There are 210 users in the forums

Walter Football 3/16 Mock Draft (Spiller and Anthony Davis)

http://walterfootball.com/draft2010.php

I like the Spiller pick there, but not so sure about Davis. I've never really liked boom/bust picks like Kwame Harris and Kentwan Balmer.

The #13 makes sense though: if Trent Williams and Joe Haden are gone at #13, Spiller is a near-lock...Earl Thomas or Taylor Mays could be an option.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Yeah, but then the question is, is Davis better at #17 or someone else in the 2nd round?
I'd rather have Iupati at #17 than Anthony Davis. Davis has had work ethic issues in the past (lethargy condition).
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DarthNiner:
I'd rather have Iupati at #17 than Anthony Davis. Davis has had work ethic issues in the past (lethargy condition).
  • fryet
  • Veteran
Hmm, at 17 they say that Singletary likes Taylor Mays. I sure hope that they are wrong!

Word. Iupati is a freak and has a winning attitude.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by bigwads:

Word. Iupati is a freak and has a winning attitude.

Yeah, he is not to mention he's a good player, too.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
That mock works for me
  • NYSunDevil49er
  • Info N/A
I would splooge in my pants if this actually happened, though I can't see it.

I'd be perfectly fine with our picks in every round. I love Spiller, and Davis is talented but lazy, though I have faith in Sing as a motivator. Could be a steal at 17.

Kareem Jackson in the 2nd would be an absolute steal! I love this kid, and he has return ability, but never got to show it thanks to Arenas. I wouldn't be that upset if we traded back into the 1st to get him, or took him at 17. He's big, strong in run support, can play man or zone, has good ball skills, closing burst, and recovery speed. My only concern is that he's a Nick Saban DB, and they haven't panned out so well in the pros.

I'd rather have John Jerry in the 3rd and Kam Chancellor in the 4th, but I still LOVE the players they have selected for us. Asamoah is a very good guard, but I prefer Jerry because of his ability to play RT in a pinch. He also seems more like a McCloughlan OL. Massive, athletic, mauler.

The concerns with Rolle are the same as always. Is he a fluid enough athlete? And is he committed to football? Other than that, amazing person and potentially a very good NFL player.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

Thank you. I took Iuptai over Davis in AB's mock draft in this forum, and several posters can't see the logic in that. This is exactly my argument. Why would you draft a guy who doesn't love football over a guy who bleeds football and has just as much potential (if not more).

Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:

Thank you. I took Iuptai over Davis in AB's mock draft in this forum, and several posters can't see the logic in that. This is exactly my argument. Why would you draft a guy who doesn't love football over a guy who bleeds football and has just as much potential (if not more).

Couple of reasons. First, you dont know he doesnt love football. Has he really said that? Secondly, he plays the much more valuable position and does have big time skills. Before the combine, people were talking about him with Okung and without question ahead of Bulaga and Williams. Finally, very good guards can be found much easier in the later rounds than tackles.

Not saying Iupati is a bad choice. I just prefer Davis.
Spiller, RT with future LT capabilities, CB, and G. Sounds good to me!
I was enjoying the article until the author started refering to Mike Vick as "QB Dog Killer." I stopped reading it after that. That is just unprofessional, tacky, and a cheap shot. If youre writing an article about the draft, speak of all players with some respectful decency. If you want to smear Vick do it on your own time, not while Im prepping for the draft.

Walter Football =
In the mock Dez Bryant goes at 14 to Seattle. If both Spiller and Bryant were still available, I'd rather have Bryant. Just Imagine Crabtree, Bryant and Vernon. That would giv Smith the weapons needed to succeed and would give us a very potent offense. Then second round we get Brandon Ghee, third round we get Reshad Jones, Ciron Black in 4, Micah Johnson in 5, get a hard-nosed FB (Rashawn Jackson) in the 6th and BPA 7th and we have our team for the future.

Smith
Gore
Jackson
Crabtree/Bryant/Morgan
Davis
Staley
Rachal
Heitmann
Black
Davis

Smith
Franklin
Sopoaga
Lawson
Haralson
Willis/M.Johnson
Ghee/Spencer/Clements/Brown
Goldson
Jones
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:

Couple of reasons. First, you dont know he doesnt love football. Has he really said that? Secondly, he plays the much more valuable position and does have big time skills. Before the combine, people were talking about him with Okung and without question ahead of Bulaga and Williams. Finally, very good guards can be found much easier in the later rounds than tackles.

Not saying Iupati is a bad choice. I just prefer Davis.

I'm sure he didn't say it, but some things need not be said. According to some scouts, he had horrible interview at combine, and his attitude of taking it easy on the field shows that he doesn't love football and that he is lazy.

Of course he is still a very good player. I feel he has bust written all over him. OT is a kind of position where one needs to spend a lot of time with the other members of the OL and watch a lot of film and make lot of technical adjustments in the pro-level. More importantly, more than the physical ability, mental ability is required.

A person who is being labeled lazy hardly ever finds success at OL. You can find good but lazy WRs and LBs and other defensive players, but you won't find a good but lazy QB or OL. Players at those two positions need to spend as much time in the film room as they spend on the field.

edit: btw...Iupati is not just a very good guard. He is being constantly compared to Larry Allen. Though I think that's crazy, but being compared to a legend like him only shows how impressive he is.
[ Edited by 49ersMyLife on Mar 16, 2010 at 5:26 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone