There are 287 users in the forums

49ers sign LeGarret Blount

Originally posted by BrianUKNiner:
Quote:
Adam_Schefter 49ers had RB LeGarrette Blount on phone in sixth round -- looked like he would go then. Instead he'll go to 49ers as an undrafted FA.

Wonder what triggered the change?

Probably trying to sign him when he didn't get drafted, like they did with Vann. Nobody waits till after the draft to call
i'm pretty hopeful for this guy to make the team (maybe because i'm from oregon)

but here's a vid i found that shows how he's a good combo of speed and power.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=il-18rW2muM
Lets see what Mikey can do with him
Originally posted by BoiseNiner:
As a boise state guy I can handle having an Idaho vandal but now this guy. I guess I can try and look past his cowardly sucker punch.

the guy he socked was straight up asking for it. not sure how you can be sucker punched when you're in somebody's face trying to start a fight. Blount may be a knucklehead but i don't blame him for knocking that guy out.
Originally posted by oregondave:
As a boise state guy I can handle having an Idaho vandal but now this guy. I guess I can try and look past his cowardly sucker punch.

the guy he socked was straight up asking for it. not sure how you can be sucker punched when you're in somebody's face trying to start a fight. Blount may be a knucklehead but i don't blame him for knocking that guy out.

the other thing about it that bothers me was that the only reason it was as big of a deal as it was, was because it was on national tv. college football is littered with players that have gotten into worse trouble with the only difference being that the cameras were not rolling...

ooooooohhh. Oregon vs. Boise
Originally posted by kpoe1175:
i'm pretty hopeful for this guy to make the team (maybe because i'm from oregon)

Same here, I'm a complete OSU guy and I had to watch this a*****e almost every weekend/every night on the news (and had to read about him in the Sports section of the Oregonian to verbatim)... but I will say, I'm glad he's our 'a*****e' now.

He was one of the purest 3rd down TD machines in the Pac-10.
  • dj43
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by jimrat201:
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:

Bull, that jackass from Boise ran up and shoved Blount while talking trash, they BOTH acted like punks! It wasn't unprovoked, and it wasn't a "Sucker Punch" You run up and shove somebody while taunting them you better expect to get hit!

Dude from Oakland, is he not? I don't blame him for smackin that clown!

Yeah, I'm not from Oakland, but I was raised to sock a fool in his mouth if he jumps in my face like that. Football field or not, you gonna get what's coming to you if you jump in a man's face like that.
Yeah, what you will get is 15 yards and ejection...on both sides.

Singletary may to have to clone himself in order to take care of all the "character issues" the 49ers are collecting.
Originally posted by BrianUKNiner:
Quote:
Adam_Schefter 49ers had RB LeGarrette Blount on phone in sixth round -- looked like he would go then. Instead he'll go to 49ers as an undrafted FA.

Wonder what triggered the change?

Nothing changed, the 49ers just called to tell him they wanted him if no one signed him. That's my guess.
Originally posted by LeadFarmer:

LOL

Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by jimrat201:
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:

Bull, that jackass from Boise ran up and shoved Blount while talking trash, they BOTH acted like punks! It wasn't unprovoked, and it wasn't a "Sucker Punch" You run up and shove somebody while taunting them you better expect to get hit!

Dude from Oakland, is he not? I don't blame him for smackin that clown!

Yeah, I'm not from Oakland, but I was raised to sock a fool in his mouth if he jumps in my face like that. Football field or not, you gonna get what's coming to you if you jump in a man's face like that.
Yeah, what you will get is 15 yards and ejection...on both sides.

Singletary may to have to clone himself in order to take care of all the "character issues" the 49ers are collecting.

Good thing he's not a Starter than. Hopefully he takes out Fitzgerald

LOL

I'm a OSU and Boise St. fan over UO, but I always felt like the Blount situation wasn't quite right...

LOL

I'm a OSU and Boise St. fan over UO, but I always felt like the Blount situation wasn't quite right...

The Boise guy deserved it, but Blount shouldn't have responded to the fans. That was my problem with it but i have no problem with him being on the team. If he acts up again he's cut simple as that. Doesn't cost us a thing

here is another video showing his good combo of speed and power

Hopefully he wont take Sings "we go out and we hit people in the mouth" quote too seriously
Share 49ersWebzone