LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 299 users in the forums

MadDog's Spring Break Big 255 Board Edition

Nice job MadDog.
It's looking more and more like Charles Brown is a real possibility for the 49ers at 17. Im even hearing that Seattle could take him at 14 if they do not take an OT at #6. I like Brown, he is a good prospect with a very big upside. His best football is clearly ahead of him but Im not sure if he can start as a rookie and I think everyone would agree he is a natural LT. of course with us going to a more zone blocking scheme he could fit in as a RT and from the comments I read from Baalke, it seems like the team is more than willing to move Staley to RT if they feel they can get a real good LT.

We'll see, I still think Brown would be bit of a reach at 17.
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
It's looking more and more like Charles Brown is a real possibility for the 49ers at 17. Im even hearing that Seattle could take him at 14 if they do not take an OT at #6. I like Brown, he is a good prospect with a very big upside. His best football is clearly ahead of him but Im not sure if he can start as a rookie and I think everyone would agree he is a natural LT. of course with us going to a more zone blocking scheme he could fit in as a RT and from the comments I read from Baalke, it seems like the team is more than willing to move Staley to RT if they feel they can get a real good LT.

Brown might be a reach at 17, but without a good RT, its a reach to think we are a playoff team.
Originally posted by BrianGO:

Brown might be a reach at 17, but without a good RT, its a reach to think we are a playoff team.

I agree but is Brown a RT and how much can help in 2010? Not saying you don't draft a guy because he can't help you as a rookie I just think he would be a reach at 17 esspecially of Graham and Kyle Wilson are on the board.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Then move Staley over to RT and keep Brown at LT, problem solved.
Can you imagine the first time Charles Brown allows a sack:

"Charlie Brown, you BLOCKHEAD!"

(Sorry, I couldnt help the Peanuts reference).
Nice job as usual MadDog
Originally posted by BrianGO:

I agree but is Brown a RT and how much can help in 2010? Not saying you don't draft a guy because he can't help you as a rookie I just think he would be a reach at 17 esspecially of Graham and Kyle Wilson are on the board.

This.

I could see the team trading back to the late first round, then picking Brown up there, if he's still available, or Saffold, who looks very similar.

Brown's a reach at #17, and I'd much rather have an impact guy like Graham there.
  • LA_NINERS
  • Info N/A
Nice maddog!
Awesome job MadDog!

I'm hoping that if they end up with a guy like Brown, that they have traded down and received another 3rd round pick this year.

But it seems like everyone thinks Lupati is a sure thing. Do you take the BPA or draft an OT?
MD,
Interested in hearing your prediction on if there is a player who will be selected in the 1st round who will be out of the league in 3 years? Anthony Davis fit that crystal ball mold?
Originally posted by ninergold:
I'm hoping that if they end up with a guy like Brown, that they have traded down and received another 3rd round pick this year.

But it seems like everyone thinks Lupati is a sure thing. Do you take the BPA or draft an OT?

At 13 or 17? Iupati is far from a sure thing. You watch him in the Senior Bowl game getting knocked on his ass. He is still fairly raw.

At 13 or 17? Iupati is far from a sure thing. You watch him in the Senior Bowl game getting knocked on his ass. He is still fairly raw.

And his performance at the Combine was average, at best.

He's a big guy, and may have a mean streak, but he's no sure thing and would be a REACH in the first round, IMHO.
Originally posted by oldninerdude:

And his performance at the Combine was average, at best.

He's a big guy, and may have a mean streak, but he's no sure thing and would be a REACH in the first round, IMHO.

Average? Most reports say he had a solid combine at the very worst. Teams trying him at tackle acknowledged he'd need work if you wanted to move him there, but there is no question that Mike is the best guard prospect in the draft.
Share 49ersWebzone