Originally posted by SF69ers:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
~ Weak arm.
~ Can't throw deep.
~ Can't make all the throws.
~ Overrated on the WZ.

This was posted by Thorhawk from the "Quarterback Watch" thread:

Quote:
http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post/_/id/18578/ricky-stanzi-the-critical-hawkeye

"Stanzi has been dead-on with the deep ball this season, tossing four touchdown passes of longer than 30 yards, all to senior wideout Derrell Johnson-Koulianos. Stanzi has completed six passes of 40 yards or longer and 11 passes of 30 yards or longer in his first seven games."

You can add another 30 yard td pass to the total. So can we please stop with this nonsense that stanzi does not throw well deep? I see him complete a long pass down field in just about every game he plays.

More proof that you obviously haven't watched this QB. The guy can throw a 30-40 yard pass with some zip and plenty of accuracy.

And how the hell can he be overrated?! He's not even a 1st round prospect and in some draftnik boards, he's not even a top prospect in the 2nd round, although he should be. He has progressed a lot since his junior year.

I've watched him play plenty of times. And he can't throw deep. He sucks at the deep ball. Alex Smith throws a much better deep ball.

Ok, this is coming from the guy that said Andrew Luck was a statue and not athletic

Alex does throw a good deep ball. Which is where Stanzi struggles. Where Alex struggles is the short to medium range stuff. Which is where Stanzi can be good in streaks...

Yep good in streaks. I means hes only completing 70% of his passes. Go back to ninertalk and b***h about the yorks or the 49ers not drafting dez bryant. Your credibility in evaluating college qbs has been been compromised.

He doesn't have arm strength. And he is streaky. On and off. I've watched him play many times. And I don't have to go anywhere...

I've watched him play everytime.

I don't think the guy is bad. Just not great for the NFL level. If we picked him in the mid rounds I wouldn't be disappointed.
Originally posted by Thorhawk:
~ Weak arm.
~ Can't throw deep.
~ Overrated on the WZ.

Quote:
http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post/_/id/18578/ricky-stanzi-the-critical-hawkeye

"Stanzi has been dead-on with the deep ball this season, tossing four touchdown passes of longer than 30 yards, all to senior wideout Derrell Johnson-Koulianos. Stanzi has completed six passes of 40 yards or longer and 11 passes of 30 yards or longer in his first seven games."

You can add another 30 yard td pass to the total. So can we please stop with this nonsense that stanzi does not throw well deep? I see him complete a long pass down field in just about every game he plays.

More proof that you obviously haven't watched this QB. The guy can throw a 30-40 yard pass with some zip and plenty of accuracy.

And how the hell can he be overrated?! He's not even a 1st round prospect and in some draftnik boards, he's not even a top prospect in the 2nd round, although he should be. He has progressed a lot since his junior year.

I've watched him play plenty of times. And he can't throw deep. He sucks at the deep ball. Alex Smith throws a much better deep ball.

Ok, this is coming from the guy that said Andrew Luck was a statue and not athletic

Alex does throw a good deep ball. Which is where Stanzi struggles. Where Alex struggles is the short to medium range stuff. Which is where Stanzi can be good in streaks...

Yep good in streaks. I means hes only completing 70% of his passes. Go back to ninertalk and b***h about the yorks or the 49ers not drafting dez bryant. Your credibility in evaluating college qbs has been been compromised.

He doesn't have arm strength. And he is streaky. On and off. I've watched him play many times. And I don't have to go anywhere...

I don't think the guy is bad. Just not great for the NFL level. If we picked him in the mid rounds I wouldn't be disappointed.

well no one is saying pick him in the 1st round. I'm guessing around Round 3.
Originally posted by darkknight49:
~ Weak arm.
~ Can't throw deep.
~ Overrated on the WZ.

Quote:

well no one is saying pick him in the 1st round. I'm guessing around Round 3.

I honestly don't mind him around round 3 or 4. I think he has enough upside potential and does enough good things to warrant that area of the draft.
~ Weak arm.
~ Can't throw deep.
~ Overrated on the WZ.

Quote:
http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post/_/id/18578/ricky-stanzi-the-critical-hawkey

GTFO
Originally posted by mrbusinessman499:
~ Weak arm.
~ Can't throw deep.
~ Overrated on the WZ.

Quote:
http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post/_/id/18578/ricky-stanzi-the-critical-hawkey

GTFO

He does. Where Alex struggles is short to medium range...
I'm on this b***h
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Been on it, but officially taking my seat on it.

- CAN make all the throws necessary in the NFL.

- Good ball placement

- Smart QB, improved from 2009 season.

- Mobile enough to make plays with his legs.

- Moxie, swagger, maintains his cool when playing from behind.

- Pocket awareness, stands tall in pocket.

- Leadership

- Experience in Pro Style offense.
well stanzi looks like crap so far today. just threw his third interception of the year, and has been erratic in the 1st quarter.
  • titan
  • Veteran
He is solid player and I wouldn't mind having him.

• Shifty
  • Veteran
I didn't watch the game but an ok one statistically for Stanzi

22/33 290 yards 1 TD and 1 INT
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:

That last drive though is what I am taking about, a thing of beauty.
Originally posted by ninertico:
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:

That last drive though is what I am taking about, a thing of beauty.

3 passes, the last one 52 yards for the gamewinner.
Originally posted by Kolohe:

- Good ball placement

- Leadership

Can he throw from the roll out?
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Originally posted by Kolohe:

- Good ball placement

- Leadership

Can he throw from the roll out?

yes, the rollout is a staple of the Iowa offense, especially off of playaction
Share 49ersWebzone