There are 143 users in the forums

My take on 13 and 17

Originally posted by SacRock14:
Very nice post. I'm pretty much in agreement with your assessment.

Spiller and OL is my preference. I also would be happy with Iupati and would not want to move him. If we can find any lineman who will be a fixture for years, I say go for it. He seems to be one.

Exactly. Look at what Larry Allen did for the Cowboy dynasty. People say you shouldn't spend a middle 1st round pick on a Guard, but not having to worry about a position for a while is worth it.
Originally posted by Karma:

Spiller and OL is my preference. I also would be happy with Iupati and would not want to move him. If we can find any lineman who will be a fixture for years, I say go for it. He seems to be one.

Exactly. Look at what Larry Allen did for the Cowboy dynasty. People say you shouldn't spend a middle 1st round pick on a Guard, but not having to worry about a position for a while is worth it.

I don't think Iupati will be anything close to a Larry Allen or Steve Hutchinson though...
Great obsession to have and thank you for the extensive breakdown! I would love to see Spiller's name called @13 but McCloughan won't do it because of his height/weight standards.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

I don't think Iupati will be anything close to a Larry Allen or Steve Hutchinson though...

It is hard to predict a future hall of famer, but Iupati at least looks like a major upgrade from David Baas.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

It is hard to predict a future hall of famer, but Iupati at least looks like a major upgrade from David Baas.

Yeah and Baas was the 33rd pick or whatever because he looked like he'd be a helluva lot better than he is now. Of course he looks good going against the players Idaho goes against. But in the practices at the senior bowl he didn't look so great IMO, the game he looked terrible, and he never really played anyone good when he was in college as far as I know(which I could be wrong). I would rather take a more proven player, and find a more proven guard like a Chester Pitts.
Share 49ersWebzone