LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 269 users in the forums

With the 91st pick in the 2010 NFL draft...

• Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by al49erfan:
Bowman is an absolute stud of a LB...if he would've stayed out of trouble, he might've gone in the late 1st or very early 2nd this year.

I agree in that he is a good LB.... But i just dont see how he fits with our defense... at 6-0 242... Maybe outside linebacker maybe inside... I think he would be a Stud in a 4-3 no problem...

Spikes is around 242, and he plays the TED pretty well. He'll have the chance to learn behind TK for a year, bulk up a little, then likely take over inside next to PW.

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Here's what FoxSports.com had to say about the Bowman pick.

Quote:
Mike Singletary obviously knows linebackers, and he got a dangerous one to play next to Patrick Willis.
I love this pick more and more as time goes on.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo63:

Quote:
Mike Singletary obviously knows linebackers, and he got a dangerous one to play next to Patrick Willis.

Does he mean dangerous in a good way or bad way?
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:

This is my favorite pick so far in terms of pure football talent and ability.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:

Quote:

Does he mean dangerous in a good way or bad way?

I think he means good way.
For a late 3rd round pick, Bowman is excellent value. Do you all remember when Spikes was out last year and we had McKillop and Wilheim(sp) fail miserably for him?

There is a huge drop off from Spikes to McKillop. We needed someone to groom. Bowman is athletic enough to get to the ball carrier. Let's just hope he can shed blockers.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

Ghost, if anything he should be an upgrade over McKillop.
[ Edited by mayo63 on Apr 23, 2010 at 8:34 PM ]
I'm loving this draft! Great pick here with lots of value. An instant ST contributer and heir to takeo. Great job FO!!
Not to mention we TOOK the chargers with that trade!
[ Edited by mavfd9er on Apr 23, 2010 at 8:34 PM ]

Dude, not even close! Don't get me wrong, McKillop wasn't a bad prospect coming out of Pitt, but he's nowhere near the LB talent that Bowman is. This is a HUGE upgrade.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

Dude, not even close! Don't get me wrong, McKillop wasn't a bad prospect coming out of Pitt, but he's nowhere near the LB talent that Bowman is. This is a HUGE upgrade.

I agree, I think he's going to be a heck of a player for us.
  • 49erFanOrlandoFl
  • Info N/A
49ers found Takeo Spike's understudy finally
Originally posted by al49erfan:
Bowman is an absolute stud of a LB...if he would've stayed out of trouble, he might've gone in the late 1st or very early 2nd this year.

I agree in that he is a good LB.... But i just dont see how he fits with our defense... at 6-0 242... Maybe outside linebacker maybe inside... I think he would be a Stud in a 4-3 no problem...

Spikes is around 242, and he plays the TED pretty well. He'll have the chance to learn behind TK for a year, bulk up a little, then likely take over inside next to PW.

I actually just went to look this up myself, and was happy to find you have already posted it. Lets get over the "TED has to be huge and eat up blockers, thing." In our defense Spikes makes plenty of plays n his own right. I think TED is more about having that attacking attitude Spikes shows. One year under his tutelage and Bowman may just have the perfect skill set to man this spot. The fact that he's a playmaker, excellent in pursuit sideline to sideline, and very good in coverage is gravy. He can be a 3 down linebacker in a way that Spikes cannot. Our 4-2-5 set on third downs could be downright nasty with Bowman and Willis. Not to mention Taylor Mays dropping down into the box to come on the occasional safety blitz.

Forget the big slow mauler TED prototype. Give me 2 aggressive playmakers, like we have in Spikes and Willis, any day. Fantastic pick for the end of the 3rd round!

Yep, I like the pick too, my friend. We landed a 1st round talent by my grade. On my big board I had him going 87th overall.

A very athletic guy -- rangy player -- who is an explosive tackler. Great in stuffing the run so I imagine he'll be Spikes' successor. Made some big plays last year. 2 interceptions (1 returned for TD), a fumble returned for a TD, 17 TFL and 3 sacks.

He's not a sackmaster, so placing him on the inside might be best.

Looks like a lot of talented players could fall to that 6th round. We should land a steal there.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Apr 24, 2010 at 12:09 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone