LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 223 users in the forums

MadDog's 49ers Draft Board- Stacking the Board

Originally posted by GEEK:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Based on my board, at the 30th pick, the best avaliable players are now (passing on the OL):
1) Nate Allen
2) Morgan Burnett
3) Akwasi Owusu-Ansah
4) Arrelious Benn
5) Sergio Kindle
6) Jerry Hughes

Well, no more Hughes now. I had him going 43rd overall to Miami.

Ansah needs to be the pick for the 49ers if available. The 49ers can always resign Mark Roman or sign Gibril Wilson in free agency if they want to address the 4th S spot.

But it seems as though the 49ers want to give Reggie Smith a chance in 2010 without stiff competition. The next option would be to draft a CB that will primarily contribute on special teams, allowing Clements to prove himself...again.

Ansah fits the bill.

I'm hopeful for any of the following: Allen, Owsusu-Ansah, Burnett, R.Jones, or Franks. Murphy and Spievey in the 3rd-4th would be fine as well.
Originally posted by 804Niner:
According to my draft board, the Niners picked up the 8th and 12th best players for the 11th and 17th overall picks. Good value selections.

Brilliant start so far.

I couldnt have said it any better myself

At positions of dire need as well. Incredible.
Based on my board, at the 30th pick, the best avaliable players are now (passing on the OL):
1) Nate Allen
2) Morgan Burnett
3) Akwasi Owusu-Ansah
4) Arrelious Benn
5) Sergio Kindle
6) Jerry Hughes

Ansah needs to be the pick for the 49ers if available. The 49ers can always resign Mark Roman or sign Gibril Wilson in free agency if they want to address the 4th S spot.

But it seems as though the 49ers want to give Reggie Smith a chance in 2010 without stiff competition. The next option would be to draft a CB that will primarily contribute on special teams, allowing Clements to prove himself...again.

Ansah fits the bill.

I'm hopeful for any of the following: Allen, Owsusu-Ansah, Burnett, R.Jones, or Franks. Murphy and Spievey in the 3rd-4th would be fine as well.

Jones and Murphy and I will need a clean pair of shorts
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
1) Nate Allen
2) Morgan Burnett
3) Akwasi Owusu-Ansah
4) Arrelious Benn
5) Sergio Kindle
6) Jerry Hughes

Ansah fits the bill.

What 4th?
it will help us that Mccoy, Clausen, C.Brown, and Saffold will likely go before we pick. Not to mention some receivers too.
1) Nate Allen
2) Morgan Burnett
3) Akwasi Owusu-Ansah
4) Arrelious Benn
5) Sergio Kindle
6) Jerry Hughes

Ansah fits the bill.

I'm hoping for Allen or Owsusu-Ansah....

That would make this an amazing draft imo.
Originally posted by drake49er:
1) Nate Allen
2) Morgan Burnett
3) Akwasi Owusu-Ansah
4) Arrelious Benn
5) Sergio Kindle
6) Jerry Hughes

Ansah fits the bill.

I'm hoping for Allen or Owsusu-Ansah....

That would make this an amazing draft imo.

WORD!!!
What do you guys think about Taylor Mays?
Originally posted by teeohh:

Draft Him
Originally posted by valrod33:

Draft Him

I'd rather take Akwasi Owusu-Ansah over Mays

I wouldn't be entirely opposed as an in the box safety and pro bowl special teams guy... obviously his coverage ability is out of the question. I see Singletary REALLY liking him. Solid value in the mid 2nd given that we need a strong safety (not a free safety)
Originally posted by 49oz2superbowl:

I wouldn't be entirely opposed as an in the box safety and pro bowl special teams guy... obviously his coverage ability is out of the question. I see Singletary REALLY liking him. Solid value in the mid 2nd given that we need a strong safety (not a free safety)

Do we ask for Lewis to cover a lot? really not sure
Maddog, where is dan lefevour on your big board?
Originally posted by 49oz2superbowl:

Do we ask for Lewis to cover a lot? really not sure

Coverage is important for every safety. If they blitz the backers that leaves Lewis to check the back's and te's in certain sets. You can't put a safety on the field and expect him to only be in the box. That's called Adam Archuletta. And good coordinators will get mis matches to exploit him if his coverage skills are that bad. Lewis is better in the box but he is asked to cover and sometimes if they play zone he has to stay and cover with in that zone and not let wr's get behind him. In today's NFL with all the passing you need to able to cover as well as play in the box.

We already have McKillop to back up at ILB.
Share 49ersWebzone