LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 266 users in the forums

eastbay49er's final mock

13. Anthony Davis Rutgers OT

6'5'' 323 lbs fatty! Was a top 5 talent a few months ago. He'll step in at starting RT day one and even push for LT. He can help reapir our O line.

17. Kyle Wilson Boise State CB/PR

Playermaker. Adds much needed speed in the secondary. Wilson is a amazing punt returner as well as a top CB in the draft. Starts as a nickle CB and takes over for Clements when he leaves.

49. Jon Asamoah Illinois OG

With Jon Asamoah the O line is looking very good for the next 10 years, his size and mobility makes him versatile to play either guard positions. He'll beat out Baas for starting LG

79. Mardy Gilyard Cincinnati WR/KR

A weapon on offensive and special teams. Gilyard was a great returner in college and fills a huge need we have. Gilyard would be a great slot recevier and draw attention away from Crabtree and Davis.

113. Kam Chancellor Virgina Tech SS

Chancellor is a violent hitter and a great tackler. He played CB, FS, and SS in college and is most comfortable and will be drafted as a SS. He lets Goldson stay at FS and we still get to have 2 head hunters in the secondary.

145. George Selvie South Florida DE/OLB

Selvie played DE in college but scouts see him as a 3-4 pass rusher. 29 career sacks, adds depth in the line backers corp. Selvie and Brooks rushing the corners on 3rd and long would be a night mare for QBs.

182. Micah Johnson Kentucky ILB

Johnson's size and athleticism will have Singletary falling in love with Johnson. He's a run stuffer and is great playing in the box. He'll learn from watching TKO and will eventually be paired side by side with Patrick Willis.

206. Crezdon Butler Clemson CB

3 year starter at Clemson, has 11 career INTs. Butler is a big CB (6'0'' 191 lbs) and adds much needed depth at CB.

224. Ekom Udofia Stanford DT

Balmer is a bust, we get Ekom and let him tear up players. At 326 pounds hes sure to make an impact.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Replace Wilson with Iupati and I'm a happy camper. Nice looking mock, though.
rather have earl thomas than wilson but nice mock
I think you can switch the Gilyard and Asomoah picks. I really like this draft though. I would also rather have Thomas over Wilson, but wouldn't mind Wilson at all.
Originally posted by saniner:
I think you can switch the Gilyard and Asomoah picks. I really like this draft though. I would also rather have Thomas over Wilson, but wouldn't mind Wilson at all.

True then take a flyer on an better cover safety but overall nice draft
Thanks for the feedback
Originally posted by eastbay49er:
Thanks for the feedback

I agree with Earl Thomas as opposed to Wilson. I also like your picks of Johnson and Chancellor, they're flying a bit under the radar, and while they won't be pro-bowlers, they can be solid contributers, perhaps even starters.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
rather have earl thomas than wilson but nice mock

If he's there, agree. I wouldn't hate this draft though.
Nice!!!

First two picks really shores up needs.

You can only hope that it falls this way. Not sure players will be available where you pick them, though. Especially Gilyard.
me likey -- our offensive line shored up, defensive depth, and ST production. what's that? f**king PLAYOFFS baby

Originally posted by mayo63:
Replace Wilson with Iupati and I'm a happy camper. Nice looking mock, though.

Agreed, but I would be OK with Thomas at #17 also. But if we took Iupati we wouldn't need Asamoah so we would look for a DB with #49. Maybe Jackson, Cox or Robinson.
Nice draft I'm not sure Asomoah would make it to the third round so I would keep it just like this. If Gilyard is gone they could take Antonio Brown later in the draft.
I could definitely live with that. But would like to look at another return guy in the latter rounds.
Originally posted by Niners23:
Originally posted by eastbay49er:
Thanks for the feedback

I agree with Earl Thomas as opposed to Wilson. I also like your picks of Johnson and Chancellor, they're flying a bit under the radar, and while they won't be pro-bowlers, they can be solid contributers, perhaps even starters.

i like Earl Thomas also, but i think Kyle Wilson can be more of a factor in his rookie season as a nickel corner and punt returner
Share 49ersWebzone