There are 239 users in the forums

MadDog's Big 255 Board: Final Weekend Edition

Originally posted by AB83Rules:
as always MD great Job, dont agree with Davis at 6, but you never know.

Again props buddy,

At 6, it looks like the Hawks come down to Berry, Davis, Bulaga. I just think they pull the trigger on a franchise LT, and Davis is the player with the greatest upside of all the OT's in the draft.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:

Again props buddy,

At 6, it looks like the Hawks come down to Berry, Davis, Bulaga. I just think they pull the trigger on a franchise LT, and Davis is the player with the greatest upside of all the OT's in the draft.

i agree on upside, and its definitely possible, and maybe probable he goes top 10, i can see Bradford, the 4 OT's(Bulaga, Trent, Okung and Davis), the 2 Safeties(Earl and Berry), Spiller, Haden and Morgan going top 10, with possibilities of Campbell and Clausen going top 10.

But overall, as usuall i tip my cap you and say u are my favorite draft guy with OTC and Ghost, you 3 make me love this part of the zone.
Originally posted by jta854:
Dan Williams seem kinda low. But thanks for your work.

Williams could go as early as 12 to Miami, but after that team, most of the next teams on the board run 4-3 defenses (outside of the Niners). Seattle (14); NYG (15); Tennessee (16); Atlanta (19); Houston (20): all run 4-3 defenses. Pitt just signed Hampton for three more years.

Most analysts believe Williams is best suited as a 3-4 NT, although I think he'd be just fine in a 4-3 set.

Someone has to drop. The only question is: Who? I think it is Williams.
Originally posted by bergy07:
MD, what are your thoughts on Kyle Wilson and do you think the 49ers are at all considering him at 17 (if OT is selected at 13) should the Titans not select him at 16?

Unless the Titans are putting on a tremendous smokescreen, they REALLY want a DE, badly. JPP reminds many of Kearse, and his upside is huge. The Titans could go CB, but may feel that the addition of Tye Hill is enough to cover them for this year.

As for Wilson, I think the Niners have a lot of interest....however, the trade for Ginn eliminated one major reason to select Wilson, in punt returns.

The team could easily still select him. I just think the versatility of Thomas may be more attractive to the Niners in a Thomas-Wilson comparison.

Again props buddy,

i agree on upside, and its definitely possible, and maybe probable he goes top 10, i can see Bradford, the 4 OT's(Bulaga, Trent, Okung and Davis), the 2 Safeties(Earl and Berry), Spiller, Haden and Morgan going top 10, with possibilities of Campbell and Clausen going top 10.

But overall, as usuall i tip my cap you and say u are my favorite draft guy with OTC and Ghost, you 3 make me love this part of the zone.

Thanks for your kind words. The draft is the ultimate crap shoot. You can put in hundreds of hours of research, and then some team like the Raiders drafts Mike Mitchell in the second round (at least I was one of the few who had him in the seven round draft, at all..although I projected him as a sixth rounder).

Those who say they've got it all figured out are delusional. The draft is humbling, very humbling. There are hundreds of players out there, and it is nearly impossible to read the minds of teams and scouts.

Again props buddy,

Thanks for your kind words. The draft is the ultimate crap shoot. You can put in hundreds of hours of research, and then some team like the Raiders drafts Mike Mitchell in the second round (at least I was one of the few who had him in the seven round draft, at all..although I projected him as a sixth rounder).

Those who say they've got it all figured out are delusional. The draft is humbling, very humbling. There are hundreds of players out there, and it is nearly impossible to read the minds of teams and scouts.

i know, its so tough to estimate or predict each pick, cause a team like oakland throws a screwball and messes the draft and mocks up.

Again props buddy,

Last year, I was shocked to be taken to the woodshed by the over 50 missed players (out of the 256). I had no idea that I beat out the experts, in some cases by 20-30 picks. It just seemed impossible. That is the humiliation, which brings out the challenge each year.

Again props buddy,

i know, its so tough to estimate or predict each pick, cause a team like oakland throws a screwball and messes the draft and mocks up.

Exactly. So, if the Raiders pass on Campbell at 8, how far does he fall? To the Cowboys at 27? To the second round? It is madness.

The same goes for Clausen. I have him at 10, but I can easily see him down in the 20's. Many, many variables.
  • GORO
  • Veteran
Dez Bryant falls to 21, I hope he turns out to be J.J. Stokes and not another Andre Johnson.

I see you have Sergio Kindle at #29, I am not to impressed by him.

MAD DOG, I think the niners take Thomas at 13 cause seattle needs a saftey and picks 14. Then at 17 they take Charles Brown or Lupati
But overall, as usuall i tip my cap you and say u are my favorite draft guy with OTC, Ghost, MadDog, and AB83Rules make me love this part of the zone.

btw, THANKS AGAIN FOR ALL THE HARD WORKD MADDOG!!!
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 23zack80:
Originally posted by SFL49ER:
George Selvie; late sixth rounder? Big Drop?

Shoot no doubt I'd take George Selvie in the 6th, don't have to ask me twice!!!!
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by 23zack80:
Originally posted by SFL49ER:
George Selvie; late sixth rounder? Big Drop?

Shoot no doubt I'd take George Selvie in the 6th, don't have to ask me twice!!!!

Selvie just doesn't have much explosiveness anymore. It may be that injuries are beginning to add up. A 30" vertical at 250 pounds is simply not very good, 9' broad jump, and slow ten yard splits. For a guy who has never shown much physical strength in the pass rush, these are troubling numbers.
Originally posted by GORO:
Dez Bryant falls to 21, I hope he turns out to be J.J. Stokes and not another Andre Johnson.

I see you have Sergio Kindle at #29, I am not to impressed by him.

MAD DOG, I think the niners take Thomas at 13 cause seattle needs a saftey and picks 14. Then at 17 they take Charles Brown or Lupati

Seattle is a major, major player in this draft, and has to make a tough call: safety, then OT, or OT then safety. Or DE. They'd be seriously rolling the dice if they pass on a LT at 6. BUt, then again, in my opinion, Berry is the best player in the draft, so I'd take that risk.
Thanks for the 255 board, it is most helpful. When do we get your official draft, and the officail MadDog's guess on what the Niners will do in their draft?
Share 49ersWebzone