LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 244 users in the forums

Will a 49er player get TRADED during the 3 day draft?

• OD9er
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by mayo63:
With LaBoy now in toe we don't need Manny. Trade him for a 5th and get that pick back we gave up for Ginn.

Are you serious? even 2nd or 3rd rounder isn't an even trade! Manny is productive NFL player, if not a standout. There's no guarantee a draft pick will even make the team. All he is asking is to be paid fairly; his current $625K salary isn't even 1/3 that of LaBoy's and I doubt LaBoy will have a better year than Manny. If he is on the trade block I don't get logic behind it, unless we're being dealt a 1st rounder at very least
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
We can't get a 1st rounder for Manny he's not elite. The best we could get is probably a 4th and that's probably stretching it.
trade manny
Originally posted by GEEK:
Originally posted by PTulini:
Manny Lawson for a 4th.

Why would we trade Manny Lawson? Better yet, why should we trade Manny Lawson?

Because his contract is up after this year and we aren't going to throw money at him?
If we trade Lawson, let it be for a starting O lineman.
  • Envy
  • Veteran
Its very interesting prospect. I would like to retain Manny for another year to see if his production improves but I can understand the calls for his head. Alternatively we seem to have went from having no decent WR to now owning a bunch of them. I could see a move made there to free up a late round. Also even though it is only his second season its unclear if Coffee will make an impact at this level.
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by znk916:
Originally posted by valrod33:
yes, Brian Jennings for Eric Berry

wtf you'd trade away the heart and soul of our team for some rookie with a fruity last name????

well it is San Francisco

We like our food group last names!

You know...I thought we could make some moves this offseason and we have. The Ginn and LaBoy signings are great. Now, we hear of Manny Lawson being on the trading block which is great news because for years now, fellow Zoners have been yelling at the top of their lungs that he is not a 3-4 Backer, but a 4-3 one...C'mon on down MadDog and friends. You were right.

So we signed LaBoy, but he's only signed for one year...stop gap and depth maybe, but not the franchise pass rusher we still need.

Maybe we do get Graham or Kindle in the first or Ricky Sapp in the second. Man, everyday this week since last Friday has been full of excitement. It seems we are not done yet.

Tomorrow, I expect Manny Lawson to be no longer a member of the SF 49ers. The writing is definitely on the wall.

Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
If so, predict who. I have a feeling we may deal Manny Lawson for a 4th or 5th rd pick.

lol get out the here dude
Originally posted by TeambyTheBay:
If so, predict who. I have a feeling we may deal Manny Lawson for a 4th or 5th rd pick.

Why is that so far fetched? Holmes for a fifth, Ginn for a Fifth, Carriker for a fifth...

Originally posted by OD9er:
Originally posted by mayo63:
With LaBoy now in toe we don't need Manny. Trade him for a 5th and get that pick back we gave up for Ginn.

Are you serious? even 2nd or 3rd rounder isn't an even trade! Manny is productive NFL player, if not a standout. There's no guarantee a draft pick will even make the team. All he is asking is to be paid fairly; his current $625K salary isn't even 1/3 that of LaBoy's and I doubt LaBoy will have a better year than Manny. If he is on the trade block I don't get logic behind it, unless we're being dealt a 1st rounder at very least

I agree with everything you said except the 1st round thing. That is not going to happen.
Originally posted by ninertico:

Why is that so far fetched? Holmes for a fifth, Ginn for a Fifth, Carriker for a fifth...

Because Manny has more value than any of them. We know why Holmes went for such a low price (The Steelers took what they could or were just going to release him), Ginn fumbles 20% of his punt returns, and Carriker has been a major disappointment.

Lawson may have been a disappointment to YOU because he isn't the player you expected but he's much more valuable to more teams than any of those guys because he is a very good NFL pro.
Originally posted by Gavintech:

Because Manny has more value than any of them. We know why Holmes went for such a low price (The Steelers took what they could or were just going to release him), Ginn fumbles 20% of his punt returns, and Carriker has been a major disappointment.

Lawson may have been a disappointment to YOU because he isn't the player you expected but he's much more valuable to more teams than any of those guys because he is a very good NFL pro.

For sure, I think if he ends up in a 4-3 he will be one hell of an outside backer. When you watch him he does everything well but rush the passer for us. He sets the edge he covers well pursues well and is pretty disciplined. If only he could rush the passer
Originally posted by redmanc07:
Originally posted by Gavintech:

For sure, I think if he ends up in a 4-3 he will be one hell of an outside backer. When you watch him he does everything well but rush the passer for us. He sets the edge he covers well pursues well and is pretty disciplined. If only he could rush the passer

Wouldn't he be a defensive end in a 4-3? I really don't see him being an OLB in a 4-3.
  • OD9er
  • Info N/A
I rather we have him play out the final season of his contract and see if he's worth another year than try to trade a 3rd or 4th round pick and see if they'll make the team! Anybody remember Bear Pascoe!, and while we're talking trade why not trade Kentwan Balmer(oh thats right nobody wants him except us)
Share 49ersWebzone