LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 227 users in the forums

Charles Brown

Brown is the tackle most likely to be available to us that I really want (Bulaga included). The question is whether he would still be available with 17. Until now I have been hopeful.
If Kansas City is willing to take less value for the 5th like Cleveland did last year should we consider moving up?

Eric Berry, Trent Williams are slam dunk picks for us.
Originally posted by tjd808185:
If Kansas City is willing to take less value for the 5th like Cleveland did last year should we consider moving up?

I could see the Eagles moving up for Berry
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by teeohh:

All the way up there? Would cost an arm and a leg.

i think the eagles are too far down to move up, unless they trade both their 2nd rounders and their 1st.

if the niners want berry, i think they should trade up, theres a way okung falls as well.
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:

Not so sure if it would. Cleveland traded the 5th pick for 3 scrubs and a 2nd round pick and that was an even bigger drop, and to acquire a franchise QB.

Today's contract structure drops down the value of that pick. Pioli loves positional value, and right tackle and safety just don't hold that kind value to justify the contract. We also know that Pioli loves acquiring additional 2nd rounders.

I would not be surprised if he took less to get out of that pick.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Apr 18, 2010 at 10:20 AM ]
  • Shifty
  • Veteran

Not so sure if it would. Cleveland traded the 5th pick for 3 scrubs and a 2nd round pick and that was an even bigger drop, and to acquire a franchise QB.

Today's contract structure drops down the value of that pick. Pioli loves positional value, and right tackle and safety just don't hold that kind value to justify the contract. We also know that Pioli loves acquiring additional 2nd rounders.

Nope the Jets also had to give up their first round pick too, which was a higher pick then where the Eagles are picking. Plus Eric Mangini knew the 3 "scrubs" so those guys who a higher value to him than to other teams.

To move up to the 5th the Eagles will probably have to give up their first, the high 2nd they got from Washington and a 3rd or else a good player or two. Which is a lot.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran

Nope the Jets also had to give up their first round pick too, which was a higher pick then where the Eagles are picking. Plus Eric Mangini knew the 3 "scrubs" so those guys who a higher value to him than to other teams.

To move up to the 5th the Eagles will probably have to give up their first, the high 2nd they got from Washington and a 3rd or else a good player or two. Which is a lot.

Just looked at the draft value chart (which i know isn't an exact representation but still) and they would have to give up their first and 2 2nds to make that trade (and by the points it still wouldnt be enough) go down. Which is quite a lot
  • krizay
  • Veteran

Rumor is they like Earl Thomas. Which I hope lands us a trade down with the #13 pick.
Great info! I wonder who will trade up to #4 for Berry.

I assumed you understood that we're talking about a swap of 1st round picks here.

Mangini threw those guys in just to make the deal look a little better. Those guys were scrubs. He knew it, the Jets knew it, and the Browns knew it.

1st, 2nd and future 3rd would probally get the deal done. For a player of Eric Berry's caliber boy is that worth it. The Eagles comment was put in by Teohh. I suggested if we should make the move up for Berry or Trent Williams.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Apr 18, 2010 at 12:13 PM ]
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Its all just speculation, these dudes don't know anymore then you and I.
Originally posted by susweel:
Its all just speculation, these dudes don't know anymore then you and I.

true man!
Share 49ersWebzone