LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 224 users in the forums

Which QB Do You Want Leading This Team?

Which QB Do You Want Leading This Team?

Of the two, Which side are you on? Who do you want leading this team?

[ Edited by PTulini on Apr 22, 2010 at 11:49 AM ]
Too easy. If the 49ers draft Clausen, then they have declared that Alex is done in SanFrancisco.

I don't want Clausen, but if the 49ers draft him then Alex is done.
But of the two, Which QB do you want leading this team?
It's Alex Smith's job to lose. If Clausen is drafted by the 49ers, he doesn't automatically become the starter. Allow Smith play consecutive years in the same system, and see how well he progresses, and allow Clausen to sit on the bench and soak in the playbook and life in the NFL.

As much as I like Clausen (I'm a huge ND fan), the 49ers need to shore up their offensive line first. Who knows how much better the offense will be with better pass protection and run blocking - neither of which they did very well last year.

Dan
49er Fan in NC
Big Ben
David Ca..I'm sticking with Alex until it's official.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Clausen, more accurate, better arm. Smith is still trying to figure out how to hit his recievers in stride.
I've been driving the "Alex Smith Bandwagon" since day one, I'm not stopping now! We need stability on offense. Not just for Alex, but the team as a whole. As we know, this will be the first time Alex has had the same offense in back to back years. I really expect a big jump in his game for 2010!
IF we draft that no good f**k Clausen, he better sit the bench for at least 1 year lets not f**k it up like they did Alex
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb

• boast
  • Hella Fame
Free Alex Smith!
IF they draft Clausen, it will be smith - carr - clausen - Davis (PS)

Then in 11 (if there is a season), Carr - Clausen - Davis
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by valrod33:
IF we draft that no good f**k Clausen, he better sit the bench for at least 1 year lets not f**k it up like they did Alex

The SMART thing to do....if Alex Blowz up, Clausen = Trade bait
I would root for which ever QB showed promise and consitency.

Hopefully is Claussen is the pick we will still be rooting for Alex Smith this season....
Originally posted by Nes49:
Originally posted by valrod33:

The SMART thing to do....if Alex Blowz up, Clausen = Trade bait

Yes -- and we're insuring against a crappy season from Alex.

Alex blows up = re-sign for 3 or 4 years, keep clausen through '11 or '12 (Alex could have a remission)

Alex Smith fails = 2nd year Clausen ready to take over.
Share 49ersWebzone