LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 347 users in the forums

Joe Haden is Horribly Overrated

I don't want him at all. I think he's overrated too.
Im so glad this subject has been posted i dont want haden either (rather have wilson) i think he is overrated and i dont see him playing good on tape. if we do get a DB i hope its earl thomas or wilson at 17
Originally posted by Hawaii49erfan:
Im so glad this subject has been posted i dont want haden either (rather have wilson) i think he is overrated and i dont see him playing good on tape. if we do get a DB i hope its earl thomas or wilson at 17

u dont see him playing good on tape are u serious? u probally cant see him on tape because the ball is going to the other WR
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by Hawaii49erfan:

u dont see him playing good on tape are u serious? u probally cant see him on tape because the ball is going to the other WR

GOOD POINT!!
What's worst than a TV draft guru criticizing scouts who scout for a living on the highest possible professional level? Fans who criticize scouts, TV draft guru or real professional scout, thinking that they know something.
Originally posted by Niners23:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
No he isn't. Dude shut down LaFell and Gilyard this year. Plus he ran a much better 40 at his pro day after recovering from his back injury. He's not undersized either, he's nearly 5'11'' and there are plenty of CBs in the NFL 5'11''. Nate Clements was considered big and physical and he's only 5'10''. Shawntae Spencer is 6'0''. Asante Samuel is like 5'10''. Size certainly helps but he's not undersized like a Tarel Brown or Dre Bly(5'9'') and he's not slow.

Clements is 6'0"
Clements at NFL.com

Yeah he's listed at 6'0'' but when talking about our CBs before Sing said that Nate is under 6'0'' and he's listed there generally. Most players heights are in shoes/cleats and rounding up. Just look at what they do in the NBA. I'm sticking to what I said, he's not a huge corner. In shoes Haden is going to be pretty much the same height.
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Originally posted by SFCH3DDERZ:
um pretty sure our scouts did their homework. they will know if or not to pick him up.

so as long as the scouts do their homework they are guaranteed not to draft busts? Dammit why didnt our scouts do their homework on Reggie McGrew, Mike Rumph, Rashaun Woods, Kentwan Balmer

what u think we are the only team that drafts bad players?

goddam whiner fans
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
I like Wilson from Boise St. if we trade down, I just see him becoming a better corner in this league than Haden. I wouldn't mind either of them

I've seen him play a couple times at Oregon, and that is not what I saw at all, he was a very physical corner and didn't give our WR any room to catch the ball. It was a tough game to watch for our passing game

All Oregon games were tough to watch when it came to your passing game... gonna be even worse if Darron Thomas starts a QB.
  • LA49erFan4ever
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:
What's worst than a TV draft guru criticizing scouts who scout for a living on the highest possible professional level? Fans who criticize scouts, TV draft guru or real professional scout, thinking that they know something.

so then you would agree that mel kiper calling jj stokes the next jerry rice is pretty accurate?? or that mel kiper stating that ryan leaf had the perfect attitude to be successful in the NFL was pretty spot on?? i mean who are we to criticize these scouts and analyst right??

• LA49erFan4ever
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Originally posted by SFCH3DDERZ:
um pretty sure our scouts did their homework. they will know if or not to pick him up.

so as long as the scouts do their homework they are guaranteed not to draft busts? Dammit why didnt our scouts do their homework on Reggie McGrew, Mike Rumph, Rashaun Woods, Kentwan Balmer

that pretty much sums it up..

Originally posted by al49erfan:
I like Wilson from Boise St. if we trade down, I just see him becoming a better corner in this league than Haden. I wouldn't mind either of them

I've seen him play a couple times at Oregon, and that is not what I saw at all, he was a very physical corner and didn't give our WR any room to catch the ball. It was a tough game to watch for our passing game

All Oregon games were tough to watch when it came to your passing game... gonna be even worse if Darron Thomas starts a QB.

Not true at all, Massoli was a horrific passer. HORRIFIC. he had no accuracy and just threw the ball as hard as he could every time. Darron Thomas is actually an accurate passer. Hes already played in one game a couple years ago against Boise St. and he threw for 200 yards and 3 touchdowns in 1 quarter.

but this isn't an oregon football thread.. go kyle wilson
what are you smoking, joe haden is a crazy gifted athlete and plays lights out. If you think he is over rated you have obviously never watched him play.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Seriously, what's with all the damn 'Joe Haden at #13' love throughout every mock draft on the web lately? I've seen endless tape on this guy (bowls/highlights/regular games) and I find his draft stock to be very misleading (within terms of delusional college-super-stardom over the realistic payoff in the NFL).

1. Haden was working with THE BEST D-LINE IN THE NATION (at Florida), so Joe barely had to worry about relying upon 'raw' instinctual coverage situations, and looked REALLY good because he had guys like Ahmad Black and Major Wright behind him, allowing Haden to harp upon (spread-out) positional advantages.

2. Guys built like Haden can only (really) find NFL success within stoic Tampa-2 based defenses (which we're not), where Joe would rarely play man coverage (based on how undersized Joe is realistically going to be compared to #1 WRs in the NFL).

Yes, Joe has NFL-ready potential (and playing in the SEC helps a lot), but no speed or fluidity (and I'm not even counting the misleading 40-time bs, this dude just has a low-motor). -Now I'm not bringing hate on this guy, but I'm just saying he isn't worth more than a mid-20 pick, taking him at the #13 spot sounds a little 'over the top'.

What do you mean by over rated? Any CB that falls to 13 means that he is not expected (unanimously, maybe the jets expected Revis to be be a shutdown) to be a shutdown corner like Sanders, Bailey, Woodson who were all drafted near the top 5 but should be a solid starter for years like Cromatie, Jammer, D Robinson, C Mcallister, M Trufant and so on. I think Haden at worst will have be a solid starter and better than what we have now and at best be maybe become a top corner. Either way He would be worth the 13th pick. However, if both him and Thomas and one of the top 4 tackles are availible at 13 and the Seahawks already took a OT then I would rather them draft Thomas at 13 and the 4th OT at 17 because the OT will be there at 17 unless someone trades up because Tenn and NYG will not draft an OT. If thomas is gone though I have no problem with Haden at 13.
I think most players are over-rated. And shortly to be overpaid.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Seriously, what's with all the damn 'Joe Haden at #13' love throughout every mock draft on the web lately? I've seen endless tape on this guy (bowls/highlights/regular games) and I find his draft stock to be very misleading (within terms of delusional college-super-stardom over the realistic payoff in the NFL).

1. Haden was working with THE BEST D-LINE IN THE NATION (at Florida), so Joe barely had to worry about relying upon 'raw' instinctual coverage situations, and looked REALLY good because he had guys like Ahmad Black and Major Wright behind him, allowing Haden to harp upon (spread-out) positional advantages.

2. Guys built like Haden can only (really) find NFL success within stoic Tampa-2 based defenses (which we're not), where Joe would rarely play man coverage (based on how undersized Joe is realistically going to be compared to #1 WRs in the NFL).

Yes, Joe has NFL-ready potential (and playing in the SEC helps a lot), but no speed or fluidity (and I'm not even counting the misleading 40-time bs, this dude just has a low-motor). -Now I'm not bringing hate on this guy, but I'm just saying he isn't worth more than a mid-20 pick, taking him at the #13 spot sounds a little 'over the top'.

Umm, prob the worse post in webzone history.
Share 49ersWebzone