The Ryan Mallett Bandwagon

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by communist:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Luck, Stanzi, Locker, whatever gimme one of these guys.
f**k malletT

Wow F''''' Mallet huh, tell me what did that guy do to you???

As of right now, I'd take him over Locker. I feel he'd adjust quicker to the Pro's faster than Locker would. Luck and Mallet are the only ones I'd take in the 1st.
mallett hasn't adjusted his brain to college football yet...show me some stable games and we can discuss once more.

Mallett's a f**kin beast dude. You see him own South Carolina minus his top 2 WRs. The guy is legit, he's what the Arkansas team is pretty much built around. He can play for us anyday.

Unreal, Mallet throws for multiple 300 yard games, multiple 3 passing TD games and people say hes hasn't adjusted yet??

I'd take Mallet any day, and I hope he does somehow fall to us, I'd love to see the decision our staff would make if he did.
Originally posted by 23zack80:
I like Troy Smith and Nate Davis more than him.

oh hi coach dingleberry
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
He is over 6'5". You know the curse of the taller than 6'5" QB right?

peyton is 6'6 (at least in his commercial when he says he's a 6'6 qb with a laser rocket arm)

and he seems to be ok.
f**k malletT

As of right now, I'd take him over Locker. I feel he'd adjust quicker to the Pro's faster than Locker would. Luck and Mallet are the only ones I'd take in the 1st.
mallett hasn't adjusted his brain to college football yet...show me some stable games and we can discuss once more.

Mallett's a f**kin beast dude. You see him own South Carolina minus his top 2 WRs. The guy is legit, he's what the Arkansas team is pretty much built around. He can play for us anyday.

Unreal, Mallet throws for multiple 300 yard games, multiple 3 passing TD games and people say hes hasn't adjusted yet??

I'd take Mallet any day, and I hope he does somehow fall to us, I'd love to see the decision our staff would make if he did.

• titan
  • Veteran
Mallet is a Beast! Some posers here need to get the facts straight before making stupid comments. Against Bama he did throw Int's, but some of his receivers acknowledged it was a timing play and they got jammed. Against Auburn he played 1 qtr. prior to getting injured so you didn't watch the game. If the biggest hit on him is the Bama game find me another QB that can put this up against them. Here are some stat from SEC competition and worthy competitions. I just don't see a problem.

Stat vs Auburn for 1 1/2 qtr SCK TD INT
Ryan Mallett 10 15 96 66.7 6.4 0 0 1 0 142.4

Stats vs Bama TD INT
Ryan Mallett 25 38 357 65.8 9.4 2 8 1 3 137.6

Stat vs Georgia TD INT
Ryan Mallett 21 33 380 63.6 11.5 1 4 3 0 190.4

Stat vs AnM TD INT
Ryan Mallet 27 38 310 71.1 8.2 3 22 3 1 160.4

Stat vs SC TD INT
Ryan Mallett 21 30 303 70.0 10.1 1 6 2 1 159.2

Stat vs Vandy TD INT
Ryan Mallet 27 44 409 61.4 9.3 2 11 3 0 161.9
f**k malletT

against good teams he doesnt do to good example alabama he had 1td 3 int
against auburn 96 yds 1 TD
I wasn't a Mallett fan originally... but giving the guy "a shot" (re-watching game tape. interviews etc.). The dude has converted me.

With Luck going to the Bills... Im rooting for Mallett... I see more "if's" in Lockers game... Mallett looks like a true baller.
[ Edited by Milkman on Nov 9, 2010 at 8:51 PM ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
f**k malletT

- Against Alabama, he kept his team in the game till the end, throwing for 357 yards. Rating him off 3 picks in this game doesn't tell the whole story about him, good or bad. What matters IMO, is that he kept competing even though he DID throw 3 picks.

- Against Auburn, to tell you the truth, I was flipping back and fourth on this game and wasn't really set on watching it. But I guess you didn't notice that Mallet went out with an injury in the first half of this game.
f**k malletT

- Against Alabama, he kept his team in the game till the end, throwing for 357 yards. Rating him off 3 picks in this game doesn't tell the whole story about him, good or bad. What matters IMO, is that he kept competing even though he DID throw 3 picks.

- Against Auburn, to tell you the truth, I was flipping back and fourth on this game and wasn't really set on watching it. But I guess you didn't notice that Mallet went out with an injury in the first half of this game.

well against alabama he ran the 2 min drill had a good chance to win it and made horrible throws overthrowing his players throwing into double coverage causing game sealing INT

ya i didnt watch auburn game i forgot but there was a mroe intresting game on maybe world series? i dont remember
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
f**k malletT

well against alabama he ran the 2 min drill had a good chance to win it and made horrible throws overthrowing his players throwing into double coverage causing game sealing INT

ya i didnt watch auburn game i forgot but there was a mroe intresting game on maybe world series? i dont remember

Again, you can't look at Mallet's 3 picks against Bama as the whole story, as he did show poise and a fiery competitor in that game. Couldn't really find any highlights to show you, but this quote should give you an idea of what kind of QB Mallet is and will be in the NFL:
Quote:

Ryan Mallett handled the Alabama blitz on Saturday, completing 8 of his 12 passes against added pressure. He threw all three of his interceptions without Alabama sending a blitz.
Quote is from the game recap. And surely you can't put ONE 2 minute drive on his entire college career. Cause as a Sophomore he did throw for 30 TD's to only 7 picks, those numbers right off the back are impressive, and to note, while performing from a Pro Style offense.

f**k malletT

You can't blame him for only throwing for 96 yards in the Auburn game, he got injured a quarter and a half into it. Otherwise he probably would've went for 250. He's a baller man.
Hell yeah. Big Tex is awesome. I would be happy with either this guy or Stanzi. The only thing I dislike is sometimes
Originally posted by susweel:
Dude makes some really bonehead throws.
Mallett kinda reminds me of a taller Favre. Luck or Mallet

that's the problem!!! it's not about throwing interceptions in the last seconds when you have to go all in...it's about making stupid decisions!!!
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

that's the problem!!! it's not about throwing interceptions in the last seconds when you have to go all in...it's about making stupid decisions!!!

AAaaaaand are you saying Locker doesn't make any???? Cause just about EVERY QB in the world makes stupid decisions at times. But does 1,2 or even 3 bad drives make up a QB's career???
Share 49ersWebzone