LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 294 users in the forums

The Ricky Stanzi Bandwagon

Originally posted by ninertico:

Love this kid's swagger! Not only that, but love his comebacks! Truly, he reminds me of Joe in College at ND. I still remember that Cotton Bowl.

Hmmm....he's got everything I want out of my next QB:

Moxie--Check!
Accurate--Check!
Leader--Check!
Plays Pro-style Offense--Check!
Can create plays with feet--Check!
Not a captain check down--Check!
Comeback kid--Check!

I want this kid badly! Each week now, he seems to separate himself from his last year issues like interceptions for pick-6s. I just wanted to start this bad boy since nobody has yet.

Climb on board!

Whooooowhooooo!!! Still driving the Wagon. "Heeeyaaa, Mule, heeya!"

Imagine, now he's being talked about in the second to us. He truly started as a fourth and made his way into the third. As much as I dig the kid, #45 is very early for him. However, with teams after us in the second round needing QBs, we very well have to take him there or risk losing out on one of the top QBs in this draft.

Would love to trade into the back end of round two for him so we can get a first round talent possibly with #45 instead of a third round one. Won't be as expensive either to get our QB like #7 or jumping back into the first or #33 from NE.

The one thing this kid has in droves is moxie, being a leader. He earns respect. He's a gym rat as well while being the first one in and the last one out. He knows the commitment and could handle Harbaugh's intense coaching style.

My dream would be Peterson, Houston, Stanzi. That's taking care of our top three needs right there.

Love this kid's swagger! Not only that, but love his comebacks! Truly, he reminds me of Joe in College at ND. I still remember that Cotton Bowl.

Moxie--Check!
Accurate--Check!
Leader--Check!
Comeback kid--Check!

I want this kid badly! Each week now, he seems to separate himself from his last year issues like interceptions for pick-6s. I just wanted to start this bad boy since nobody has yet.

Climb on board!

Imagine, now he's being talked about in the second to us. He truly started as a fourth and made his way into the third. As much as I dig the kid, #45 is very early for him. However, with teams after us in the second round needing QBs, we very well have to take him there or risk losing out on one of the top QBs in this draft.

Would love to trade into the back end of round two for him so we can get a first round talent possibly with #45 instead of a third round one. Won't be as expensive either to get our QB like #7 or jumping back into the first or #33 from NE.

The one thing this kid has in droves is moxie, being a leader. He earns respect. He's a gym rat as well while being the first one in and the last one out. He knows the commitment and could handle Harbaugh's intense coaching style.

My dream would be Peterson, Houston, Stanzi. That's taking care of our top three needs right there.

I prefer Amukamara, Reed, Stanzi, but we are on the same wave length.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Moxie--Check!
Accurate--Check!
Leader--Check!
Comeback kid--Check!

Climb on board!

Mine too, and I'm right there with you Tico, only switch out Houston for Phil Taylor!!!!

IMO, I think solidifying the NT position is more important right now. We could always line up Brooks and LaBoy for stop-gaps. NT's are harder to find.

Like I said before, I could careless where Stanzi gets drafted, as long as we get him.
  • KID9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Moxie--Check!
Accurate--Check!
Leader--Check!
Comeback kid--Check!

Climb on board!

Mine too, and I'm right there with you Tico, only switch out Houston for Phil Taylor!!!!

IMO, I think solidifying the NT position is more important right now. We could always line up Brooks and LaBoy for stop-gaps. NT's are harder to find.

Like I said before, I could careless where Stanzi gets drafted, as long as we get him.

only about a round off for Taylor though. Reed imo.
Originally posted by KID9R:
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Moxie--Check!
Accurate--Check!
Leader--Check!
Comeback kid--Check!

Climb on board!

only about a round off for Taylor though. Reed imo.

I truly believe that both Taylor (to Jets) and Reed (to GB or NE) will be gone by #45 guaranteed! Houston was supposedly a first round talent like Reed, but now tested positive for Mary Jane so he will be there @ #45, IMO. I love Reed over Houston, but Houston is a very nice consolation prize as a rushing OLB. From him, there is a definite drop off in talent at OLB.

But we all want the same thing in the first three rounds: CB, OLB and QB whatever the order, huh?

Here's to a great draft!

BTW, wouldn't mind a Quinn, Dowling, Stanzi draft either.
im starting to like this guy. hope we end up with him in the 2nd or 3rd. we may have to get him in round 2 with all the qb needy teams this year
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
im starting to like this guy. hope we end up with him in the 2nd or 3rd. we may have to get him in round 2 with all the qb needy teams this year

Im thinking that he will available in the 4th round.
I want pp or prince in round 1 then round 2 I like Phil Taylor let's take care of the nt position and then stanzi omg I can't wait
I'm starting to think sitting tight at 45 & selecting Stanzi is the smart thing to do.

64.1 completion percentage as a senior, nearly an 8 point improvement from the season before.. I'm sold.

[ Edited by GMniner805 on Apr 28, 2011 at 08:03:15 ]
If we get a top playmaker like AJ Green or Patrick Peterson in the first then why don't we pick up Stanzi in the second round instead of trading back into the first.

Most of this guys highlight plays are snaps he takes directly from the center. Sets up his throws similar to Tom Brady. I don't see why the other guys who played in gimmick offenses are seen as first rounders where Stanzi is being looked at in the third.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NiUKYaHGlzE

Looks great on deep throws. Probably will take less time to learn Jim's complicated offense then Kaepernick or Gabbert.
I'm still a fan of Stanzi and his name has dropped off as of late. I bet he'll be available in the 3rd round, perhaps 4th. I say we go elsewhere in the second.
If the Niners want Stanzi I think they could wait until the 3rd round

[ Edited by valrod33 on Apr 28, 2011 at 09:05:12 ]
Originally posted by ElDannMann:
I'm still a fan of Stanzi and his name has dropped off as of late. I bet he'll be available in the 3rd round, perhaps 4th. I say we go elsewhere in the second.

I'm starting to think he goes late second round at the latest. He looks far more accurate on all types of NFL throws then some of the guys ranked ahead of him.
Please god no
Share 49ersWebzone