There are 188 users in the forums

Best available talent after Day One

Taylor Mays will be a Raider tomorrow, Al won't be able to help himself.
Originally posted by HessianDud:
I don't know all the players, but we still need:

secondary help
pass rush help

....and I hate to say it, but we have to seriously consider moving up to get Clausen.

Going to have to agree with you.

secondary help
pass rush help

....and I hate to say it, but we have to seriously consider moving up to get Clausen.

Seriously? Clausen is a douche. He will NOT help this team this season nor next. QB is NOT on the need list at this point. If you draft Clausen now you're admitting Smith is DONE and this offense must start over.
PERRISH COX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Originally posted by bigtony2tone:

secondary help
pass rush help

Seriously? Clausen is a douche. He will NOT help this team this season nor next. QB is NOT on the need list at this point. If you draft Clausen now you're admitting Smith is DONE and this offense must start over.

I'm not a fan of Clausen. I argued against picking him all week. I thought picking him in the first would have been a disaster for the reasons you mentioned and then some.

But, given his falling into the second, and recognizing that he is probably the best overall player available--at a position that we AREN'T settled at--and since we have addressed our biggest needs on the O-line, I think its necessary to consider Clausen at this point.

However, I don't think it will be worth it. I imagine MINN will take him tomorrow with the second pick, as someone pointed out in this thread earlier, and I doubt STL will trade with us. It would probably cost too much to get into that #1 spot anyway, given we still need a DB and and OLB.
More OL. More OL. More cowbell.
Originally posted by DynastyPart2:
With the first round in the books, here is a look at who is still available (who I think the 49ers will pick, I didn't add any OT/OG picks):

Brian Price
Terrence Cody
Nate Allen
Golden Tate

Morgan Burnett
Dexter McCluster
Akwasi Owusu-Ansah
Arrelious Benn
Sergio Kindle

Taylor Mays
Jason Worilds
Everson Griffen
Jimmy Clausen
Chad Jones
Koa Misi

So, who fits our team best? Who do you want?

I would love any of these players. I was really hoping we would trade up to get Kyle Wilson or Jerry Hughes, but without a 4th and a 5th it was slightly wishful thinking.
I just don't like Clausen, even if he is the "best player available". I told my buddies if the 9ers took him I'd have a hard time supporting this team anymore. He doesn't come off as a guy that "wants it", moreso that he expects it. I just don't like him from a personality standpoint to be the face of MY team.

Develop Nate Davis instead. PLEASE.
Taylor Mays

As SS
I just don't like Clausen, even if he is the "best player available". I told my buddies if the 9ers took him I'd have a hard time supporting this team anymore. He doesn't come off as a guy that "wants it", moreso that he expects it. I just don't like him from a personality standpoint to be the face of MY team.

Out of all the stupid crap the organization has done THIS is the one thing to push you over? lol

Draft Jake Locker instead. PLEASE.

Fixed.

I think we look secondary, strong safety or corner, i think were pretty set on offense besides the QB so Clausen could be an option.
Originally posted by 49ers1fan1982:
PERRISH COX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ah, forgot about Perrish Cox. He would be a nice pick too.
CB or SS
Originally posted by Dajanksta:

Out of all the stupid crap the organization has done THIS is the one thing to push you over? lol

lol
A lot of zoners want the niners to move up to get Clausen but it will require us to give up our 3rd rd. pick. Don't forget that Minnesota is picking 34 in which they need a QB to succeed Favre. They will have a choice between Clausen or Mccoy.
Share 49ersWebzone