LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 223 users in the forums

The Ricky Stanzi Bandwagon

Ayyy.........you can be sure that when someone has an "eerily similar semblance" to this guy or that, they're going to be a huge colossal bust. Reminds me of Cade McNown and Gio Carmazzi.............

I think he could be a decent value pick, but the hype is getting kinda nutty.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Ayyy.........you can be sure that when someone has an "eerily similar semblance" to this guy or that, they're going to be a huge colossal bust. Reminds me of Cade McNown and Gio Carmazzi.............

I think he could be a decent value pick, but the hype is getting kinda nutty.

haha Carmazzi, the guy who was more of a work out freak then a qb.... Yeah not buying that!
when you see Stanzi's film, he does stand in the pocket JUST LIKE BRADY... But with our team, he'll be running around the pocket a lot more.

I am a fan of his leadership skills. Maybe he is th ANNOINTED ONE by Harbaugh. And if that's the case, WELCOME RICKY!
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by genus49:
yanno whats funny?

all the analysts are saying that ricky has the best chance of succeeding right away more than any other qb but that his ceiling is much less. same thing they said about aaron rodgers vs alex smith

Just curious who "all" the analysts are.

Also saying a guy has the best chance to succeed right away doesn't always mean he's worth a top 3 round selection.

Chris Weinke was more NFL ready than other qbs that year...didn't mean he was that good.

mayock, casserly, and the other guys from nfl network

From Mayock's mouth :

Quote:
Ricky Stanzi is a 3rd-rounder. I don't like him at the end of games. He's a project.

You could say just about any QB in this draft is a project.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
yanno whats funny?

all the analysts are saying that ricky has the best chance of succeeding right away more than any other qb but that his ceiling is much less. same thing they said about aaron rodgers vs alex smith

Also saying a guy has the best chance to succeed right away doesn't always mean he's worth a top 3 round selection.

Chris Weinke was more NFL ready than other qbs that year...didn't mean he was that good.

From Mayock's mouth :

Quote:
Ricky Stanzi is a 3rd-rounder. I don't like him at the end of games. He's a project.

that want the point he was trying to make
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
yanno whats funny?

From Mayock's mouth :

Quote:

Huh???
  • evil
  • Veteran
yanno whats funny?

From Mayock's mouth :

Quote:

Huh???

Point I was making was that was not what I have heard Mayock say....perhaps he did say it, I just never heard him if he did.
"Rick Mirer is the next Joe Montana"
~Bill Walsh
ZOMG MUST TAKE AT #7!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
yanno whats funny?

From Mayock's mouth :

Quote:

Huh???

Point I was making was that was not what I have heard Mayock say....perhaps he did say it, I just never heard him if he did.

Mayock flip flops back and fourth, I heard praises from him during the Senior Bowl about Ricky Stanzi and as I recall, never once heard him say that he doesn't like Stanzi at the end of games. What I've heard on TV through the off-season was that Stanzi is the most polished passer out of all the signal callers at the Senior Bowl.

I have found the one to put the memory of alex behind us and take this team to great highs once again!

So brady and romo didn't get rated high, but jim sees something it's it... A guy who will only get a stronger arm like brady and romo both did. hes got the feet, touch and pocket feel to make it in the nfl!

[ Edited by TheGoldDiggerrrr on Apr 27, 2011 at 13:30:19 ]
Just to be the devil's advocate, Alex was rated so much higher than Stanzi coming out of college.

Just saying... everyone is reaching here with all these QB's that will supposedly save the franchise.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
I'd rather take my chances with Ryan Mallet.
Originally posted by northvan49erman:
~Bill Walsh

He did have an amazing rookie season. Maybe if he had BW in his prime and a great surrounding cast, he could have. Since nobody has been Joe before or after, I doubt he would be that good, but he may have been dam good in the right circumstance.
  • dwett
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by northvan49erman:
~Bill Walsh

He did have an amazing rookie season. Maybe if he had BW in his prime and a great surrounding cast, he could have. Since nobody has been Joe before or after, I doubt he would be that good, but he may have been dam good in the right circumstance.

That is the key there. The one thing that has me most excited about next year is seeing an offensive minded coach running our organization. Whether it is Stanzi, Dalton or any other QB, I feel they are coming into the right circumstances.

Now maybe 10 years of bad circumstances has blinded me but I still have hope.
Share 49ersWebzone