LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 234 users in the forums

Best cover SS???

I know that a lot of fans have talked about moving Goldson to the SS position. But in this draft, who are the best SS's in coverage? Players with enough size to play up around the line of scrimmage, but with enough range to actually impact the secondary as well?
Nate Allen USF Good size and cover ability.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:

Allen is a FS
Taylor Mays.
Reshard Jones - 3rd round pick. DROY!
Originally posted by jta854:
Taylor Mays.

LMAO

[ Edited by calikid49 on Apr 1, 2010 at 16:21:59 ]

[ Edited by Negrodamus on Apr 1, 2010 at 17:00:43 ]
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:

Allen is a FS

My bad and I don't care. I still want him to pair with Goldson
Originally posted by kronik:

I agree, but he will not last till round 3 any more. We HAVE to take him round 2 or the jets will scoop him up at the end of round 2. I have been saying Reshad Jones for a while. He is the Best all around SS (Berry and Thomas are hybrids). He can lay the wood, cover a slot/TE, has good ball skills, and even returned a few punts last year (though i dunno if he will be that good in the NFL at KR/PR).
Originally posted by GoldenGateFan:

I agree, but he will not last till round 3 any more. We HAVE to take him round 2 or the jets will scoop him up at the end of round 2. I have been saying Reshad Jones for a while. He is the Best all around SS (Berry and Thomas are hybrids). He can lay the wood, cover a slot/TE, has good ball skills, and even returned a few punts last year (though i dunno if he will be that good in the NFL at KR/PR).

iam on this guys bandwagon. OMG can this guy hit. would love him at SS.

[ Edited by SFCH3DDERZ on Apr 1, 2010 at 17:33:23 ]

T.J Ward- Oregon and Morgan Burnett- Georgia Tech. Im a big fan of Burnett, would love him in the 3rd rd.
BTW, Eric Berry can play SS, FS and even corner and play all of them well. At FS though he is all-world.
go cowboys WTF????
Originally posted by calikid49:
Originally posted by jta854:
Taylor Mays.

LMAO

Originally posted by GoldenGateFan:

Jets could go WR in the second to help Schanez.
Share 49ersWebzone