LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 221 users in the forums

Seahawks acquiring Marshall means Spiller available at #17?

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by SoCal9ers:
Originally posted by SF69ers:
Originally posted by susweel:
Im willing to bet you my left nut that McClueless will not draft him.

But what if no one wants your nut? Can I have your boob?

it better be the left boob cause he already owes me his right!

Sorry I already lost my left boob to breast cancer.
Originally posted by oldninerdude:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Why are the Seahawks going after Marshall and we are not?

Just a wild guess: cause he's a head case with character issues who's also a cancer in the locker room and will require one HUGE contract once he gets to Seattle, in addition to the draft pick he will cost them. Then when he arrives, he will no longer be motivated to play for a big contract, meaning that Seattle will have wasted time, money, and draft picks.

This & the 49ers will be VERY fortunate if Spiller is still on the board at 13. If he falls history has shown a team WILL move up to grab a top ten talent.

On a side note anyone who mentions rb's being a dime a dozen in reguards to Spiller is a f***ing moron. He is a special, special player, the man can turn the tables of any game with one touch.
Originally posted by GMniner805:

Just a wild guess: cause he's a head case with character issues who's also a cancer in the locker room and will require one HUGE contract once he gets to Seattle, in addition to the draft pick he will cost them. Then when he arrives, he will no longer be motivated to play for a big contract, meaning that Seattle will have wasted time, money, and draft picks.

This & the 49ers will be VERY fortunate if Spiller is still on the board at 13. If he falls history has shown a team WILL move up to grab a top ten talent.

On a side note anyone who mentions rb's being a dime a dozen in reguards to Spiller is a f***ing moron. He is a special, special player, the man can turn the tables of any game with one touch.

Just like Reggie Bush was a special special player coming out of USC? Did Spiller win the Heisman? Oh wait thats a no. Again Running backs are a dime a dozen in the NFL. Just an FYI Reggie Bush & Spiller were the same height at the Combine & Spiller weighed in 3 lbs lighter than Reggie Bush did.
[ Edited by 4DNinersSon on Mar 5, 2010 at 4:50 PM ]

Originally posted by 4DNinersSon:

Just like Reggie Bush was a special special player coming out of USC? Did Spiller win the Heisman? Oh wait thats a no. Again Running backs are a dime a dozen in the NFL.

Are you blind?? Spiller looks like a body builder compared to Bush & did he come from a power house like USC?? that's a no..

Spiller is much more than running back, if you don't realize that you don't know football.
if they get marshall it will not be for their 1st and if it is i bet they will give up their 1st but will also get something like a 3rd from broncos....or some other package with a trade and a 2nd and 3rd rounder to the broncos.
Originally posted by SoCal9ers:
Originally posted by SF69ers:
Im willing to bet you my left nut that McClueless will not draft him.

But what if no one wants your nut? Can I have your boob?

it better be the left boob cause he already owes me his right!

Sorry I already lost my left boob to breast cancer.

Some of us who have lost loved ones to breast cancer may consider this remark both classless and tasteless.

Just like Reggie Bush was a special special player coming out of USC? Did Spiller win the Heisman? Oh wait thats a no. Again Running backs are a dime a dozen in the NFL. Just an FYI Reggie Bush & Spiller were the same height at the Combine & Spiller weighed in 3 lbs lighter than Reggie Bush did.

If thats the case lets get AP and Chris Johnson here asap. We won 1 out of 4 games when Gore was suffering from injury and that win was the Rams. I dont care if Spiller and Bo Jackson where the same size at the combine. Reggie Bush was a special player surrounded by special players. Spiller is a man that carried his team type special player. If you ever decide to watch the running style of Spiller you will see he is nothing like Bush, he runs angry and with a purpose.

Just like Reggie Bush was a special special player coming out of USC? Did Spiller win the Heisman? Oh wait thats a no. Again Running backs are a dime a dozen in the NFL.

Are you blind?? Spiller looks like a body builder compared to Bush & did he come from a power house like USC?? that's a no..

Spiller is much more than running back, if you don't realize that you don't know football.

Unreal. I guess if you look at things one way and refuse to look at other facts then it makes your opinion the truth. Look at the numbers, watch the tape, look at the comparisons and somehow tell me that they are different players. I like Reggie Bush, I think he's a game changer and wouldn't mind him in Red & Gold at a reasonable price. I don't however think he'll ever be an every down back in the NFL the same way I don't think Spiller, at the same sze as Bush was when he entered the league will be. Is he a game changer? Possibly. I think he is a player in the Reggie Bush mold. Just because you strongly word something and call people names doesn't make your position any stronger or your opinion sound any better.

Unreal. I guess if you look at things one way and refuse to look at other facts then it makes your opinion the truth. Look at the numbers, watch the tape, look at the comparisons and somehow tell me that they are different players. I like Reggie Bush, I think he's a game changer and wouldn't mind him in Red & Gold at a reasonable price. I don't however think he'll ever be an every down back in the NFL the same way I don't think Spiller, at the same sze as Bush was when he entered the league will be. Is he a game changer? Possibly. I think he is a player in the Reggie Bush mold. Just because you strongly word something and call people names doesn't make your position any stronger or your opinion sound any better.

Spiller is 5lbs lighter than Chris Johnson was and Johnson just finished a 358 attempt season to lead the league in rushing

Originally posted by redmanc07:

If thats the case lets get AP and Chris Johnson here asap. We won 1 out of 4 games when Gore was suffering from injury and that win was the Rams. I dont care if Spiller and Bo Jackson where the same size at the combine. Reggie Bush was a special player surrounded by special players. Spiller is a man that carried his team type special player. If you ever decide to watch the running style of Spiller you will see he is nothing like Bush, he runs angry and with a purpose.

Wow, lets check out what NFL.com has to say under Spiller's bio. Odd they seem to agree.
[url=null]null[/url] [url=null]null[/url] Spiller compared to Bush & Felix Jones

Spiller is not the kind of back who can carry a team by rushing 20-25 times a game over the course of a 16-game season. Like a Reggie Bush or Felix Jones, though, he can be a situational player who gives the offense big-play capability out of the backfield. He has a rare burst through the hole, and not many safeties can run him down once they lose the angle on him. He is a competitive runner who will fight for yards and has balance to bounce off hits and keep his feet to gain more yards. Spiller is apt to be the first back taken in the draft in spite of his lack of power and bulk.

He's very special, but history also shows that RBs of his size ALWAYS tend to fall to the late 'teens-twenties' in the first round (Chris Johnson, DeAngelo Williams, Felix Jones).

You also have to remember that as much as C.J. is talented, spending #13th spot money + Signing bonuses to a backup RB/KR is a bit of a turn-off. I'd rather take Trent Williams and just pray Seattle doesn't nab Spiller (or that they trade for Marshall so they'll be forced to get a 'need' at #14, giving us Spiller at #17), cause I don't see New York or Miami giving a damn about Spiller (they have too many defensive needs) before the #17 spot.

We're gonna get some steals either way, count on it.

Wow, lets check out what NFL.com has to say under Spiller's bio. Odd they seem to agree.
[url=null]null[/url] [url=null]null[/url] Spiller compared to Bush & Felix Jones

Spiller is not the kind of back who can carry a team by rushing 20-25 times a game over the course of a 16-game season. Like a Reggie Bush or Felix Jones, though, he can be a situational player who gives the offense big-play capability out of the backfield. He has a rare burst through the hole, and not many safeties can run him down once they lose the angle on him. He is a competitive runner who will fight for yards and has balance to bounce off hits and keep his feet to gain more yards. Spiller is apt to be the first back taken in the draft in spite of his lack of power and bulk.

LMAO lets check out what NFL.com says because they are always spot on. Go find me the Ryan Leaf profile while your at it.

Here is FF tollbox on Chris Johnson coming out of college...

fftoolbox

"On athletic ability alone, Johnson is worth a first or second round selection. He can take it to the end zone every time he touches the ball. Also, a great kick returner, Johnson will contribute immediately as a KR and change of pace back. He will most likely be drafted in the second or third round, mainly because of his speed and talent. He is not projected as a full time tailback in the next level."

Seems to be doing fine to me. Not to mention we dont need someone to take the running game on his shoulders. We need a capable backup that can start if necessary and someone to boost our pathetic return game.

ROFL I Hope you don't base all of your opinions on what you find on NFL.com.
I'm not a fan of using first round pick on a back up players. We just don't have the luxury for first round part time players. No matter how I look at it, Spiller is not going to be a starter as long as Gore is here. We have WAY bigger needs than a RB.
Share 49ersWebzone