There are 184 users in the forums

We Now Have the Most Powerful RB Corps in the NFL, Hands-Down

• LA_NINERS
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by LA_NINERS:
I agree, DeAngelo Williams + Stewart is a great combo.

...when healthy.

Same could be said for our RB corp.
Originally posted by nvninerfan1:

...when healthy.

What an excellent point. What are we without Gore? Garbage.

If you think we are anywhere near there league at running back you need to take off the rose colored glasses.

Being that we haven't seen much of Coffee's expertise short of pre-season, and the rookie is just that, you CANNOT make these kinds of predictions and be taken seriously. It's called on the field performance, not paper.

Some of you just amaze me with your depth of homerism.[/quote]

Agreed, I still cant beleive this thread is going on. Gore is backed by 2 RBs that have proved absolutely nothing, other than Coffee's 2.7 ypc.
Originally posted by ninerlifer:
Originally posted by nvninerfan1:

...when healthy.

What an excellent point. What are we without Gore? Garbage.

If you think we are anywhere near there league at running back you need to take off the rose colored glasses.

Being that we haven't seen much of Coffee's expertise short of pre-season, and the rookie is just that, you CANNOT make these kinds of predictions and be taken seriously. It's called on the field performance, not paper.

Some of you just amaze me with your depth of homerism.[/quote]

Agreed, I still cant beleive this thread is going on. Gore is backed by 2 RBs that have proved absolutely nothing, other than Coffee's 2.7 ypc.

CAROLINAS backfield is a better combo than ours, but I'll tell you what.. Ill take Gore over Williams OR Stewart !!
Actually, I think Dallas' three-headed RB monster is the best...Barber, Choice and Felix Jones are all dynamic, but in different ways. I can't think of a better trio in the entire NFL. Niners have a chance to move toward the standard Dallas has set...especially if Coffee emerges as many believe he will this next season. Dixon will prove to be one of the biggest steals of any 6th rd draft pick.
  • Pintor73
  • Info N/A
dallas has 3 good running backs they just don't know how to use them we will put our's to work that's for sure especially on the road and against real good offenses saints gb sd atlanta keep them on the sidelines by pounding the ball ala ny giants chicago bears baltimore pittsburg they won a superbowl defense and pounding the rock like chucky says
Originally posted by thojess:
Originally posted by maxsmart:
49ers have 233-pound secret in the backfield
http://www.pressdemocrat.com/article/20100502/sports/100509942

The problem with keeping Norris is that someone more valuable will have to be cut (barring injury). If Dixon or the 2nd TE Byham can provide good blocking, they are much more valuable in the passing game (ie. more versatile), much cheaper, and have a better future. Norris is old and one-dimensional. If injuries occur and Norris is 'the last man standing' he will make the team. But I wouldn't cut any good young players (eg. Dixon, Byham, OL, maybe Vann, etc) in order to keep an OLD, crappy, one-dimensional FB.

I don't like go cutting your starting fullback in order to keep your 3rd string anybody.

By the end of last year, Norris was the 1st FB but not starting. He played little. The Niners should be talented enough that any running back on the field at the same time as Gore (FB, H-Back or 2nd RB) must do more than one thing. I don't believe Norris provides an option in special teams. IMO, he doesn't make the final 53.
Originally posted by Paul_Hofer:
Originally posted by thojess:
Originally posted by maxsmart:
49ers have 233-pound secret in the backfield
http://www.pressdemocrat.com/article/20100502/sports/100509942

The problem with keeping Norris is that someone more valuable will have to be cut (barring injury). If Dixon or the 2nd TE Byham can provide good blocking, they are much more valuable in the passing game (ie. more versatile), much cheaper, and have a better future. Norris is old and one-dimensional. If injuries occur and Norris is 'the last man standing' he will make the team. But I wouldn't cut any good young players (eg. Dixon, Byham, OL, maybe Vann, etc) in order to keep an OLD, crappy, one-dimensional FB.

I don't like go cutting your starting fullback in order to keep your 3rd string anybody.

By the end of last year, Norris was the 1st FB but not starting. He played little. The Niners should be talented enough that any running back on the field at the same time as Gore (FB, H-Back or 2nd RB) must do more than one thing. I don't believe Norris provides an option in special teams. IMO, he doesn't make the final 53.

I tend to agree with you on this. I think Norris is gone too, especially if the blocking TE they drafted makes the team. I think they keep Robinson versus Norris.
Share 49ersWebzone