LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 291 users in the forums

The Ryan Mallett Bandwagon

I've been very critical of Ryan Mallett, but I'm starting to come around. I would still feel more comfortable with Luck, Locker, and Stanzi, but I won't be terribly disappointed with Mallett.

If we miss out on Luck, Locker, and Peterson in the first, I wouldn't mind Mallett. But if Stanzi continues to play the way he's playing, then we go Stanzi in the 2nd.
Originally posted by Kolohe:

AAaaaaand are you saying Locker doesn't make any???? Cause just about EVERY QB in the world makes stupid decisions at times. But does 1,2 or even 3 bad drives make up a QB's career???
yes, it does. add his non-athleticism and you know why i'm not as high on him as you.
[ Edited by communist on Nov 10, 2010 at 9:47 AM ]
Originally posted by communist:

AAaaaaand are you saying Locker doesn't make any???? Cause just about EVERY QB in the world makes stupid decisions at times. But does 1,2 or even 3 bad drives make up a QB's career???
yes, it does. add his non-athleticism and you know why i'm not as high on him as on locker

Bad argument, communist. Steve Young has had bad drives. Brett Favre has had bad drives. Peyton Manning has had bad drives.

A few bad drives does not make up a QB's career.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

yes, it does. add his non-athleticism and you know why i'm not as high on him as on locker

Wow in that case Peyton Manning, John Elway, Steve Young, Terry Bradshaw, Ben Roethelisberger and so on shouldn't even have been successful in the next level.......BRILLIANT!!!

And athleticism is VERY OVERRATED for a QB. You can have all the athletic QB's in the NFL right now, I'll take the non-athletic QB's in Peyton Manning and Tom Brady.

And if Mallet is so nonathletic, tell me why does he have 6 rushing TD's???

Wow in that case Peyton Manning, John Elway, Steve Young, Terry Bradshaw, Ben Roethelisberger and so on shouldn't even have been successful in the next level.......BRILLIANT!!!

And athleticism is VERY OVERRATED for a QB. You can have all the athletic QB's in the NFL right now, I'll take the non-athletic QB's in Peyton Manning and Tom Brady.

That's six rushing touchdowns in his three seasons, not one season.

Steve Bono had five rushing touchdowns in 1995 alone.

Rushing touchdowns aren't an indication of athleticism.
Quote:
i just can't forget how ugly those bad decisions were against bama
Quote:
we can't afford to take a non-athletic guy as long as our o-line plays bulls**t
Quote:
even suh has a TD in the nfl...

I don't say that we shouldn't draft him at all...I just wanna luck, locker or stanzi over mallett.
[ Edited by communist on Nov 10, 2010 at 10:50 AM ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by redrathman:

I didn't say his 6 TD's came from just this season. But sure rushing TD's are some form of athleticism, some people think hes just got to legs stuck in the ground but that's not the case at all. Seriously, questioning this, have you people REALLY seen him play, same as Luck???
totally offtopic: could anyone tell me whether the US-americans say "it has been raining all day" or "...all day LONG"...wanna pass the TOEFL next year
[ Edited by communist on Nov 10, 2010 at 1:09 PM ]
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
He is over 6'5". You know the curse of the taller than 6'5" QB right?

peyton is 6'6 (at least in his commercial when he says he's a 6'6 qb with a laser rocket arm)

and he seems to be ok.

I have heard Peyton say himself he is 6-5. I agree, there does seem to be a curse on 6-6 and above QB's.

lets label that a minor con.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran

I didn't say his 6 TD's came from just this season. But sure rushing TD's are some form of athleticism, some people think hes just got to legs stuck in the ground but that's not the case at all. Seriously, questioning this, have you people REALLY seen him play, same as Luck???

2007:

33 attempts

-38 Yrds

-1.2 avg.

1 TDs

2009:

58 attempts

-29 Yrds

-0.5 avg.

2 Tds

2010:

29 attempts

-38 Yrds.

-1.3 avg.

3 TDs

Those numbers don't point to a very mobile QB

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Jcool:

2007:

33 attempts

-38 Yrds

-1.2 avg.

1 TDs

2009:

58 attempts

-29 Yrds

-0.5 avg.

2 Tds

2010:

29 attempts

-38 Yrds.

-1.3 avg.

3 TDs

I didn't say he was mobile either, but he does move well in the pocket for a 6'6" QB. He can throw on the run and will take off if there's an opening. Seriously, do you people actually watch the QB's being debated or do you guys just look at stats??

2007:

33 attempts

-38 Yrds

-1.2 avg.

1 TDs

2009:

58 attempts

-29 Yrds

-0.5 avg.

2 Tds

2010:

29 attempts

-38 Yrds.

-1.3 avg.

3 TDs

I didn't say he was mobile either, but he does move well in the pocket for a 6'6" QB. He can throw on the run and will take off if there's an opening. Seriously, do you people actually watch the QB's being debated or do you guys just look at stats??

I've watched a few games and I still see him being very uncomfortable when there's pressure in the pocket. He's got slow feet and doesn't evade defenders well in the pocket. IMO he needs a very strong o-line to be successful.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by SF69ers:

2007:

33 attempts

-38 Yrds

-1.2 avg.

1 TDs

2009:

58 attempts

-29 Yrds

-0.5 avg.

2 Tds

2010:

29 attempts

-38 Yrds.

-1.3 avg.

3 TDs

I've watched a few games and I still see him being very uncomfortable when there's pressure in the pocket. He's got slow feet and doesn't evade defenders well in the pocket. IMO he needs a very strong o-line to be successful.

True hes got slow feet, but he can throw on the run and roll out from the pocket. But all slow feet aside, hes been a pretty good from the pocket, of course his strength's aren't athleticism, pocket passer first, which is what I prefer in the first place.
Originally posted by SF69ers:

2007:

33 attempts

-38 Yrds

-1.2 avg.

1 TDs

2009:

58 attempts

-29 Yrds

-0.5 avg.

2 Tds

2010:

29 attempts

-38 Yrds.

-1.3 avg.

3 TDs

True hes got slow feet, but he can throw on the run and roll out from the pocket. But all slow feet aside, hes been a pretty good from the pocket, of course his strength's aren't athleticism, pocket passer first, which is what I prefer in the first place.

I'm beginning to accept the fact that he could be a possibility, but I still like Luck, Locker, and Stanzi before Mallett. Not that it's a bad thing, I just really like the other QBs more.

Steve Young and John Elway were not athletic? Wow you learn something new every day on the WZ...
Share 49ersWebzone