There are 169 users in the forums

Chris Cook

• pd24
  • Veteran
What round is Chris Cook CB out of Virginia projected to go in? He is 6'2 and ran a 4.46 40 yard dash. If he is projected in round 3 or 4 I see the niners taking him and making him a safety. Give him a year to learn like Dashon Goldson did. We also did the switch from CB to safety with Reggie Smith as well. He is bigger than Dashon Goldson at 212 pounds. Is this crazy, or can you see something like this happen.
Round 2
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jreff22:
Round 2

I wouldn't mind him on our team.
Originally posted by pd24:
...We also did the switch from CB to safety with Reggie Smith as well...

And that's worked out soooo well.

What is everybody's obsession with moving CBs to safety?
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:

He was hurt alot of last year but was playing very well at safety in the preseason. You also left out Dashon Goldson because he played very well.

He was hurt alot of last year but was playing very well at safety in the preseason. You also left out Dashon Goldson because he played very well.

What does Dashon Goldson have to do with this? He played safety in college.

I'd like to draft him, but just leave him at CB if you're gonna draft him. If you want a safety, draft a safety.
  • pd24
  • Veteran

What does Dashon Goldson have to do with this? He played safety in college.
I'd like to draft him, but just leave him at CB if you're gonna draft him. If you want a safety, draft a safety.

He played both positions in college.
Round 2

The problem is would he slide that far in round 2...? Personally knowing that Clements and Spencer will be starting at CB in 2010 I don't see CB as a 2nd round need. Now I think going at CB in the 3rd round is a good idea. The kid would be used more for special teams in the beginning and will have time to get coached without being thrown to the wolves. Due to Hudson's "release" we have an opening for a young CB that can be a developmental guy...keep an eye on Jerome Murphy out of USF.
Round 2

The problem is would he slide that far in round 2...? Personally knowing that Clements and Spencer will be starting at CB in 2010 I don't see CB as a 2nd round need. Now I think going at CB in the 3rd round is a good idea. The kid would be used more for special teams in the beginning and will have time to get coached without being thrown to the wolves. Due to Hudson's "release" we have an opening for a young CB that can be a developmental guy...keep an eye on Jerome Murphy out of USF.

Jerome Murphy is the kid I really would like the 49ers to get.
Originally posted by tohara3:
Round 2

Jerome Murphy is the kid I really would like the 49ers to get.

You and me both brother.

Share 49ersWebzone