Panthers after late night on the town. @bradbiggs has the scoop http://t.co/lnoAiFy

This seems like a smoke screen, would he really gamble away potentially millions of dollars for a night on the town?!? I mean he doens't strike me as the sharpest tool in the shed, but DAMN!

That's the problem with people with problems. They can't see past the moment at hand.

And that's the problem with people who are prejudiced....they'll assume something that makes no effing sense just because they can"t see past their prejudice at hand.

Originally posted by chinawildman:

I think so as well. There is no player that can instantly make this team dangerous on offense in this draft like Mallett. Yea sure he may turn out to be a bust, but does anyone honestly think this team is going to be a whole lot different if we take, say someone like Amukamara instead?

You're both wrong. Harbaugh wants a QB with good mobilty, and that isn't Ryan Mallett!
Originally posted by Baugh_Area:
JoeFortenbaugh

And that's the problem with people who are prejudiced....they'll assume something that makes no effing sense just because they can"t see past their prejudice at hand.

No need to get offended. I wasn't trying to insult you and your AA buddies.
Originally posted by Baugh_Area:
JoeFortenbaugh

No need to get offended. I wasn't trying to insult you and your AA buddies.

I'm just saying the media has thrown Mallett under the bus this offseason, slanting every story reported on him to make him look as bad as possible. They manufacture bogus headlines: "Ryan Mallett flips off a reporter and takes a dump on Suzy Kolber's face!" People read these extremely biased accounts of Mallett and they pass this bulls**t to their friends, "Hey man, did you hear Ryan Mallett took a dump on Suzy Kolber's face? He's a serious character concern!" Then everyone hears him talk and they're like, "OMG, he's white, but he is trying to talk like a negro...he really DOES have character concerns!! Drop him to the 3rd!"
Originally posted by chinawildman:

Again . . . I agree with you.

Plainly, he's the ONLY QB in this draft that has the complete QB skill set. I understand that some people criticize his straight line speed. But thats a little different from saying he lacks mobility. If you actually watch him, his dropback is very good and he gets the ball out much faster than the other guys, because of his good footwork. As Gruden was pointing out, is Brady fast? Is Peyton fast? No. Are they mobile? You bet.

As you say, I'm not denying that he could bust. But the possible rewards are very high with this guy. I seriously think the Patriots, with an astute talent evaluator like Belicheck, would be very interested in him. They wouldn't have to change up their offense at all. Although I doubt that he falls to them.

Will the Niners swallow hard and take him. I honestly sense that it's a long shot, but I sure hope so.
I know I've been very critical of Ryan Mallett, but after finally watching his episode of QB Camp with Gruden, I came away very impressed. I can care less about the fact that he tries to sound like Eminem. His arm is golden and he's played in a pro style system. He also seemed pretty smart on the board. The only thing I'm really worried about is his maturity level.

Is he my first choice for a QB? No. But I won't be screaming at the television if we somehow get him with our second pick.
Share 49ersWebzone