LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 183 users in the forums

What do y'all think of Cam Newton?

he has only started like 8 games so needs to play next year. Great athlete.
  • Riot
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Dshearn:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by SourdoughDan:
Originally posted by communist:
He's overrated on this board by a LOT.
this

I don't see anyone on here who thinks he could come into the NFL next year and light up the league, but you have to admit he has a lot to work with as a prospect...it's funny to me that you are a big Jake Locker guy and think that Cam Newton is overrated

Locker is a 10 times better prospect. It's not close.

Good thing you are not drafting for the 49ers

You do understand there is a big talent difference on teams that people play for don't you? WA is last in the PAC 10 in talent level. They just have a real good QB. And nothing else. He's individually a good player but they don't have much talent on WA.

Auburn is not some stacked team.... they probably would have 2-3 losses with someone else at QB... they are a pretty average team without him.

Auburn has tremendous talent. WA has none except for QB. That's the difference.

No....idea......you have no idea.....

Really......

I am an auburn guy

I have only made 2 home games this year...but I have seen enough on tv to tell you....this is a very average team TALENT WISE ITS ALL THE QB.

newton is a beast , he is not in a spread offense throwing the ball so dont try to judge him by that standard.

He will be a 1st rounder.

He is 6-6 250 and runs like a cross between bo jackson and ronnie brown.

His jr season looks kinda like jason cambells jr season throwning the ball.

Give him another college season under the same offense....and it would not shock me if he went all bombs away next season.

The stuff they were running in spring ball , would have led me to belive that this team was going to be throwing the ball DEEP alot this season. Obviously Gus thinks this a safer offense to put on the field for a reason.

That does not change the Fact that Newton can Make every NFL throw , it does not mean he does not have room for improvment or that he is NFL ready...but so very few QBs are.

Holy crap a Dshearn sighting!
Originally posted by Riot:
this

I don't see anyone on here who thinks he could come into the NFL next year and light up the league, but you have to admit he has a lot to work with as a prospect...it's funny to me that you are a big Jake Locker guy and think that Cam Newton is overrated

You do understand there is a big talent difference on teams that people play for don't you? WA is last in the PAC 10 in talent level. They just have a real good QB. And nothing else. He's individually a good player but they don't have much talent on WA.

Auburn is not some stacked team.... they probably would have 2-3 losses with someone else at QB... they are a pretty average team without him.

Really......

I am an auburn guy

I have only made 2 home games this year...but I have seen enough on tv to tell you....this is a very average team TALENT WISE ITS ALL THE QB.

newton is a beast , he is not in a spread offense throwing the ball so dont try to judge him by that standard.

Give him another college season under the same offense....and it would not shock me if he went all bombs away next season.

The stuff they were running in spring ball , would have led me to belive that this team was going to be throwing the ball DEEP alot this season. Obviously Gus thinks this a safer offense to put on the field for a reason.

That does not change the Fact that Newton can Make every NFL throw , it does not mean he does not have room for improvment or that he is NFL ready...but so very few QBs are.

Holy crap a Dshearn sighting!

Doesn't post often, but when he does, he nails it.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
this

Really......

I am an auburn guy

Couldnt have said it better
this

Really......

I am an auburn guy

Good post but I don't think Auburn's offense is anything close to a conventional offense.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Oct 31, 2010 at 12:53 AM ]
i have to admit that i stopped watching the auburn game at 7pm but until then i didnt see any deep pass by newton. even his backup showed more when he threw a td pass to him...
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
i have to admit that i stopped watching the auburn game at 7pm but until then i didnt see any deep pass by newton. even his backup showed more when he threw a td pass to him...

whats so funny about my post? only seen a lot of 10 yd pass at max....if u wanna correct me, then do it.

you think everyones overrated on this board a lot
[ Edited by CrAnKD4TCRabTree on Oct 31, 2010 at 6:35 PM ]
Originally posted by CrAnKD4TCRabTree:

based on yesterday's game, he is overrated.

Lol i havent watched him play, but im just saying he says everyones overrated on this board

but then again hes right everyones overrated on this board lol. people are seriously overrating Troy Smith right now
I think this guy would be an AWESOME TE.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by binary2nd:
I think this guy would be an AWESOME TE.

based on what?
He looks better every week in all aspects of the game.

What exactly did Cam Newton do/not do on Saturday that makes you say this?
Share 49ersWebzone