LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 265 users in the forums

My First Post-McNabb Trade Mock (Thomas & Davis)

• LA_NINERS
  • Info N/A
earl thomas LOL.
Originally posted by LA_NINERS:
earl thomas LOL.

Whatever -- He'll probably go in the top 10 before its all said and done.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by nickbradley:
Originally posted by foreign49er:
I wouldn't agree with us taking Thomas over Haden. Take a safety later on, Corners are far too valuable in the NFL today.

I like Haden too, but I think that Thomas is the best FREE Safety in the class (Berry is a better overall S). Thomas' ballskills are second-to-Berry.

Fixed.
I don't think the trade effects the 9ers at all, unless it causes Clausen to have a Rogers/Quinn fall. Seattle just traded for Whitehurst, Holmgrem claims to not like Clausen and Buff severly needs OLine help. In the end, one of those teams or Jacksonville will probably take Clausen or another team trades up for him (Minn?).

The trade will definitely shuffle the teams choices before the 9ers selection and it is all but certain that Okung, Williams, Bulaga are off the board before the 9ers pick.
Thomas over Haden or Spiller? Don't see that happening. I'm sure the Niners would really want to select someone that'll be on the field a lot more than Thomas. We already have two starting safeties and there are great valued safeties in the 2nd and 3rd round.
  • LA_NINERS
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by LA_NINERS:
earl thomas LOL.

Whatever -- He'll probably go in the top 10 before its all said and done.

I'll bet you $100 that Earl Thomas does not go top 10.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SF69ers:
Thomas over Haden or Spiller? Don't see that happening. I'm sure the Niners would really want to select someone that'll be on the field a lot more than Thomas. We already have two starting safeties and there are great valued safeties in the 2nd and 3rd round.

That goes for both Thomas and Haden. Probably wouldn't see much of either next year.
does anyone else feel like e.thomas will have trouble staying on the field similar to b.sanders or t.polamalu? i mean he played around 198-202lbs. i know he bulked up for the combine, but i'm not sure that will stay on his frame, especially since some say he looked to stiff and mechanical at the combine compared to what they saw on tape.
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:

That goes for both Thomas and Haden. Probably wouldn't see much of either next year.

With Haden, at least he'll compete for a chance to be the nickleback and see the field on 3rd downs. With Earl, he may have to wait until the team uses a dime package.
Originally posted by 9erHIGH:
does anyone else feel like e.thomas will have trouble staying on the field similar to b.sanders or t.polamalu? i mean he played around 198-202lbs. i know he bulked up for the combine, but i'm not sure that will stay on his frame, especially since some say he looked to stiff and mechanical at the combine compared to what they saw on tape.

Stiff and mechanical work for Aaron Rogers by god i'll take him either way! This team needs to keep getting better and if we don't get 2 guys that will start this season for us then what's the point. I'm sick of waiting 5 years for are players to start playing, and balmer needs a kick in his first round ass!

I think Trent Williams might go before Bulaga depends on the team

How the hell would a third down back in Spiller see the field more than Earl Thomas?

How the hell would a third down back in Spiller see the field more than Earl Thomas?

Do you think Thomas would come in and start over Goldson and Lewis right away?

LOL because he would probably be in there as a receiver too with Gore. And he would see the field during kickoffs and punt returns. The fact of the matter is this, Earl Thomas is a good player but he will not see the field this season because we have two very good safeties back there.

LOL because he would probably be in there as a receiver too with Gore. And he would see the field during kickoffs and punt returns. The fact of the matter is this, Earl Thomas is a good player but he will not see the field this season because we have two very good safeties back there.

Mark my words, after next year people will be talking about our secondary the way people are talking about our OL this year. We are thin at CB and Safety. And the people we do have in there are in the twilight of their careers (Lewis, Clements, Bly/Harris if they return) and are injury prone.

In my opinion, Haden/Wilson/McCourty/E. Thomas is a must.

[ Edited by YouGotGored on Apr 5, 2010 at 11:33:14 ]
Share 49ersWebzone