LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 212 users in the forums

Seachickens hold the key to our draft

• GORO
  • Veteran
This is how I see the draft for the 49ers;

If the Seachickens pick an OT at Pick #6 then the Niners will draft the best available players on their board at both #13 and #17.

But if the Seachickesn pass on an OT at #6 then when the Niners select at #13 they will have to select the highest rated OT on the board, due the Seachickens picking at #14 and having a grave need at OT as well.

So of all the top 10 picks, the Seachickens will hold the key to what we do in round 1.
Interesting take.

-9fA
i agree, if SEA or Oak or Buf all pass on OT's then we will take the one (s) that slid but if the top 3 or 4 OT's are taken when the niners pick, then we would have to reach for the 4th or 5th OT.....which we should not do....especially when Spiller, Bryant, Thomas Hayden might be there instead of reaching for a OT.........A great way to avoid this is by trading for Gaither and picking the BPA in the draft instead of this guessing game
  • GORO
  • Veteran
Originally posted by elguapo:
i agree, if SEA or Oak or Buf all pass on OT's then we will take the one (s) that slid but if the top 3 or 4 OT's are taken when the niners pick, then we would have to reach for the 4th or 5th OT.....which we should not do....especially when Spiller, Bryant, Thomas Hayden might be there instead of reaching for a OT.........A great way to avoid this is by trading for Gaither and picking the BPA in the draft instead of this guessing game

I'm not high on Gaither, but I think the Niners should just draft the Best player available.
Originally posted by GORO:
This is how I see the draft for the 49ers;

If the Seachickens pick an OT at Pick #6 then the Niners will draft the best available players on their board at both #13 and #17.

But if the Seachickesn pass on an OT at #6 then when the Niners select at #13 they will have to select the highest rated OT on the board, due the Seachickens picking at #14 and having a grave need at OT as well.

So of all the top 10 picks, the Seachickens will hold the key to what we do in round 1.

Actually I wouldn't be suprised to see a draft day trade for Marshall by Seattle.
Originally posted by GORO:
Originally posted by elguapo:

I'm not high on Gaither, but I think the Niners should just draft the Best player available.

Im not a Gaither fan either but I think SEA will take the best OT available at 6 and we will have to choose between Davis, Campbell and Brown. If this is the case I hope we go Spiller at 13 and Brown at 17.
theres a lot of talk in seattle about not taking a tackle at 6 and taking eric berry if he is there, their reasoning is why take the 3rd best tackle at #6 when u can get the best player at another position on a team with plenty of holes
i also think marshall is going to seattle and the brutal part about it for niner fans is it isnt going to cost them a first rounder, they are going to get him for the 60th pick and maybe a player

We should and ask for ???

We own the 13 and 17 and can go after any or

Just relax, Seachicks cant affect us anymore than any other team.

Also if they pick a tackle at 6, and Anthony Davis falls to us at 13, we can pick BPA and pick him at 17 because after us is the Seachickens, Giants, and Titans. None of them would need a tackle.

• GORO
  • Veteran
So Brandon Marshall trade to Seattle would really help us to land a Tackle.
Share 49ersWebzone