LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 231 users in the forums

Mav's Post Combine Mock.....

Okay guys here's my post combine mock. I always appricate your guys input (both good and bad). Also this mock is taking into consideration the non-existant F/A we are having. I'm pretty excited about this mock. With this we get our OT, G, FS, return guy and DL depth.

1a. Bryan Bulaga/Anthony Davis OT: I honestly believe one of these guys are going to fall to us at 13. A bookend tackle for Solari to dig his teeth into.

1b. Earl Thomas FS Texas: This pick will probably kill the mock for most people but I really feel he's exactly what we're looking for in our secondary. He's rangy, has speed, and great ball skills. Also has the ability to take INT's to the house.

2. Mardy Gilard WR Cinci: A sub par combine helps this happen. I think when you combine his ST abilties with his vertical route running you get a lot of value for a second round pick.

3. Mike Johnson G Alabama: A solid guard that is well versed in zone blocking and has the bulk/strength to play man when needed as well. IMO an immediate upragde to Bass. Solari will have his hands full now!

4. Torrell Troup NT Central Florida: A solid project to develop behind Franklin. At 6'3" and 315lbs he passes the eye ball test. He also made a killing at the east-west shrine game.

5. C.J. Wilson DE East Carolina: More depth for the DL and someone to develop. Has size/speed to play 5 tech in 3-4. Could be a gem?

6. BPA/Depth

7. BPA/Depth

Thoughts???
I've got no problem with the Thomas pick.

Does Gilyard return punts as well as kickoffs?

After combine I like John Jerry in the 3rd instead, but like the guard call in the 3rd.

Nice job overall.
Originally posted by ishkabibel:
I've got no problem with the Thomas pick.

Does Gilyard return punts as well as kickoffs?

After combine I like John Jerry in the 3rd instead, but like the guard call in the 3rd.

Nice job overall.

From what I saw Gilard does more kick returns than punts but it's not far fetched to believe he can do both. John Jerry has definatly been on my radar as well and would be a solid pick up in the 3rd. He has the size and mauler style play that Sing/Mc'C loves. Thanks for the input!
Share 49ersWebzone