There are 173 users in the forums

2011 Draft - Needs? Favorite Players? Who Resigns/Leaves?

I know it's early and it is hard to tell what will happen before the college and the NFL season takes place but for fun what players could you see us looking at next year in the 1st, 2nd or later? What do you think our needs will be? Who do you think we resign or let go? No need to reply if you are going to say it's too early because it's just for fun.

QB (If we make the playoffs I would assume we resign Alex to a short term deal. I don't see us starting fresh with a new QB with every thing else in place. If Smith doesn't resign or doesn't play well I could see us going after a veteran QB before drafting one.

WR (It's a mess right now, we have lots of potential and if guys like Morgan, Ginn, Hill or Jones don't step up we might draft one of these guys.)

In the 1st
A.J. Green
Julio Jones
Michael Floyd
Johnathan Baldwin

3-4 DE (If Balmer doesn't step up, McDonald doesn't stay healthy or if Soap continues to play mediocre we might need one of these guys.)

In the 1st
Marcel Dareus[Alabama]
Adrian Clayborn[Iowa]
Allen Bailey[Miami]

NT (If we don't think we can sign Franklin long term we probably take a NT in round 1. Let's hope we can but even so he is 30 so we have to draft a backup some where in the draft.

In the 1st
Jerrell Powe[Mississippi]

OLB (Depends on if Brooks turns into an every down LB, Lawson probably won't get paid what he wants so I see him gone, Laboy is a good backup, Briggs needs to develop so this could be a big need.

In the 1st
Robert Quinn[North Carolina]
Von Miller[Texas A&M] Not sure about him...

Possibly in the 2nd
Akeem Ayers[UCLA]

CB (Could be our #1 need next year. Another mediocre season from Clements and he could be gone or moved down meaning we would probably need a #1/2 or 3. Spencer and Brown would move up but we still have a hole. 4, 5 and 6 are looking like weak spots.

In the 1st
Patrick Peterson[LSU]
Aaron Williams[Texas]
Prince Aumukamara[Nebraska]

Possibly in the 2nd
Kendric Burney[North Carolina]
Brandon Harris[Miami]
Janoris Jenkins[Florida]
Cameron Chism[Maryland]

ORDER OF NEEDS AS OF NOW
CB, Pass Rush OLB, Backup NT, 3-4 DE, WR

Guys I could see us taking (assuming we pick in mid 20's/At least 21 with Playoffs)
Prince Aumukamara[Nebraska]
Aaron Williams[Texas]
Brandon Harris[Miami]
Jerrell Powe[Mississippi]
Von Miller[Texas A&M] Not sure about him...only 240, smaller Lawson sized OLB, Had 17 Sacks this past year, 5 total the previous 2 years.
Allen Bailey[Miami]
Adrian Clayborn[Iowa]
Michael Floyd[Notre Dame]
Johnathan Baldwin [Pittsburgh]
[ Edited by Gore_21 on May 28, 2010 at 11:33 AM ]
Id add RB too
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Id add RB too

Really, just don't see us getting another RB with Gore, Coffee and Dixon. I know a lot of us wanted a scat back and some people are on the Noel Devine bandwagon for next year already but I just don't see a Singletary team taking one.
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Id add RB too

Really, just don't see us getting another RB with Gore, Coffee and Dixon. I know a lot of us wanted a scat back and some people are on the Noel Devine bandwagon for next year already but I just don't see a Singletary team taking one.

Gore is 27 already, just saying it wouldnt hurt to look at possible RB's next year.

Not our biggest needs, but one that should be kept on the back burner.

Wouldnt mind trading for lynch or keeping an eye out on shane vereen (depending on how he does this year)
[ Edited by ads_2006 on May 28, 2010 at 12:13 PM ]
Could Coffee or Dixon replace Gore?no idea, but I suspect not. We may need to spend a high pick on a new rb in the next year or two
QB/RB/FB/TE/WR/OT/OG/C/DE/NT/OLB/LB/FS/SS/CB/K/P/KR
Von Miller is the best pass rusher of the bunch. By the time the draft rolls around, I could see him sliding a bit though. His thin frame could scare teams off. Hopefully we FINALLY invest in a pass rusher and we're able to scoop him up..

Prince Akamakamamakamsndasasjyeag! I want him I want him!
Adrian Clayborne was one guy last year I really wanted to see again this year. He looked pretty good last year in the games I saw.
1. Prince Akamaru - Players with strange names are always beast like Nnamdi Asomuga and Haloti Ngata.

2. Christian Ponder - If Alex Smith fails but we're still a decent team with a mid round pick we shouldn't use it on a QB until the 2nd Round.

Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
Adrian Clayborne was one guy last year I really wanted to see again this year. He looked pretty good last year in the games I saw.

Yeah, same here. He looked great last year. He could end up being a very high pick if he has another strong season.
Originally posted by MCrabs15:
1. Prince Akamaru - Players with strange names are always beast like Nnamdi Asomuga and Haloti Ngata.

2. Christian Ponder - If Alex Smith fails but we're still a decent team with a mid round pick we shouldn't use it on a QB until the 2nd Round.

GO NOLES!!! but yeah cb should be priority #1. im worried about our secondary this yr
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

No thank you. Would much rather go with Pat Devlin or Kevin Riley. Shoot, if Alex Smith fails, we should take a QB in the 1st, next year will be a solid QB class, especially if Andrew Luck decides to come out.
Originally posted by Kolohe:

No thank you. Would much rather go with Pat Devlin or Kevin Riley. Shoot, if Alex Smith fails, we should take a QB in the 1st, next year will be a solid QB class, especially if Andrew Luck decides to come out.

I have yet to see Pat Devlin play, and I hate Kevin Riley.

What is up with everyone and Andrew Luck? I would much prefer Jerrod Johnson or Jake Locker over them. Ryan Mallet would be good to look at too with his 6'7 height. Christian Ponder is also impressive in my eyes.
my needs going into 2011 if all goes well and Alex pans out and we are a playoff team.

RG

Mike Pouncey
Rodney Hudson

DE

Clayborn
Bailey

OLB

Von Miller
Bruce Carter

Quinn will be out of reach, a top 10 pick.

CB

Amukamara
Peterson

NT

Powe

My choice is Powe or Miller. Depending on who we keep out of franklin and lawson.
Share 49ersWebzone