LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 411 users in the forums

49ers | Could move up in draft

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
LOL.

Maybe it wasn't such a great idea for the Yorks to get rid of Scot M. My guess is after the draft we are going to miss him a lot. This is going to be really bad.

I wouldn't pick that guy if he came to us at #13 or #17. I doubt I would pick him at #49. But the 49ers these days don't make sense.

hey there fair weather fan...you should go into weather reporting so you have a 50/50 chance on whether your post is relevant...better odds that way
Originally posted by GoldenIowa49er:
LOL.

Maybe it wasn't such a great idea for the Yorks to get rid of Scot M. My guess is after the draft we are going to miss him a lot. This is going to be really bad.

I wouldn't pick that guy if he came to us at #13 or #17. I doubt I would pick him at #49. But the 49ers these days don't make sense.

hey there fair weather fan...you should go into weather reporting so you have a 50/50 chance on whether your post is relevant...better odds that way

So you think it was a good move to get rid of the GM weeks before the draft? Wait until the draft. You will be crying too.
Please let us trade up for Berry....
This is all just a ploy
LOL.

So you think it was a good move to get rid of the GM weeks before the draft? Wait until the draft. You will be crying too.

Laboy and Ginn

Versus

Drunk Boy and Gin
LOL.

so far baalke has been proactive in getting people in here to help out. Ginn was a great move. way better than blowing 1-3 round pick on a return man he gets Ginn whos one of the best return men in the league for a 5th. and ginn will contribute as a receiver. laboy is another solid signing. im not worried about baalke drafting, he knows what we need and he'll go get it
LOL.

Wow...i love how optimistic 49ers fans are
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by foreign49er:
Please let us trade up for Berry....

That's the trade up I'm talk'N about!!!! But not for two 1st round picks I'm not!!!

49ers = 13th pick, 49th pick and 6th round pick = Eric Berry
I'd consider myself a Smith hater, but even I don't want Clausen... maybe at 17. But that would depend a lot on who's available as well.
The guy to trade up for is BERRY. He can cover AND play the run. Just look at who we play this year. NO, Philly, ATL, AZ, etc. Our pass D needs to be really good.

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
The guy to trade up for is BERRY. He can cover AND play the run. Just look at who we play this year. NO, Philly, ATL, AZ, etc. Our pass D needs to be really good.

Man if we traded up for Eric Berry I think I would feel like I just won a million dollars!!!

We'd have a DB version of Patrick Willis!!!
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Man if we traded up for Eric Berry I think I would feel like I just won a million dollars!!!

Yeap it'd be absolutely amazing. I would totally support that. IF we trade up, that's who to get. And it wouldn'y completely surprise me if the "we're going to trade up for Clausen thing" is a smokescreen as in, we're going to trade up, but not for Clausen. That way the teams who don't want JC like KC or Cleveland but want a secondary guy like Haden or Berry might deal with us, thinking we're not going to take their guy. This could all be gamesmanship so who knows. All I know is I'd be ridiculously happy if we got Berry.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Yeap it'd be absolutely amazing. I would totally support that. IF we trade up, that's who to get. And it wouldn'y completely surprise me if the "we're going to trade up for Clausen thing" is a smokescreen as in, we're going to trade up, but not for Clausen. That way the teams who don't want JC like KC or Cleveland but want a secondary guy like Haden or Berry might deal with us, thinking we're not going to take their guy. This could all be gamesmanship so who knows. All I know is I'd be ridiculously happy if we got Berry.

Pretty much the only team I can think of that REALLY needs Berry is Cleveland. But with as much as holes Cleveland has, would it be wise for them to take Berry?? They don't have any weapons on offense besides Josh Cribbs, nor do they have a set situation at QB, Holmgrens crazy if hes gonna depend on Delhomme staying healthy. Cleveland reminds me of our team in 2004 32nd on offense and 31st on defense....tell me did we have any means to target a DB in 2005??
LOL.

yeah i do...kind of sets a bad example when your GM is coming to work drunk or just plain not showing up

and no i won't be crying when we draft this year because our draft board was essentially set in the first place so this is still a heavily influenced mccloughan draft...i can mail you a box of kleenex if you shed too many tears though
Not only we could we should move up to get one of the big OT in this draft !
Share 49ersWebzone