LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 159 users in the forums

Who do you want in the 2nd and 3rd rounds ?

i say just do bpa, if that is McKnight in the 3rd go for it
Originally posted by TeambyTheBay:
Originally posted by jreff22:
I just want D from here on out.

Our D is fine. We need to score alot more points this season. McKnight is going to be better than Best!

We were 21st in passing D last year....that's not fine. And we only have 3 locks at CB's on the roster. Roman is gone so we have the room to add a 5th Safety, not to mention Lewis has this slight concussion issue.
Originally posted by rk1642:
I'd love to get Carlos Dunlap but looks like we are setup to pound the ball mentality so maybe they go Toby Gerhart.

gerhart wil be such a damn waste of a pick when we already have coffee. if we want a rb it has to be a change of pace speed back like mccluster

Our D is fine. We need to score alot more points this season. McKnight is going to be better than Best!

I don't know about, CB, S, and Pass Rusher are still bigger needs IMO. The biggest weakness on offense was the line, if that hasn't been adequately fixed it won't be for a long, long time.

We were 21st in passing D last year....that's not fine. And we only have 3 locks at CB's on the roster. Roman is gone so we have the room to add a 5th Safety, not to mention Lewis has this slight concussion issue.

I'm fine with it. Ben Tate or Toby Gerhart would be fine too. We absolutely have to get a corner in the second. As someone mentioned above, we only have 3 legitimate corners on the team and two of them are old.
Id rather have McCluster if we are taking a RB
Originally posted by Super9er81:

I don't know about, CB, S, and Pass Rusher are still bigger needs IMO. The biggest weakness on offense was the line, if that hasn't been adequately fixed it won't be for a long, long time.

Those are not needs. We ranked 21st in passing D because we couldn't stop the damn TEs and backs not WRs. Laboy, Reggie Smith, and Curtis Taylor all have talent to step in.
[ Edited by TeambyTheBay on Apr 22, 2010 at 9:48 PM ]
  • bret
  • Veteran
My thoughts are this:

Draft defense in rounds 2 and 3 - preferably CB and ILB.

Maybe try to move Manny and Baas to get a couple of picks on Saturday.

What are your thoughts?
  • yummy12
  • Info N/A
well i think we will trade down in 2nd round...to reget a 4 or 5 round pick...

I wouldnt expect anything too spectacular, probably BPA in both rounds. I am guessing they will aim for a corner (Arenas?) and an OLB
More O Lineman. Today was so much fun. I can't wait for tomorrow.
  • bret
  • Veteran
I'd be thrilled if we ended up with Akwasi Owusu-Ansah and Brandon Spikes.
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Taylor Mays
  • dman
  • Veteran
we need a safety
Share 49ersWebzone