There are 167 users in the forums

Wanted your guys' take on this...

Scenario: T. Williams, Spiller, Haden, and JPP on board at #13. Who?

IMO, T. Williams. Why? BPA at position of need, not just BPA. However, one could argue that T. Williams IS BPA anyway except for maybe JPP or Haden. Still, CB and pass rusher aren't not as high of a need as RT so Williams is it.

Who do you guys think given the first scenario?

2nd Scenario: Spiller, Iupati, Graham, Thomas, D. Williams on Board at #17? Who?
IMO, Spiller at BPA and my own personal man-crush on him. Still, all those five can all be slotted at #17.

But in this case, you can't just do BPA. Given need and BPA, I would say, get this, Graham. What Tico? No Spiller or Iupati, the two man-crushes that fulfill that dream draft of yours? Yes, sir.

See what you think behind this reasoning. Given BPA for me, it would be Spiller, Iupati, Graham, Thomas, and D. Williams. However, we can land a RS later in the draft through the fifth rounds. Guard is another position to land quality in the third - fifth rounds, too.

Thomas could become our FS, but really doesn't fit Scotty's mold, but D. Williams does. Yet, Graham is BPA over D. Williams in my book and there is more need at pass rusher than NT, IMO. Then add the fact that Graham is a natural pass rusher and plays the run extremely well holding the edges, something Haralson failed to do especially against CJ. Given Manny's up as a UFA next year, it is time to get his replacement.

Therefore, a Trent Williams and Brandon Graham would be an ideal scenario to start.

Damn it, I still want Spiller and/or Iupati...wahhhhh!

So have at it. What do you say, Zone?
Depends on what Sea has done to a certain extent. If they have taken an OT already I say wait on T Williams till 17.

[ Edited by jreff22 on Mar 4, 2010 at 10:04:53 ]
f**k haden!
It was too long and too many scenarios. LOL. J/K

13 Spiller or Haden
17 Williams, Bulaga or Davis

Round 1 is a success!
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
It was too long and too many scenarios. LOL. J/K

13 Spiller or Haden
17 Williams, Bulaga or Davis

Round 1 is a success!

agree with this one
i don't see the graham pick happening either.
I've made up my mind with who I think the Niners should draft in the 1st.

1A. Spiller
1B. Iupati
13. C.J. Spiller
17. B. Graham
Originally posted by jreff22:
Depends on what Sea has done to a certain extent. If they have taken an OT already I say wait on T Williams till 17.

This. If Seattle goes OT at #6 and we pass on Spiller at #13 and let Seattle take him at 14 I ill be pissed. Seattle won't draft Williams at 14 if they already took a tackle at 6, and I don't think the Giats or Titans would either.

Of course this is assuming Williams is there at 13 in the first place.

[ Edited by ezekiel40 on Mar 4, 2010 at 12:06:52 ]
This is a pretty good draft for CB's, and it is not a big need in 2010, so selecting Haden doesn't make much sense to me unless we think he is clearly better than anyone else on the board.

In fact, I think Kyle Wilson and Devin McCourty are either right with Haden, or even better.

Since the Niners like their CB's to be big (T. Brown was an exception as a nickel back), I think the Niners will bypass CB in the first, and look toward a bigger CB with PR ability in the second.

Originally posted by MadDog49er:
This is a pretty good draft for CB's, and it is not a big need in 2010, so selecting Haden doesn't make much sense to me unless we think he is clearly better than anyone else on the board.

In fact, I think Kyle Wilson and Devin McCourty are either right with Haden, or even better.

Since the Niners like their CB's to be big (T. Brown was an exception as a nickel back), I think the Niners will bypass CB in the first, and look toward a bigger CB with PR ability in the second.

I've wanted Kyle Wilson over Haden even before the 40 times. Plus he's one of the best at returning punts.
Originally posted by ezekiel40:
Originally posted by jreff22:

This. If Seattle goes OT at #6 and we pass on Spiller at #13 and let Seattle take him at 14 I ill be pissed. Seattle won't draft Williams at 14 if they already took a tackle at 6, and I don't think the Giats or Titans would either.

Of course this is assuming Williams is there at 13 in the first place.

i dont think seattle will take spiller they alrready have 2 RBs in forsett and jones they dont need 3 especially when OT QB and pass rush are needs the 3 most important parts of a team however if they sign peppers then we have to worry about them taking spiller
Couldn't agree with you more Tico!!!

I am in Love with Spiller and Iupati... but Williams on the RT will make our line much much better, Solari should increase our effectiveness also.

Graham just has "IT", doesnt have all the measurables but just get pressure and has more moves in his bag as a rookie than most of the other 1st round pass rushers.

Add Sproles in FA, draft Williams and Graham and we are a much improved team.... a legit playoff team.
jason pierre paul. easy.
JPP. No question about it.

a) BPA- without a question

b) we don't have a pass rusher any more than we have an o-line! Don't let the stats fool you. We need pass rush!!!

c) everyone always needs a pass rush! Even teams that have pass rush need more. What happens to teams with too many good pass rushers? They win superbowls. That simple.

d) JPP has the highest ceiling of any player in the draft. He's got a somewhat low floor too, and a much higher bust factor than Suh, McCoy or Berry. But his ceiling is on par with theirs, if not higher.

to me it's simple. JPP.

Second scenario Spiller
Share 49ersWebzone