There are 160 users in the forums

If the coaching staff feels boone is a quality Starting RT....

How do you feel that changes our draft overall, and who do you think we will take in the 1st?
i think it all depends on whats there. we really need line help so Iupati is definitely an option at 17 if he's there. earl thomas and haden could be considered with our picks too. i think 13 is a luxury pick if the top OT's are gone. singletary and baalke want playmakers and improved team speed and i think theyll go after that in the draft.
I think any of the top 4 OTs would give us more piece of mind when it comes to not having to worry about the RT position beside a few rookie moments with the potential to upgrade the LT position. However, I think there are a bunch of players that should be there in the 2nd or later that could be solid starters on the right side eventually with almost no chance to play on the left side like Young, Black, Fox or Saffold. If the coaching staff likes Boone that much it might give them the option of the Iupati at RT experiment and whoever losses the competition between the 2 can be moved to guard.
We still draft a ROT
how can they think he's a quality starting RT when they haven't seen him play
Originally posted by flynhayn15:
I think any of the top 4 OTs would give us more piece of mind when it comes to not having to worry about the RT position beside a few rookie moments with the potential to upgrade the LT position. However, I think there are a bunch of players that should be there in the 2nd or later that could be solid starters on the right side eventually with almost no chance to play on the left side like Young, Black, Fox or Saffold. If the coaching staff likes Boone that much it might give them the option of the Iupati at RT experiment and whoever losses the competition between the 2 can be moved to guard.

I really hope we don't draft Iupati to play RT. That would make me angry since we're already weak in the middle. If we draft Iupati, draft him to play OG.

BTW, it's "peace of mind" as in calmness. We don't want a physical portion of someone's brain.
If the coaching staff feels boone is a quality Starting RT....

...they must be smoking the good stuff.
that's where i'd go with that.
Originally posted by jeremy300:
How do you feel that changes our draft overall, and who do you think we will take in the 1st?

If one of the top tier guys (probably Bulaga) falls to #13, I think the Niners still have to take him.

If that doesn't happen, Boone gives the team some flexibility, allowing them to go to Plan B, which appears to be: take a second tier OT later in the draft, and still focus on impact players in the first--Haden, Spiller, Graham, Wilson, D. Williams, etc.
He's not, and they don't.

And if they do, they all deserve to be fired.
u can never have too many OT/O-lineman

I doubt they have pitted their future to a guy with alcohol, weight, and character issues in the past. Simply too risky.

Boone is a bonus if he makes the roster, and if he can back up somebody in this league.
You mean Boone, the guy that hasn't played a snap? The guy that has yet to fight off a pass-rusher or adjust to a line call in-game? The guy that's on the practice squad? Hey I'm all for him being good, but Alex Boone does not change our draft in any way. If anything he will provide depth and competition.
It is not going to change anything. How can you assess anyone just because of 1 OTA, and the fact that he lost weight and has a new attitude?

He hasn't hit anyone in a preseason game let alone a game.

If they don't draft an OT in the first round it is because the one they targeted is not there and they did not want to reach and they feel Sims can fill in this year. Not because of Boone.

Plus the option to trade for Gaithers still exists, though the browns may up the ante.
[ Edited by WildBill on Apr 19, 2010 at 12:12 PM ]
Originally posted by lamontb:
how can they think he's a quality starting RT when they haven't seen him play

Yeah, that's what I want to know..
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
You mean Boone, the guy that hasn't played a snap? The guy that has yet to fight off a pass-rusher or adjust to a line call in-game? The guy that's on the practice squad? Hey I'm all for him being good, but Alex Boone does not change our draft in any way. If anything he will provide depth and competition.

Yeah that's the boy. So do we not need to draft a tackle because he is there. Urrmmm. That's a tough one. The question is, do we want an O line or not? Boone is a project. A gamble. A long shot. Great if it comes off but ,......
Share 49ersWebzone