There are 221 users in the forums

Best cover SS???

Couple notes on this subject. The best cover SS is Berry, although he will probably play FS in the NFL.

As for Burnett and Allen, don't be shocked if either one of these guys gets drafted in the first round. Both are terrific players, and have the arrow pointing upward on draft board. I doubt either are around beyond the 50th overall.

I want to wish all of you a terrific week. I will be out of the country in Asia until Saturday night, April 10, but plan to crank out a new Big Board and Niners' 100 Draft Board (how I'd stack my board with the top 100 players) in the last week and a half before Draft Thursday.

Cheers.
Have a safe trip MadDog
I think the era of the SS/FS distinction is coming to an end. We need two FS that can hit. Goldson moving over to "SS" is really just a recognition that even at that position you need a guy that can cover in space and patrol one half of the field. Moving a safety into the box to stop the run is not as essential as having two safeties that can cover man to man and deep zone given that the NFL will continue to evolve into a pass oriented game.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Couple notes on this subject. The best cover SS is Berry, although he will probably play FS in the NFL.

As for Burnett and Allen, don't be shocked if either one of these guys gets drafted in the first round. Both are terrific players, and have the arrow pointing upward on draft board. I doubt either are around beyond the 50th overall.

I want to wish all of you a terrific week. I will be out of the country in Asia until Saturday night, April 10, but plan to crank out a new Big Board and Niners' 100 Draft Board (how I'd stack my board with the top 100 players) in the last week and a half before Draft Thursday.

Cheers.

Bring me back a ninja.
Share 49ersWebzone