LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 282 users in the forums

This is something Coach Walsh would do!

Originally posted by ninerprophet:
I think coach walsh would relish in the plethra of talent and potential talent in this draft. I think he would trade the 13th pick away for more draft picks to acquire more second rounders that would build a better foundation for a super bowl run. I can see him trading the 13th pick to the patriots for their 22nd pick and possibly their two second rounders or at least the first second rounder. And in the later senario we would politly ask for a fourth rounder to consemate the deal. Let's take a look at some of the players he would pick in this senario.

17. Olb. Brandon Graham= Beast unblockable pass rusher Niners need desparetly

22. Ot. Rodger Saffold= Big Mauler who will not be available after 22

44. Cb. Devan Mccoutrey= Cb that could turn out to be game changer on special teams

47. Rb. Jahvid Best= Playmaker on third downs and special teams who would add another level of speed and playmaking ability the niners so desperaetly needs.

This scenario is for a blockbuster deal so come on with your opinions!

problem is that the team run most similar to the Walsh niners is today's Billicik's Pats. They wouldnt trade 4 picks for 1, in fact they have 4 picks because they think the same way about drafting as Walsh did. Also, I agree that in this particular draft Walsh might have tried to acquire more picks later on, but I think it's very pretentious to try and pretend that we know what players he would have picked. If anyone here could forecast the choices of the greatest drafter of all time than they would be raking in the millions as the NFL's geatest GM.
Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:
I think coach walsh would relish in the plethra of talent and potential talent in this draft. I think he would trade the 13th pick away for more draft picks to acquire more second rounders that would build a better foundation for a super bowl run. I can see him trading the 13th pick to the patriots for their 22nd pick and possibly their two second rounders or at least the first second rounder. And in the later senario we would politly ask for a fourth rounder to consemate the deal. Let's take a look at some of the players he would pick in this senario.

44. Cb. Devan Mccoutrey= Cb that could turn out to be game changer on special teams

47. Rb. Jahvid Best= Playmaker on third downs and special teams who would add another level of speed and playmaking ability the niners so desperaetly needs.

problem is that the team run most similar to the Walsh niners is today's Billicik's Pats. They wouldnt trade 4 picks for 1, in fact they have 4 picks because they think the same way about drafting as Walsh did. Also, I agree that in this particular draft Walsh might have tried to acquire more picks later on, but I think it's very pretentious to try and pretend that we know what players he would have picked. If anyone here could forecast the choices of the greatest drafter of all time than they would be raking in the millions as the NFL's geatest GM.

Don't be so pritzy when it comes to my opionion of what Bill Walsh might do.

WTF does "pritzy" mean? Is that even a word?

One big problem with your whole scenario.......if the Pats trade up it will be to grab Brandon Graham. They would do it to beat the Packers to the punch who also want a 3-4 OLB.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:

WTF does "pritzy" mean? Is that even a word?

One big problem with your whole scenario.......if the Pats trade up it will be to grab Brandon Graham. They would do it to beat the Packers to the punch who also want a 3-4 OLB.

Okay you are validating my point of why they will try to trade up for graham! Dah!
Originally posted by valrod33:
Coach walsh is dead

Yeah but didn't he come back to life 3 days later?
A couple things:

1.) A few posters have already said this, but NE loves to trade back, not trade up, they would most definitely not do this trade.

2.) People keep clamoring to trade up or down. Trading up is easy, as several teams are looking to move back and gain extra picks in this deep draft. However, that also makes trading back very difficult, because it will be hard to find trade partners. This draft is great in that it has solid talent even until the 3rd round. However, the problem is that there isn't really a lot of top-tier talent that teams would want to trade into the top half of the 1st round for knowing that this is such a deep draft.

Everyone wants to trade down, and I think you'll see movement in the 2nd round, but not a lot in the top of the 1st, so don't be surprised if there is no one that wants to trade with us for #13 or #17.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9erred:
If you live in madden world and could guarantee that talent would drop in the second round, then yes.

Saffold, 22 is too high.

CB in rutgers will not last until 44

Best will be gone by 47.

I would rather.

13. Spiller
17 Brandom Graham

Trade 2nd and third round pick to trade up and take best available OT.

Kid from USC
Saffold
Vladmir Ducasse

Hey I like that scenario as well.

Yeah that's pretty sweet.
Originally posted by 9erred:
If you live in madden world and could guarantee that talent would drop in the second round, then yes.

Saffold, 22 is too high.

CB in rutgers will not last until 44

Best will be gone by 47.

I would rather.

13. Spiller
17 Brandom Graham

Trade 2nd and third round pick to trade up and take best available OT.

Kid from USC
Saffold
Vladmir Ducasse

This would make me the happiest man in the world.
Share 49ersWebzone