LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 279 users in the forums

Kiper's grades are in

Originally posted by ads_2006:
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Quote:
San Francisco 49ers
Summary: Give San Francisco credit. Early on in the draft it had a chance to get better in a couple of places and decided to get a lot better in one. But consider the trickle-down effect: By taking Anthony Davis, the left tackle with the highest upside in the draft -- emphasis on "upside" -- and then a lock to be a good NFL guard in Mike Iupati, the Niners are a better running team right now. The passing game suddenly seems better as well. Taylor Mays at No. 49 is a good value selection, and the kid will be motivated, but I think we're past pretending he was a steal because of his size-speed combination. His tape fell really flat. Navorro Bowman has size questions, but he's better than No. 91 overall.
Draft grade: B

Seattle got an A by the way, Arizona B+ and STL C+

I bet if we drafted Clausen and traded the rest of our picks for peanuts Kiper would have given us an A.

That is pretty true, Kiper has a man-crush on Clausen for some reason
Kiper is a moron. That is all.
Originally posted by lamontb:
Grades seem about right to me. both channels really sucked balls this year with there coverage NFLN was always on commercial break with the early niner picks. I like Chavous on NFLN the rest of them were worthless once Mayock lost his voice. ESPN problem was besides Kiper nobody else seemed to informed about the players. The funniest part was watching how upset Steve young and TJ were over the Broncos taking Tebow that was classic. And please get rid of Jim Mora Jr he was horrible. Both channels could do a lot better

This was the worst draft coverage i have ever seen by both channels, ESPN have way to many on the set, many with no knowledge about the college game at all. I like Chucky alot but you could basically have what he says on auto repeat. Berman i really like but from the little i saw from ESPN, not very good. I just don´t understand why they don´t let Berman, Kiper and McShay be on the set.

I have NFL Network and their coverage was very dissapointing.

Eisen did a fine job as always, he addressed the complaints from many people that didn´t like that all the excitement has been taking out of things with camera on every single guy in the green room, and the fact that picks was announced, before it was announced. "Im sorry, but its our job to bring you this news, if we don´t do it, someone else will.
Mayock knows his stuff
La Confura : Why did they hire this guy?, he stood by the stage and said what the pick was before Goodell walked on to the stage. Bad television
Dukes: Does not seem to know anything about football
Originally posted by Icelandic49er:
Grades seem about right to me. both channels really sucked balls this year with there coverage NFLN was always on commercial break with the early niner picks. I like Chavous on NFLN the rest of them were worthless once Mayock lost his voice. ESPN problem was besides Kiper nobody else seemed to informed about the players. The funniest part was watching how upset Steve young and TJ were over the Broncos taking Tebow that was classic. And please get rid of Jim Mora Jr he was horrible. Both channels could do a lot better

This was the worst draft coverage i have ever seen by both channels, ESPN have way to many on the set, many with no knowledge about the college game at all. I like Chucky alot but you could basically have what he says on auto repeat. Berman i really like but from the little i saw from ESPN, not very good. I just don´t understand why they don´t let Berman, Kiper and McShay be on the set.

Eisen did a fine job as always, he addressed the complaints from many people that didn´t like that all the excitement has been taking out of things with camera on every single guy in the green room, and the fact that picks was announced, before it was announced. "Im sorry, but its our job to bring you this news, if we don´t do it, someone else will.
Mayock knows his stuff
La Confura : Why did they hire this guy?, he stood by the stage and said what the pick was before Goodell walked on to the stage. Bad television

Yea it was just bad all around on both channels. The production just seemed cheesy. ESPN's problem was basically too many guys saying nothing They need more draft orientated guys on this coverage instead of the regular football cast. Seemed like NFLN showed more highlights of the players at the combine than some actual game footage. Once Mayock lost his voice the channel was barely watchable til Chavous did an good job. La Confora didn't bring much they should leave him behind the scenes. ESPN did a great job with Mort and Sheffler breaking news though. They need to add less to the draft coverage instead of more.
Originally posted by Icelandic49er:

Mayock knows his stuff

Yea it was just bad all around on both channels. The production just seemed cheesy. ESPN's problem was basically too many guys saying nothing They need more draft orientated guys on this coverage instead of the regular football cast. Seemed like NFLN showed more highlights of the players at the combine than some actual game footage. Once Mayock lost his voice the channel was barely watchable til Chavous did an good job. La Confora didn't bring much they should leave him behind the scenes. ESPN did a great job with Mort and Sheffler breaking news though. They need to add less to the draft coverage instead of more.

I was actually surprised how Mayock seemed off at times during the draft. Usually he is pretty spot on. For example, during the Iupati pick, he first said that Iupati was suited to G, but then said the Niners could flip him out to RT and move Snyder inside. Then, when another commentator mentioned that the Niners just got Davis to play RT, he said now the Niners can move Snyder inside to play RG, forgetting Chilo Rachal altogether. He must be really obsessed with the ability of Snyder to play G.
Share 49ersWebzone