LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 278 users in the forums

And the Al Davis award goes to...

And the Al Davis award goes to...

Every year I think we need to recognize the teams that go out of their way to humiliate themselves with their first round selections. In honor of the man that once took a kicker 17th overall and passed on Michael Crabtree, this years Al Davis award goes to...
[ Edited by Superbowl09 on Apr 23, 2010 at 8:47 AM ]
Definitely Jacksonville
The Jags get my WTF award for the most ill-conceived first-round pick.
Originally posted by Superbowl09:
Every year I think we need to recognize the teams that go out of their way to humiliate themselves with their first round selections. In honor of the man that once took a kicker 17th overall and passed on Michael Crabtree, this years Al Davis award goes to...

Al Davis has won this award probably 12 times so it's nice to see someone else win it for a change. The Jags staff who again reached for a pass rusher. Didn't they learn their lesson the last 3 times? Why not trade down? If they panicked then why not let the time run out and field some calls or initiate some calls?
  • evil
  • Veteran
The Raiders have no place on this poll. Kirk Morrison is OK as a MLB but not great. He'd be a better fit at OLB but with the addition of Groves (being listed as a LB'er) he is probably going to be deal over the next 2 days.

McClain gives the Raiders a defensive leader and MLB'er to build this defense around. He could be their guy for the next 10 years. Great pick by the Raiders. A little surprising they did not take Davis or Bulaga however they could turn into huge winners by trading up and getting Charles Brown.
Jags, But the Chargers are close, they did not have to trade all the way up to 12.
Jville. I liked the Raiders pick. Not often I say that.

Denver were a real WTF!
As big of a reach the Jags and Chargers took I still can't figure out wtf the Broncos are thinking.
Jags definitely gave me the biggest WTF moment last night, and that's even as a Cal fan!
Gotta say Denver, but who knows, maybe Thomas and Tebow turn out to be pro-bowlers.

Buffalo

We have holes everywhere but we gotta get that speed even though we already have 2 capable running backs
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Buffalo

We have holes everywhere but we gotta get that speed even though we already have 2 capable running backs

Added to the poll just for you.
Originally posted by vermonator:
Gotta say Denver, but who knows, maybe Thomas and Tebow turn out to be pro-bowlers.

I actually feel bad for Denver fans. Replacing Cutler and Marshall with that
Jaguars reached but Alualu will be a good player, just not sure if he will be elite.
  • bret
  • Veteran
Originally posted by teeohh:
Jaguars reached but Alualu will be a good player, just not sure if he will be elite.

The thing about the Jags is, they could have traded back to the Niners who called them according to Baalke, and they STILL could have gotten Alualu, but they chose to stand pat!?!
Share 49ersWebzone