LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 336 users in the forums

The Christian Ponder Bandwagon

Originally posted by fakers23:
Originally posted by jimmy49erfan:
Originally posted by SWAGG-ER:
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
If Tim Tebow can go in the first round, so can this guy. I'm confident if they think he's the guy, they'll move up to get him.

Tebow is no way near as injury prone as Ponder. Ponder is a very good QB but has zero luck with injuries. Guy gets injured way to easily to be a 1st rd pick.

Sam Bradford would disagree

Sam Bradford wasnt gimpy every season like Ponder was each year. Not knocking him in anyway but being injury prone. Thats Ponders only weakness imho. Id risk a 3rd rd pick on Ponder any draft.

Ponder wont even be there in the 3nd round most likely.. Thier rumors he might go in the bottom of the first..

Its possible but I wouldnt trust any rumor during the combine thru draft day. Plus with Newton, Gabbert, Mallet and Locker I doubt it. Them, the run for OTs and the amount of defensive talent will knock down a few good QBs this year.
Originally posted by fakers23:
Ponder wont even be there in the 3nd round most likely.. Thier rumors he might go in the bottom of the first..

Yeah I think Ponder could end up going in the late first like Tebow or Flacco. Best case scenario might be him lasting to the top of the second due to the other QBs available.

In my mock draft today I have the Niners trading to the top of the second to grab him before the other QB-needy teams.
[ Edited by NewEraNiner on Mar 2, 2011 at 7:18 PM ]
If Tim Tebow can go in the first round, so can this guy. I'm confident if they think he's the guy, they'll move up to get him.

Tebow is no way near as injury prone as Ponder. Ponder is a very good QB but has zero luck with injuries. Guy gets injured way to easily to be a 1st rd pick.

Sam Bradford wasnt gimpy every season like Ponder was each year. Not knocking him in anyway but being injury prone. Thats Ponders only weakness imho. Id risk a 3rd rd pick on Ponder any draft.

Do you even know the extent of Ponders injuries? They're completely over blown. I'd love for you to tell me what his injuries were and how they happened.
Another reason to draft Christian Ponder over Cam Newton.......Cam has the heisman, but Christian has the real trophy. Nicely done Christian.
Christian's Girlfriend: Kacie McDonnell

Is hotter then Cam's:Natalian Carr

Originally posted by Travisty13:
Another reason to draft Christian Ponder over Cam Newton.......Cam has the heisman, but Christian has the real trophy. Nicely done Christian.

wow. ponders girl is just...wow
Cam's girl is as freaky looking as he is... hate when people's eyes are so far apart, frickin aliens.

Anyway, I'd be willing to wait till #45 for Ponder. If he's gone, then draft Andy Dalton with that pick... or Stanzi with our 3rd. Harbaugh can work wonders for any of the three. If he feels strongly enough to move up a little for Ponder, then that's fine too. The man knows QBs and will make a smart choice.
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Cam's girl is as freaky looking as he is... hate when people's eyes are so far apart, frickin aliens.

Anyway, I'd be willing to wait till #45 for Ponder. If he's gone, then draft Andy Dalton with that pick... or Stanzi with our 3rd. Harbaugh can work wonders for any of the three. If he feels strongly enough to move up a little for Ponder, then that's fine too. The man knows QBs and will make a smart choice.

I think we will have to move back up late in the first for Ponder.
Originally posted by NC49erfan82:

I think we will have to move back up late in the first for Ponder.

Maybe so... I think the injury concerns may keep him safe for our 2nd round pick. That, and perhaps, the QBs like Locker and Mallett stay on the board a little longer than we think.

[ Edited by 9erguy on Mar 3, 2011 at 8:35 AM ]
I'd give her something to ponder.

-9fA
[ Edited by 9erfanAUS on Mar 3, 2011 at 10:49 AM ]

Do you even know the extent of Ponders injuries? They're completely over blown. I'd love for you to tell me what his injuries were and how they happened.

I could list each one and you wouldnt care swagg. So I wont waste too much time with you. Other than say your rankings are way off and I doubt you watch any college football. IF you did you would know all about Ponders injury history and just how bad Stanzi really is compared to the other QBs in this class.
Originally posted by Travisty13:

wow. ponders girl is just...wow

My words exactly.

I could list each one and you wouldnt care swagg. So I wont waste too much time with you. Other than say your rankings are way off and I doubt you watch any college football. IF you did you would know all about Ponders injury history and just how bad Stanzi really is compared to the other QBs in this class.

I'm well aware of Ponders injury history. I'm calling into question your knowledge of it. By you not providing the injury history, i'll just have to assume you don't know what the hell you're talking about.

I'm well aware of Ponders injury history. I'm calling into question your knowledge of it. By you not providing the injury history, i'll just have to assume you don't know what the hell you're talking about.

Share 49ersWebzone