There are 141 users in the forums

any good fullbacks in the 2011 draft?

a guy that could be a msash mouth blocker and catch a pass or two would really upgrade the niners offense

btw did anyone actually catch norris penalty on last nites opening kickoff--really was a game changer---no replay by espn
I still say we missed our chance at the FB of our future, back in the 2009 draft. Tony Fiammetta lasted until the 5th round, and this guy is going to be amazing! He loves to hit and is a monster blocker. Very selfless. He wasn't asked to do it in college, but he has great speed for a FB and could be a threat in the passing game with some work.

He reminds me a lot of a former 49er FB...Tom Rathman...who just by coincidence would have been coaching him had we drafted him. But no, the front office was still pleased with Moran Norris. I hate the 2009 draft so much!
We already have him. Jehuu Caulcrick should be given the opportunity to play at FB.
  • Riot
  • Veteran
Stanley Havili.
I though Nate Bynahm (sp?) did pretty well last night
Originally posted by Riot:
Stanley Havili.

Havili is awesome. Another guy is Stanford's FB, I forget his name at the moment.
  • mod
  • Veteran
all I know is that Fiammetta is a beast in Madden... I dropped Norris and picked him up quick.
I like our slash TE/FB in Nate Byham, he should be the starter next year, with Caulcrick as backup. Let Norris go.
I didn't think people drafted fullbacks anymore.
Originally posted by HaiGuise:
I didn't think people drafted fullbacks anymore.

seahawks drafted own schmitt i believe

released him though

jets drafted John "Terminator" Connor ... loved watching him on hard knocks
Originally posted by RDB4216:
I still say we missed our chance at the FB of our future, back in the 2009 draft. Tony Fiammetta lasted until the 5th round, and this guy is going to be amazing! He loves to hit and is a monster blocker. Very selfless. He wasn't asked to do it in college, but he has great speed for a FB and could be a threat in the passing game with some work.

He reminds me a lot of a former 49er FB...Tom Rathman...who just by coincidence would have been coaching him had we drafted him. But no, the front office was still pleased with Moran Norris. I hate the 2009 draft so much!

This is right. I've been screaming last 3yrs. to draft a FB..I wish we had Mike Tolbert from San Diego Chargers...That dude rocks..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Stanley Havili.

Havili is awesome. Another guy is Stanford's FB, I forget his name at the moment.

Havili seems like a Brian Leonard type player, he can block, run, and catch(which he is best at). Will never be a blow you up type of FB blocker.

Owen Marecic is the FB from Stanford also starts at MLB for them.
[ Edited by al49erfan on Sep 24, 2010 at 6:28 PM ]
Originally posted by al49erfan:
Stanley Havili.

Havili seems like a Brian Leonard type player, he can block, run, and catch(which he is best at). Will never be a blow you up type of FB blocker.

He'd be good..
Originally posted by toppdogg32:
Originally posted by al49erfan:
Stanley Havili.

He'd be good..

Problem with Marecic is figuring out where to put him, at FB or at MLB. Probably not fast enough to be a MLB.

Havili is an amazing player, he is really an H-Back, but he is as good as a WR when it comes to catching and route running. Wherever he lands, he will be an immediate weapon out of the backfield. He is a different player then Alstott, but he can have an Alstott-like impact on an offense.
[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on Sep 26, 2010 at 9:18 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone