There are 200 users in the forums

OT Bryan Bulaga's Draft Stock Could Be Falling!

Originally posted by PTulini:
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
Supposedly the Chiefs secretly prefer Trent Williams over Bulaga and if the Chiefs and Seahawks pass on him he could drop to 13 but I don't see it happening.

Personally, I could see the Chiefs selecting S Eric Berry.

Why do you think so? Chiefs philosophy is to go with the strongest position + need, not BAP. Last year Jackson was no where near the 3rd best player. Pioli loves his lineman. Doesn't someone on his staff have a strong connection to Iowa's coach? If Okung goes to Wash., Bulaga goes to KC.
Originally posted by LottOfDefense:
Supposedly the Chiefs secretly prefer Trent Williams over Bulaga and if the Chiefs and Seahawks pass on him he could drop to 13 but I don't see it happening.

Why do you think so? Chiefs philosophy is to go with the strongest position + need, not BAP. Last year Jackson was no where near the 3rd best player. Pioli loves his lineman. Doesn't someone on his staff have a strong connection to Iowa's coach? If Okung goes to Wash., Bulaga goes to KC.

i personally think they go for berry or mcclain their defense was pretty bad last year

Are you telling me that you don't think Eric Berry is the strongest player at his position AND an area of need for Kansas City? That secondary is horrible!

Also, if I'm not mistaken, KC Chiefs new DC Romeo Crennel ran Eric Berry's Pro Day. So KC definitely got an up-close look at Berry!

[ Edited by PTulini on Apr 6, 2010 at 20:21:06 ]
From what I've seen, speed rushers are gonna give him a trouble, as a right tackle we can live with it, but not at LT. He's also pretty good run blocker.

Are you telling me that you don't think Eric Berry is the strongest player at his position AND an area of need for Kansas City? That secondary is horrible!

Also, if I'm not mistaken, KC Chiefs new DC Romeo Crennel ran Eric Berry's Pro Day. So KC definitely got an up-close look at Berry!

Maybe they don't value a safety as a top 5 pick no matter how good he is There were other players they whiffed on that could have filled a need last year, but they still chose Tyson

No, Eric Berry is by far the strongest player at his position. What I meant is that the front line, DL or OL, has a lot stronger impact on the game than safety. It's interesting that Romeo did his pro day. I hope KC does take him and Clausen goes to the Bills that way a top OT slides to #13.
  • GORO
  • Veteran
Bualaga remind me of Harris Barton a technician and we would be lucky to have Frank Gore run behind him and Rachal on the right side.
I don't think he'll drop out of the top 10. Most mocks have him going high, as high as 5th to KC.
Originally posted by dbdublin:
I don't think he'll drop out of the top 10. Most mocks have him going high, as high as 5th to KC.

At worst, I say he goes at #9 to Buffalo. Unless they select QB Jimmy Clausen.
Share 49ersWebzone