LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 355 users in the forums

49ers agree to terms with LeRoy Vann

It's really hard to tell how his film translates to NFL play, but he certainly does take advantage of flaws in the opponents' special team discipline and play. I don't know if he survives the cuts or makes it to the team or PS, but he'll be fun to watch in preseason, particularly on punt returns (and especially if the other team outkicks its coverage).
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by teeohh:
Originally posted by darkknight49:
Kory Sheets 2.0?

(at least in terms of webzone love)

Likely

Is his size a concern?

He's about the same size as Sproles. If you can play you can play.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo63:
Originally posted by teeohh:
Originally posted by darkknight49:
Kory Sheets 2.0?

(at least in terms of webzone love)

Likely

Is his size a concern?

He's about the same size as Sproles. If you can play you can play.

He looks smaller than Sproles. Well if he can play, he can play
Oh yeah, this kid can fly...love the signing. Gotta give it up to Baalke...for his 1st draft, I thought he did a bang-up job. Addressed a lot of needs and added some much-needed speed to the KR game.
Originally posted by susweel:
He says he was 49er fan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9j6orxD7zA&feature=related

keyword: "was"
how was this guy not drafted? he runs right up the middle and still smokes everyone. awesome signing
i dont even know why we drafted williams with this dude on the board he looks legit
Originally posted by GoreForMore:
i dont even know why we drafted williams with this dude on the board he looks legit

Probably because Williams is more versatile then Vann. Vann is only going to be a KR/PR likely, but Williams has value has a PR and WR.
Originally posted by 49ersRednGold:

Probably because Williams is more versatile then Vann. Vann is only going to be a KR/PR likely, but Williams has value has a PR and WR.

yeah i get that but our roster is pretty set at WR for a 6th rounder to be getting any playing time..... but i understand what your saying

yeah i get that but our roster is pretty set at WR for a 6th rounder to be getting any playing time..... but i understand what your saying

Not really we didn't have a slot reciever and Williams ran a 4.3 at his pro day+played in the slot a lot. The only guys who are for sure even on the team at WR is Crab and Morgan.

Originally posted by TlSSER:
Originally posted by susweel:
He says he was 49er fan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9j6orxD7zA&feature=related

keyword: "was"

that's cause he said when he was growing up. If he said "when i was growin up i is a 49ers fan" that'd just be down right poor grammar
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

Not really we didn't have a slot reciever and Williams ran a 4.3 at his pro day+played in the slot a lot. The only guys who are for sure even on the team at WR is Crab and Morgan.

i just dont see this guy getting playing time over ginn, jones, or hill..... i think ginn will become the slot WR
Originally posted by communist:
vann runs only a 4.62...why is he so fast in those videos??? fake? very lame opponents?

probably better game speed then track speed, the 40 yard dash is an art and he knew he wasnt going to get a huge contract so he probably didnt pay huge bucks to get a expensive private trainer and take off school just to train for the draft.
Originally posted by footballxpaul:
Originally posted by communist:
vann runs only a 4.62...why is he so fast in those videos??? fake? very lame opponents?

probably better game speed then track speed, the 40 yard dash is an art and he knew he wasnt going to get a huge contract so he probably didnt pay huge bucks to get a expensive private trainer and take off school just to train for the draft.

It was a wet track. 40 times mean little.
Just watch him on the field out-run the entire defense.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

i just dont see this guy getting playing time over ginn, jones, or hill..... i think ginn will become the slot WR

Singletary has stated explicitly that Ginn will play the X position and is not a slot receiver.
Share 49ersWebzone