LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 268 users in the forums

Patrick Willis on CJ Spiller

At this point, I would rather select the best running back/kick returner than the 5th best o-lineman who is known to be lazy in Anthony Davis.

Yes, Frank Gore is our guy, but he's got plenty of mileage in his legs and has missed games due to injury. God forbid he gets injured again, but I don't want Coffee and Robinson being our running backs.
Originally posted by SF69ers:
At this point, I would rather select the best running back/kick returner than the 5th best o-lineman who is known to be lazy in Anthony Davis.

Yes, Frank Gore is our guy, but he's got plenty of mileage in his legs and has missed games due to injury. God forbid he gets injured again, but I don't want Coffee and Robinson being our running backs.

that's how I look at it too. Use the first for BPA.

Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:

Yea I just don't get it with some people. They're so worried that selecting Spiller will piss off Gore. Well guess what, this is the NFL and the majority of the teams use more than one running back now due to their careers running short (no pun intended). Not only will this give us an explosive threat that we're lacking on offense, but this gives Gore more energy when we make the playoffs.

Yea I just don't get it with some people. They're so worried that selecting Spiller will piss off Gore. Well guess what, this is the NFL and the majority of the teams use more than one running back now due to their careers running short (no pun intended). Not only will this give us an explosive threat that we're lacking on offense, but this gives Gore more energy when we make the playoffs.

If Spiller helps us get into the playoffs I bet Frank wont be too upset then.
Originally posted by Youngone:
Originally posted by valrod33:
I dont want spiller wither but Patrick willis just needs to shut the f**k up already. Stay of twitter Patrick that s**t is gonna get you in trouble

I know....I like Willis but he needs to stop being such a little b**ch. I wish he was here right now I would shake the s**t out of him. Maybe even pimp slap him.

Then we'd have to change your handle to "Deadone," or "Goneone."

[ Edited by oldninerdude on Mar 24, 2010 at 09:23:40 ]
Originally posted by jreff22:

Exactly. This team is all about winning. That is what Singletary has done to this team. It's not about individual gain anymore. They were so close to making it last year and they need all they can get to take that next step.

Think about it, we probably could've beaten a lot of teams if Gore hadn't gotten injured last season. We probably could've won a few games if our PR/KR were legit. All I'm saying is that Spiller can help lead us along.

Exactly. This team is all about winning. That is what Singletary has done to this team. It's not about individual gain anymore. They were so close to making it last year and they need all they can get to take that next step.

Think about it, we probably could've beaten a lot of teams if Gore hadn't gotten injured last season. We probably could've won a few games if our PR/KR were legit. All I'm saying is that Spiller can help lead us along.

If Berry is gone Spiller is next on my list as immediate impact player.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
I doesn't hurt to have two good backs. Pat is being very narrow minded, he needs to look at the bigger picture. I personally dont really care if we draft Spiller or not, but him getting drafted by the niners is a long shot.
what else is he gonna say yea let's bring in a replacement for my good friend gore folks acting like he's breaking down the players attributes personally i think spiller iv overrated and over hyped. i wouldn't mind getting him but i'd rather pass

[ Edited by lamontb on Mar 24, 2010 at 09:30:55 ]

Like I've been saying all along, we lost 6 games by 3, 3, 4, 7, 6 and 3 points. At this point, I think Spiller is the quickest way to the playoffs. A rookie o-lineman usually doesn't have that kind of immediate impact.. although I'm all for drafting one, as long as we land Spiller.
Two sets of fresh legs going into the end of the season?? YES PLEASE!!!! Not to mention the HUGE upgrade he'd be at KR/PR. It seems people don't see just how important a reliable, explosive return man is.
Two sets of fresh legs going into the end of the season?? YES PLEASE!!!! Not to mention the HUGE upgrade he'd be at KR/PR. It seems people don't see just how important a reliable, explosive return man is.

add in slot WR as well

Gore, Davis, Crabtree, Morgan, and Spiller on the field at the same time!!!
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

Duh, dont you know ? Niners dont like explosive that can score touchdowns.
Originally posted by susweel:

Duh, dont you know ? Niners dont like explosive that can score touchdowns.

We like guys who are easily coverable and don't have gamebreaking speed. Once we get speed on our team (Like Lelie, Hill) we totally psych out the opponent by not using it

[ Edited by Youngone on Mar 24, 2010 at 09:53:23 ]
Share 49ersWebzone